Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11310 posts

Weekly Highlights (March 24th to March 30th)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(March 24th, 2013 to March 30th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Does it matter if a protagonist is a woman?

By vegete524 on 03-28-2013 at 08:05 AM Pacific

Does the protagonist’s gender matter to you in a video game? Leave your thoughts about this in this thread.

Post of the Week

PS2 Collection – Looking back at the Greatest Console

By Tim81DE on 03-26-2013 at 01:30 AM Pacific

Check out this post for a glimpse at Tim's PlayStation 2 video game collection and a list of his top 10 PlayStation 2 video games.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to Crazy-Maisy for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the general and support sections.

Member Spotlight

(Crazy-Maisy)

Q: What is your favorite video game genre? Why is it your favorite?

A: I really like Adventure games, but I have a special place in my heart for good tower defense games. I don't play all of them (TD) but my all-time-favorite game is Pixel Junk Monsters. I have played it on both PS3 and on my PSP as well as currently on my PS Vita. It's a game that is so rewarding and as challenging as one wishes for each level every time one plays it. Trophies aside the main game is really getting every area to full Rainbow. My PSP sports full rainbow status. I like the game so much I decided NOT to play on my PS Vita with my PSP save data. :smileyhappy: I recently got all the Trophies for the PS3 version, but that's only because those trophies come mostly via dumb luck :smileywink: and the bulk of them via Trophy Challenge, which is separate from the main game. Replay value is never ending.

Q: What is your most memorable PlayStation experience? Describe it for us!

A: This is my most recent, and most epic for me personally: I watched the PS4 Meeting online, and really liked Second Son game announced, from what I saw about it. I'd never played inFamous and really had no clue that it was something I'd like. I don't know why. But because Second Son was announced, I had to think about it and realized it was probably a gem I'd missed. Then I remembered: Welcome Back program, that was the one I downloaded on my husband's account. Nobody had played it. I started it up and 7 hours later, couldn't put my controller down. I was so psyched! So what's the next one, already on the PS3 because I am PS+ and download everything. inFamous Second Son is one of the first PS4 games I'll buy. My family doesn't like it when I hog the livingroom console to play inFamous, and that's epic for me. I have my own PS3 in my office/craft room. To sit in the livingroom zapping everything and being a console hog must mean I REALLY like it!

Q: Which PlayStation video game are you looking forward to the most right now?

A: Two have my peaked interest. Naughty Dog's The Last of Us is what I've long been waiting for. It's getting closer! The second game I'm looking forward to is LEGO Marvel Superheroes for PS Vita later this year.

Q: Who is your favorite first party video game developer for PlayStation? Why is this developer your favorite?

A: I'd have to say Media Molecule. Little Big Planet is a great series of games and I'm really looking forward to their game "Tearaway" for the PS Vita, as well as seeing what they'll do for the PS4.

Q: What is your favorite soundtrack from a PlayStation video game? What are some of your favorite tracks from it?

A: Ah! Starhawk. It's a great game, and it has awesome music. I like all the tracks, but Homeworld is how the game starts up, and so it immediately gets me into the mood to play. Into the Fray, Come and Get It, The Pipeline round out what I suppose are my favorite. I also have a fondness for Pixel Junk Monsters soundtrack in general.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, Crazy-Maisy!

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 85 (1,801 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11310 posts

Weekly Highlights (March 31st to April 6th)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(March 31st, 2013 to April 6th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Are video games worth $60?

By hjidontknow on 04-01-2013 at 07:24 PM Pacific

Are video games worth $60 to you or do you wait for a price drop of some sort? Leave a comment.

Post of the Week

BioShock Infinite Review

By ChrisInfurna on 04-02-2013 at 02:03 PM Pacific

ChrisInfurna has posted a review for BioShock Infinite here in the forums. Check it out in your spare time.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to Da_Almighty_Guy for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the forums.

Member Spotlight

(Da_Almighty_Guy)

A: My favorite video game genre would have to be Action and Adventure. I love traveling throughout a beautifully crafted world and learning about the story the game is trying to tell, as well as getting to fight through some epic scenes. This also extends to open world games, like Skyrim, since there can be just so much to do.

A: My most memorable experience goes way back to around 2008. I used to (and still do) play the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games all of the time. The most memorable thing for me was passing Through the Fire and Flames on Expert in Guitar Hero 3. Knowing that I passed the most difficult song in the game while all of my friends were still struggling with Medium and Hard gave me a sense of big accomplishment.

A: Being the big Action and Adventure fan that I am and also loving games created by Naughty Dog, I am most looking forward to The Last of Us coming out this Summer. Naughty Dog always creates quality games and I'm anxious to see how Naughty Dog handles a more dramatic game like this.

Q: Who is your favorite first party video game developer for PlayStation? Why is this developer your favorite?

A: This kind of goes hand in hand with my previous answer; Naughty Dog is my favorite developer. Naughty Dog has been a favorite of mine since the original PlayStation 1 and I've come to learn that any game they make will be a great product and a good investment into. I like knowing that I'm going to be given a great product when I buy games by Naughty Dog.

Q: What is your favorite soundtrack from a PlayStation video game? What are some of your favorite tracks from it?

A: I'm not really the one to go looking for OSTs for games, but the top two in my head right now are the soundtracks for Uncharted 3 and Borderlands 2 (I can have two, can't I? :smileytongue:). The Uncharted 3 soundtrack blends epic tracks with a style that fits the region that Drake is in, while the Borderlands 2 soundtrack gives epic music for epic fight scenes, as well as featuring two tracks from the band The Heavy.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, Da_Almighty_Guy!

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 85 (1,705 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11310 posts

Weekly Highlights (April 7th to April 13th)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(April 7th, 2013 to April 13th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Am I the only kid who is allowed to play M-rated titles?

By MaxRufus on 04-07-2013 at 12:53 PM Pacific

Did you play M-rated video games when you were relatively young? Leave some comments in this thread.

Post of the Week

[Pottermore] Represent Your House - Signatures

By Ledis15 on 04-08-2013 at 10:14 AM Pacific

Do you have a Pottermore account? Ledis15 has created some house-specific signatures for use in these forums.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to PeteX19 for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the Naughty Dog sections.

Member Spotlight

(PeteX19)

A: 3rd Person Shooter. For me that perspective feels the most immersive.

A: Well I’d have to say the day I got my Playstation 1. It came with one free game and I ended up getting Alundra which is one of those old school JRPGs. Anyway I got home, started the console up and was greeted with that awesome playstation intro. After two hours of playing Alundra it was time for bed. So I went to save my game and realised I needed a 8MB memory card! They sold them separately back then XD

A: Right now it’s “The Last Of Us”. I’m intrigued by the single player as it seems to have a storyline resembling a great book called “The Road”. What I’m most curious about is the multiplayer and we’re all waiting for information on that. By the way I’m still waiting for “The Last Guardian”, it was one of the main reasons I bought a PS3.

A: Studio Liverpool. The Wipeout series has been very influential and always pushed the boundaries since the Playstation 1 days. In my opinion WipeoutHD was perfection. No idea why Sony would close the studio down and I hope all the devs who lost their jobs found work elsewhere. As far as the playstation studios that remain? I would have to go with Naughty Dog. The Uncharted series is close to my heart lol

A: This is incredibly tough as I listen to a lot of OSTs. Nobuo Uematsu basically wrote the music to my childhood. Final Fantasy 7 to 9 has some fantastic music, go listen! Uematsu really is the master of creating memorable melodies that stick with you for years to come. In recent years it has to be the Metal Gear Solid 4 soundtrack by Harry Gregson Williams. “Endless Pain” is the highlight for me.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, PeteX19!

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 85 (1,628 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11310 posts

Weekly Highlights (April 14th to April 20th)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(April 14th, 2013 to April 20th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

In Your Opinion: Is There Going to Be Any Real Competition Next Gen?

By KillaCam7I3 on 04-14-2013 at 05:32 PM Pacific

Do you think SONY will have competition in the next video game generation? Leave your thoughts.

Post of the Week

Forgotten games that should have a sequel

By BigBrotherKaz on 04-14-2013 at 07:15 AM Pacific

What are some video games that you think should have a sequel? Check out this post from BigBrotherKaz.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to BBurgSteve for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the forums.

Member Spotlight

(BBurgSteve)

A: Action/Adventure - I love a good story, first and foremost, and games in the A/A genre tend to have some of the best stories in gaming.  Uncharted, God of War, inFamous and Assassin's Creed are my favorite series right now, probably in that order.

A: It has to be the first time I powered up my PS3 in 2008 (yeah, I was a little late to the party).  That orchestral 'tuning' sound (the original one), I think, is still one of my favorite sounds in gaming. After that, watching Snake smoke an entire cigarette while MGS4 installed (my first PS3 game).

A: It's kind of a toss-up between inFamous: Second Son and Assasin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

A: Naughty Dog.  Why?  Uncharted.  Could there possibly be any other reason?

A: Journey.  When I listen to it, I can't help but have a Journey in my mind.  My favorite track from it is 'I Was Born For This'.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, BBurgSteve!

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 85 (1,519 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11310 posts

Weekly Highlights (April 21st to April 27th)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(April 21st, 2013 to April 27th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Has Online Multiplayer ruined Video Game Consoles?

By HorrorGod on 04-21-2013 at 04:37 PM Pacific

Has the online multiplayer experience had a negative impact on video game consoles?

Post of the Week

A gift to the forum - some Home-inspired userbars for your signature

By Asuka424 on 04-24-2013 at 09:56 AM Pacific

Asuka424 has created some nice userbars for you to use here in the forums. Check them out.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to GraphiteGB for earning this rank! This user has been very helpful and active in the support sections.

Member Spotlight

(GraphiteGB)

A: 3D Adventure with gun play over platforming with a story. Just more fun for me.

A: Using the sixaxis controlls, in "lair" and finding out 100% that game reviewers in mags were basicly past it. Flying the dragon in "lair" was easy as pie.Using the Power throw of the spinning blade in Dark sector with sixaxis and chopping 3 bad guys in half one after the other in a single throw that was never shown in the trailer. lol. No wonder the game got banned in parts of the world...   

A: None. Got to many to play still. Will rent star trek if i can confirm move support was not dropped.  

A: "That game company". If you have to ask why? You'll never get it.

A: More in to TV and Film music than game music but ME3 sound track no2 Leaving earth...

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, GraphiteGB!

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 85 (1,452 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11310 posts

Weekly Highlights (April 28th to May 4th)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(April 28th, 2013 to May 4th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Dear Katie Couric and those regarding violence in video games

By XxThalionxX on 05-03-2013 at 11:39 PM Pacific

Are video games ruining your life? What are your thoughts on violent video games? 

Post of the Week

What's a game that touched your emotions this generation?

By itsnotozzyitsozz on 04-28-2013 at 12:01 AM Mountain

What are some current generation video games that had a strong emotional impact on you?

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to HorrorGod for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the forums.

Member Spotlight

(HorrorGod)

A: Horror is my favorite. I will give a chance to any game that appears dark, gritty, and creepy. It has been my favorite genre ever since playing games like "Alone in the Dark" and "Doom" on my PC in the early 90's. But, "Resident Evil" was the title that really solidified my love for the genre in video games.

A: I have a lot, but the one that always comes to mind the most is -- watching my older brother beat "Resident Evil" without saving. Before we owned a PS1, our Mom used to rent us one from a local video store, along with a few games. We did not have a memory card at the time, so we never got to save our progress in the games. When we rented RE, my brother and I took turns playing. When we died, we would start over from the beginning. We got to the very end once, only to be killed by the Tyrant. 8+ hours of playing (with a few pause breaks here and there) only to be killed. So, we started again. We had played (and died) so many time, we began to just fly through the early parts of the game, because we learned from our mistakes and knew what to do. Finally, one night my brother was able to reach the Tyrant once again, and beat the game. I felt like I had watched the best 5+ hour movie, ever. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

A: "The Last of Us." Want. Now.

A: I have to say it's a tie between "Naughty Dog" and "Quantic Dream." Both of these studios create the most incredible, smart, fun, and original games I've played in years. Naughty Dog for its sweaty-palm thrill ride "Uncharted" series, and the upcoming "The Last of Us." Quantic Dream for its beautifully, artistic, film-like titles "Indigo Prophecy," "Heavy Rain," and the upcoming "Beyond Two Souls."

A: Any of the soundtracks from Silent Hill 1-4. I love Akira Yamaoka's moody music. It is as important of a character as the town of Silent Hill itself. One of my favorite tracks is from Silent Hill 4. It is called "Room of Angel."

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, HorrorGod!

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 85 (1,371 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11310 posts

Weekly Highlights (May 5th to May 11th)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(May 5th, 2013 to May 11th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

What kinds of Trophies do you like/hate?

By letrinox42 on 05-10-2013 at 02:49 PM Mountain

Different video games come with different trophies. What kinds of trophies do you like or dislike?

Post of the Week

Want to enter the video games industry?

By CELvolt on 05-11-2013 at 11:30 AM Mountain

Are you thinking about working in the video game industry at some point? CELvolt has some advice to share.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to GMRcris for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the Naughty Dog sections.

Member Spotlight

(GMRcris)

A: I don't really have a favorite video game genre, I enjoy almost all of them. Except for puzzle games, not big on those lol.

A: Playing GTA3 on PlayStation, never forgot.

A: The Last of Us and GTA5.

A: Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica, some of the most talent game developers and projects are produced by these two sutdios.

A: Huge fan of both Uncharted and God of War's soundtrack both excellently done and captures the spirit and atmopshere of both games perfectly.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, GMRcris!

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 85 (1,293 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11310 posts

Weekly Highlights (May 12th to May 18th)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(May 12th, 2013 to May 18th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

EA Getting Rid of Online Passes

By UnrealButcher on 05-15-2013 at 07:08 PM Mountain

What do you think about online passes and EA’s decision to discontinue them?

Post of the Week

There is having a good time, and there is being a Nuisance.

By moblesuit75 on 05-17-2013 at 10:01 AM Mountain

Check out this post for some advice on how to effectively participate in the PlayStation Community Forums.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to Jdurg for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the PlayStation General and Support sections.

Member Spotlight

(Jdurg)

A: I like the hack and slash style of games (God of War, Dante's Inferno, etc.).  I guess it's just the simplicity of those games and the ability to pick up a controller, get right into it, and then let your mistakes that you make be your inspiration to learn more.  In addition, the games I mentioned above also seem to have great stories to them, particularly the God of War games as there's a part of me that really enjoys Greek Mythology.

A: I would have to say getting my first PS3 (MGS4 bundle) and loading up the game and just seeing how incredibly smooth and beautiful the games were.  My prior experience with owning a gaming console was the Nintendo 64, so this was quite an upgrade.

A: I don't really have any games that I am super psyched about.  I try not to get my expectations up too high on anything, this way I am not massively disappointed when a game does not meet unrealistically high expectations.  I like being surprised by a game, or genre of games, that I had not previously thought to take a look at.

A: This would definitely have to be SCEA - San Diego Studios.  The developers of MLB The Show.  As a die-hard baseball fan, The Show is the primary reason I purchased a PS3 all those years ago (to go along with MGS4, blu-ray capabilities, etc.).  Each year, they reach out to and interact with the fans to see what it is that we want in the next year's version of the game.  At the same time, they let us know what the hardware limitations are on the console and why certain features simply cannot be implemented.  ANY dev team that is willing to tell us why something isn't done, as opposed to just saying, "Deal with it" is high up on my list.  I wish more studios out there were like them.

A: Not from any particular game, or any particular track, but the soundtrack to the God of War series of games is incredible.  It does a great job of sucking you into the experience itself, while not being so overemphasized that it pulls you away from what you are doing.  The audio teams on these games have done a great job of creating an immersive, epic, psychologically deep soundtrack that fits in with the mood of the games so very well.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, Jdurg!

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 85 (1,225 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11310 posts

Weekly Highlights (May 19th to May 25th)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(May 19th, 2013 to May 25th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Does Anyone Think the Vita Should be Let Go?

By KillaCam7I3 on 05-25-2013 at 12:28 PM Mountain

What do you think the future has in store for the PlayStation Vita? Share your thoughts!

Post of the Week

My stroll through (Home)

By Jersquall on 05-22-2013 at 10:24 PM Mountain

Check out Jersquall’s post for an inspirational story about what PlayStation Home can mean to someone.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to Gadirok for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the PlayStation Community Forums.

Member Spotlight

(Gadirok)

A: My favorite video game genre would have to be open world 3D platformers. I have been fond of them since Spyro the Dragon before I even owned a Playstation console. I would watch my cousins play it since at the time they wouldn't let me play it with them (or they would hook up a dead controller that was unplugged while they actually played it lol) as I was very young. But overtime my interest developed on its own with other consoles and the Sly Cooper series and other major 3D platformers. Playing Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal was one of those genre defining moments for me because I had never seen a game combine two different elements before that involved a mix of third person shooter and platforming. I had never before experienced a game like that before and the combination of so many fun types of gameplay (and minigames) and other features such as amazing state of the art cutscenes, level design, character design, and most importantly the weapons made me realize that Ratchet and Clank was one of the best games I had ever played, and made me realize why I love 3D platformers. Its not that all 3D platformers are just platforming, infact most of the games I have played have all included different types of gameplay and structure. They provide more to the game than just platforming and simple action-adventure games. The developers provide more love to these games than most other genres that I have seen. They give players more freedom to explore than most other genres, and provide new worlds for the players that they could always come back to and have fond memories of to share with other players. That gives these games life, and definitely puts it above the other types of genres.

A: It is difficult to single out one single most memorable PlayStation experience as so many of them were memorable. Whether it's the sewers in Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal on PS2, Fort Gale in WipEout Pulse on PSP, or Acid Rain in the Starhawk Closed Beta on PS3 there has been more than one memorable experience and all of them have been amazing that singling out one of them is injustice to the others. Instead I will provide the most memorable PlayStation experience as the quality PlayStation Canada has provided for gamers in Ontario. Each year during the Mississauga Peel Police Family Fun Day, Playstation has always made the appearance by bringing a "PlayStation truck" where they have consoles and games set up within the truck to let everyone play. It is an amazing experience and I have looked forward to it every year. A few years before the launch of the PS3 I remember receiving some PS2 demos from the staff on the truck such as SOCOM 2. It was probably the most memorable moment for me as I  had never received a game or even a demo before as a gift for visiting some place. PlayStation setting the standards. :smileyhappy: They have had some amazing artwork on the side of the truck as well. The fact that PlayStation cares about a niche event so much to make an apperance each year makes me glad to know I am a fan of a company that cares for its consumers.

A: Definitely Infamous: Second Son. As soon as I finished Infamous 2 I wanted more. Festival of Blood quenched the thirst for a little while but then it was back to hoping for a Infamous 3 on PS3. But when the February 20th conference was announced and the hype train chugged, I knew that there was a good chance Infamous might make its triumphant return for PS4. And I was so glad that it did. New setting, new character, new powers, and a whole new infamous.

A: It would be Studio Liverpool. Before their closure they created some of the best games of one of the top PlayStation franchises. WipEout Pulse convinced me to purchase a PSP, and WipEout 2048 convinced me to purchase a Vita (along with LittleBigPlanet Vita) but that trailer running with the track "Exceeder" in the background totally left me foaming by my mouth. It was incredible for PSP to have custom sountracks off your own music to play in-game, along with in-game screenshots, online and offline multiplayer, custom tracks, customizable skins. They pushed revolutionary features onto the PSP that were then pushed in for the Vita. I skipped Wipeout HD but later came back when I purchased DLC for 2048, and realized what a mistake I made. Playing "Moa Therma" all over again in 60fps 1080p made me realize I should have bought WipEout HD years earlier. It was the definitive version of Pulse. They have been known to push PlayStation above and beyond the boundary of play.

A: Another tough question, as naming one single sountrack as my favorite does injustice to amazing single tracks such as Killzone 3's "And Ever We Fight On", or Jeanne D'arc with "Elf", Ys Seven's "Vacant Interference", Uncharted's famous "Nate's theme", Ico's "You Were There" and Shadow of the Colossus's "The Opened Way" (sorry for the list, I feel that those tracks are worth mentioning since they are some of the best tracks in PlayStation history). But if I had to go with one single soundtrack it would become a battle between Starhawk's original soundtrack and WipEout Pulse's original soundtrack with Starhawk's sudden death theme and "Come and Get it" fighting against WipEout Pulse's "Exceeder" along with"X-Project (100% mix)". I think WipEout Pulse would emerge victorious from that battle though, because the variety of tracks from different artists make it one of the strongest PlayStation contenders for my favorite soundtrack.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, Gadirok!

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 85 (1,136 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11310 posts

Weekly Highlights (May 26th to June 1st)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(May 26th, 2013 to June 1st, 2013)

Thread of the Week

What do you think of DLC?

By jjjkuk on 05-27-2013 at 10:17 AM Mountain

What do you think about downloadable content? At what point is it not justified?

Post of the Week

Re: Violence in games and how it affects us needs more research.

By Jdurg on 05-29-2013 at 08:00 AM Mountain

Check out Jdurg’s post for reasons why conducting violent video game research is difficult.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to the_ed_85 for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the forums.

Member Spotlight

(the_ed_85)

A: I actually have two genres that I enjoy equally more than others. Those are fighting and Role Playing Games. I like fighting games for the competition and player skill requirements. I like Role Playing Games for the strong storylines that the developers create. If I want competition, I will play fighting games. If I want to enjoy a good storyline with a lot of character development, I will play a Role Playing Game.

Final Fantasy XIII-2, Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra, and Final Fantasy IX Spoilers:

Spoiler
A: My most recent exceptionally memorable Playstation experience was in Final Fantasy XIII-2 when Ciaus Ballad stabbed Noel with his sword. It seemed like Noel had Caius easily beat, and then he comes up and stabs him in the back out of nowhere. I really was not expecting that to happen. Another of my most memorable moments was on the PS2 in Xenosaga Episode III when Shion's brother sacrifices himself to make it so that the rest can continue to go fight Wilhelm and Zarathustra. On the PS1, my most memorable moment would have to be in Final Fantasy IX when Zidane loses his motivation and goes through the segment of Memoria where he fights alone. That segment is so dramatic, and it draws me into the story completely every time I play the game.

A: Right now I'm looking forward to a couple of games. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn, Knack (PS4), and Destiny (PS4).

A: My favorite game developer for PS is without a doubt Square-Enix. I have played and beaten every Final Fantasy title (of the main series, FF7 trilogy, and all of the Gameboy titles). They have made my all time favorite games: FF7, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, FF13 (absolutely loved the storyline and how tight they made the emotional bonds between the characters) and FF8.

A: My all time favorite video game soundtrack is Final Fantasy VII. Unlike most people that would say that One Winged Angel is their favorite track, mine is Cosmo Canyon. After that (in order from most to least) are: Cinco De Chocobo, World Map theme, Wutai, Aerith's Theme, Tifa's Theme, One Winged Angel, Prelude, and Opening Theme - Final Fantasy. I absolutely love the Final Fantasy music, and I don't think there has been a single installment that I haven't loved the music.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, the_ed_85!

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 85 (1,035 Views)