Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MVP Support
11516 posts

Weekly Highlights (June 9th to June 15th)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(June 9th, 2013 to June 15th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Which PlayStation 4 Launch Titles Will You Get?

By BigPete7978 on ‎06-11-2013 at 11:23 PM Mountain

Which video games will you be purchasing with your PlayStation 4 video game console?

Post of the Week

Tribute/GlassWalls

By Jersquall on 06-14-2013 at 11:09 AM Mountain

Do you have some inspirational stories to share about this former Digital Platforms Community Manager?

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to dewadonuts for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the forums.

Member Spotlight

(dewadonuts)

Q: What is your favorite video game genre? Why is it your favorite?

A: That is actually a hard question for me but it would be somewhere between an action RPG and action adventure game, (I can do that right?). I said this thinking of games like Nier, Bayonetta, the MGS series, and Final Fantasy series. Those are the types of games I will drop everything to play through. Minus MGS, I may not play through the games multiple times, but I'll enjoy every minute of it. That is, unless your name is Final Fantasy 13, I didn't quite enjoy that. 13-2 is a lot better so far though.

Q: What is your most memorable PlayStation experience? Describe it for us!

A: Pass... I've loved the little Playstation experience I've had but I can't think of anything special other than this recent Poster of the Week recognition.

Q: Which PlayStation video game are you looking forward to the most right now?

A: Without a doubt it's Metal Gear Solid 5, Phantom Pain and Ground Zeros. MGS is a series that basically started my "hardcore" gaming as a kid, and it's probably the only game series I will allow myself to turn into a complete fanboy over. I'm trying sooooo hard to lower my excitement for this game but just thinking about it makes me giggle. It'll be great though, I trust the Kojima team (no pressure :smileywink:). The little sample we've seen of the Fox Engine looks great, hopefully the story and everything else translates just as well to my future PS4.

Q: Who is your favorite video game developer for PlayStation? Why is this developer your favorite?

A: If it can be 3rd party, then most definitely Kojima Productions and see my above answer. If you haven't played the MGS series yet, I highly recommend it. If it's a first party Playstation dev, probably Naughty Dog. Not because of the current Last of Us hype, I haven't played the game yet, but Uncharted is a really great series. It's got a good story and the gameplay is on point. I'm not going to say "everyone" will love the series, but I would suggest everyone give it a try... right after Metal Gear Solid. :smileylol:

Q: What is your favorite soundtrack from a PlayStation video game? What are some of your favorite tracks from it?

A: Nier, it definitely has to be Nier. Never before have I ever heard a game soundtrack that I instantly wanted in my collection. If it explains it better, I think Gran Turismo consistently has a great soundtrack, but I won't put that soundtrack in my MP3 player. The Nier soundtrack became my go to music for the longest time. Bad Morning? Nier playlist. Need to go to relax? Nier playlist. Want some sleep music? You get my drift. Favorite tracks? Argh. I'd say Gods Bound By Rules, Hills of the Radiant Winds, Emil's Sacrifice (both versions), to name a few.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, dewadonuts!

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison

Message 31 of 85 (1,765 Views)
MVP Support
11516 posts

Weekly Highlights (June 16th to June 22nd)

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(June 16th, 2013 to June 22nd, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Video Game Fan Art

By Setzaroth on 06-19-2013 at 10:15 PM Mountain

Grab some art supplies and share your video game artwork with your fellow forum members.

Post of the Week

Psyken's Thoughts on the Multiplayer in The Last of Us

By Psyken on 06-21-2013 at 08:38 AM Mountain

Check out Psyken’s thoughts about the multiplayer experience in Naughty Dog’s new video game, The Last of Us.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to ne1atall for earning this rank! This user has been actively helping others and offering advice in the support sections.

Member Spotlight 

(ne1atall)

A: Favorite genre has to be Survival Horror although if you care to check my trophy list you'll see I enjoy almost all genres. Why is it my favorite? I guess it goes back to the first Playstation game I played. Resident Evil. I was actually deployed at the time and another member of my unit had his wife mail him a PlayStation and a few games. He couldn't get past the snake and asked me for help. I was hooked and had his wife mail me a PlayStation too. I just continued to hunt for similar titles and thankfully they've been readily available.

A: My most memorable experience has to be getting the Platinum for Resident Evil 5. I finished all the other levels on the hardest difficult but I couldn't defeat Ndesu. The AI help was horrible and most real players weren't much help either. Or maybe I just stink. :smileyvery-happy: Finally got thru it with the help of someone with the ID Ambrella-Angel. Couldn't have done it without them and I am still grateful.

A: I've been looking forward to another installment of the Kingdom Hearts series for a long time now. I've got another excuse to get a PS4 now as if I needed one. For the PS3 I'd say The Last of Us. I know it's out already but I don't have it yet. :smileywink:

Q: Who is your favorite video game developer for PlayStation? Why is this developer your favorite?

A: Favorite developer? Gotta be Naughty Dog. I loved Crash then when Uncharted came along that was another series that had me instantly hooked. Can't get enough. That's another reason I'm sure TLOU will be awesome.

Q: What is your favorite soundtrack from a PlayStation video game? What are some of your favorite tracks from it?

A: Favorite soundtrack is a bit tough but I guess it'd be something off of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. That had a great soundtrack all the way thru. There is also just about every song in Brutal Legend too. Is it too late to change my answer? :smileytongue:

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, ne1atall!

Message 32 of 85 (1,756 Views)
MVP Support
11516 posts

Weekly Highlights (June 23rd to June 29th)

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(June 23rd, 2013 to June 29th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Where does The Last of Us rank for this generation?

By HoodlumX on 06-23-2013 at 11:48 PM Mountain

Does The Last of Us earn a spot alongside your favorite video games this generation?

Post of the Week

The Last of Us Signatures for the Community

By UzaruSchutzengel on 06-24-2013 at 09:30 AM Mountain

Check out these signatures for The Last of Us that Uzaru has made and feel free to use them.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to calcunnon for earning this rank! This user has been hard at work on a Multiplayer FAQ for The Last of Us.

Member Spotlight

(calcunnon)

A: I can't choose between Stealth and Horror. I love the tension that they bring to the atmosphere of the game.

A: Probably playing the demo of MGS over and over again before the game launched. Just playing hide and seek with the soldiers in the tank hangar was really fun. It was a really new gaming concept to me at the time.

A: Well now that The Last of Us is out, it'll be Beyond: Two Souls.

Q: Who is favorite video game developer for PlayStation? Why is this developer your favorite?

A: Naughty Dog. I used to play a lot of Crash Bandicoot when I was younger, and the Uncharted series was really good. The Last of Us is exceptional, though.

A: The first Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game. It had Goldfinger's 'Superman' and Suicidal Tendencies' 'Cyco Vision'. All the music complimented the game really well.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, calcunnon!

Message 33 of 85 (1,665 Views)
MVP Support
11516 posts

Weekly Highlights (June 30th to July 6th)

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(June 30th, 2013 to July 6th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

"The Last of Us" - Will it really win Game of the Year? (VGA)

By HorrorGod on 06-30-2013 at 01:34 PM Mountain

Will The Last of Us become the GOTY or will another video game earn this title instead?

Post of the Week

FiveFourteen's Request a Signature

By FiveFourteen on 07-01-2013 at03:42 PM Mountain

Check out these signatures that FiveFourteen has made and feel free to request one for yourself.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to HoodlumX for earning this rank! This user has brought some very intriguing discussions to the Naughty Dog sections.

Member Spotlight

(HoodlumX)

A: I'm a fan of many genres. It would be hard for me to limit it to just one. If I had to pick though, I would go with Third-Person Shooters. I feel like they are almost forgotten in a generation that's ruled by FPS games. My all-time favorite TPS game definitely has to be Socom II. I've never invested so much of my time into one game. I miss when multiplayer shooters didn't rely on aim-assist and perk systems. I pick this genre as my favorite probably because of games like Socom, Resident Evil 4, the Uncharted Trilogy, Red Dead Redemption, and the Grand Theft Auto franchise. I've just always adapted to Third-Person Shooters more quickly than any other genre. I love being able to see my character and his actions. Without being so specific though, my favorite genre of games would be action.

A: My most memorable PlayStation experience would definitely have to be Socom II. Every minute that I invested into that game was a memorable experience. One of the moments that sticks out the most to me though is a clan war that I had with the number one clan on the GB Ladder. They was undefeated, and were leaps and bounds above everyone else on the ladder in terms of Clan XP and talent. It was up to me to win the final round and clutch it for my team. The only problem was my entire team got annihilated, while the opposing team still had seven players alive. If you have ever played Socom II, you can imagine how impossible this was. I held off a point on a map called Death Trap, just waiting for them to enter an entrance I was guarding. I launched a grenade out the door and I killed two people. I sprinted away from the entrance and sprayed down two enemies who were approaching from the rear. As soon as I killed them, I knew someone had to be rushing through that entrance that I was previously guarding, hoping to take me out from behind. Sure enough, two enemies were sprinting around the corner. I took them out with my primary weapon. Now it's a one-on-one. Let me remind you, this is the number one clan in the entire game. My entire team has been watching me this entire time. I was excited, but at the same time I was super nervous. I ran up to the entrance and bumped right into the final guy, and took him out with my gun. I managed to clutch that map for us, but we ultimately lost in a best two-out-of-three. Moments like that don't come that often because that game actually took skill to play. There was no aim-assist or perks to help make you better. It was just you and your gun.

A: Though it might not be an exclusive, I would have to go with Grand Theft Auto V. It's still a PlayStation title, so I'm going to go with it. If you would have asked me this a month ago, I would have said The Last of Us. Did the game meet my expectations? You bet. It's my current Game of the Year.

Q: Who is favorite video game developer for PlayStation? Why is this developer your favorite?

A: I would definitely have to say Naughty Dog. To me, they are miles ahead of any other developer out there. When I think of ND, the only word that comes to my mind is Quality. There is no other developer out there right now that can give you a game that is so masterfully crafted, like Naughty Dog can. Everything from the graphics, writing, presentation, music, voice acting and gameplay is just incredible. They are the team to beat right now.

A: I would have to say The Last of Us. I recently listened to the full soundtrack, and all I can say is WOW. It's absolutely beautiful and haunting. If it doesn't win Soundtrack of the Year, then I am going to be SEVERELY upset. My favorites would have to be "The Choice" and "Home". A close second for favorite soundtrack would have to be the one for the original God of War.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, HoodlumX!

Message 34 of 85 (1,611 Views)
MVP Support
11516 posts

Weekly Highlights (July 7th to July 13th)

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(July 7th, 2013 to July 13th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

I love opening my $60 game

By Maggot5787 on 07-06-2013 at 05:50 PM Mountain

Do you prefer physical copies of video games to digital copies of them? Why or why not?

Post of the Week

Re: I love opening my $60 game

By DanSD on 07-07-2013 at 11:08 PM Mountain

Check out DanSD’s post for reasons why purchasing digital copies of video games might be beneficial.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to da1writer for earning this rank! This user has been discussing products and services in the PlayStation General section.

Member Spotlight

(da1writer)

A: Action Adventure Shooters due to Uncharted, it's cover mechanics, great gameplay, fantastic blockbuster visuals, and exceptional story telling really. Can't wait to play the Last of Us, currently paying BioShock Infinite but I'm almost done, can't wait!

A: With me being a fan of shooters in general, Killzone really floored me once I saw the game for the first time on PS2. Being I was a PlayStation owner only, seeing the game for the first time wowed me despite some of its shortcomings. I knew there was something special with this franchise and I'm glad Sony saw the same thing, as Killzone 2 solidified me that the franchise was going to be great. So I bought the PSP game (twice), bought each game on PS3 but sold them to get the HD Collection. Killzone Mercenaries and Shadow Fall will be bought day one.

A: Killzone Shadow Fall on PS4, Killzone Mercenaries on Vita. Still can't wait to play The Last of Us on PS3 - Glad no spoilers have got me yet from other people who played it.

A: Naughty Dog has impressed me since the beginning and I bought every single one of their games as each one trumps the last. Crash Bandicoot was fantastic with each iteration and even had my Mario kart buddies envious when I had them play Crash Team Racing. Jak and Daxter series really made my eyes pop due to the colors and expansive free roaming environments, I bought the franchise on my PS2 back in the day and currently own two copies of the HD collection (one on PS3 and one on Vita). Finally the Uncharted series knocked my socks off with its great story, great visuals (especially in 3D in the third game), and great gameplay. I didn't think it could get better but The Last of Us got 10's across the board... Can't wait to play it!

A: Funny, while it is a multiplatform game, Max Payne introduced me to my favorite band of all time! When the ending credits was rolling, I actually walked out the room to grab a coke. As I was in the fridge I started hearing a guitar playing in my room. Without grabbing my coke, I went back to listen to chords of Late Good Bye that instantly I fell in love with:

"And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye"

The band, Poets of the Fall, became my all-time favorite band after hearing the whole song. From then on, I've imported all their singles, albums, and bought them digitally through Amazon. Really love the band, I'm sure if you have a listen to them you will to, especially with Songs like Carnival of Rust, Lift, Dreaming Wide Awake, War, Locking up the Sun! You can check out the song Late Good Bye here and see for yourself: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCj-I4LoqtQ

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, da1writer!

Message 35 of 85 (1,545 Views)
MVP Support
11516 posts

Weekly Highlights (July 21st to July 27th)

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(July 21st, 2013 to July 27th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

PlayStation 4: Everything about it so far…

By da1writer on 07-21-2013 at 09:37 PM Mountain

If you are looking for some information about the PlayStation 4 then be sure to visit this thread.

Post of the Week

Re: PlayStation 4: Full Digital?

By Jdurg on 07-26-2013 at 09:00 AM Mountain

Check out Jdurg’s post for reasons why purchasing physical copies of video games might be beneficial.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to Grindhead_Jim for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the forums.

Member Spotlight

(Grindhead_Jim)

A: Oh, that's a tough one.  I'd say that each generation of gaming has what, for me, anyway, is a "signature" genre, so, my tastes change with each generation, on some level.

Atari/ColecoVision: space shooters - There's just something about flying around space without any regard to physics whatsoever that is inherently fun.

NES: Side-scrolling action/platformers - The original Ninja Gaiden really showed me how compelling a side scroller can be.  A good side scroller keeps you engaged, stimulated, and gives you a sense of accomplishment.

SNES: Side-scrolling action/platformers - See above, but, the capabilities of the SNES really allowed programmers to do more with the idea, so, I stuck with it.

Playstation:  Puzzle RPGs - think Tecmo's Deception here.  The PS1 allowed for such a huge jump in complexity, it only made sense that the gameplay challenge more than just your reflexes.  I love that in a game.

PlayStation 2: 3rd person stealth action - Splinter Cell is a series that I am married to for life. Story-driven stealth mechanics raise the stakes of your actions much higher.  Nothing is more frustrating than hearing that alarm that says you were caught.

Playstation 3: First Person Shooters - I've been playing this genre since the PC version of Wolfenstein 3D, but, in this last generation, the shooter really came into its own with the perfection of online multiplayer.  Every time you pick up the controller, it's a different experience.

Playstation 4:  Only time will tell!

A: The first time I played Tecmo's Deception is the stuff of legend.  It was 1999.  I played - only stopping for food, bathroom, and sleep - for over a week straight.  I lost my apartment, job, and girlfriend.  Needless to say, I took vacation time when Trapt came out.

A: Watch_Dogs, easily.  That game looks to be the culmination of all the lessons learned in gaming for the last decade, and really seems to be innovating, especially with regard to how we interact with each other, as gamers.

A: Split decision here: I love Tecmo's legacy, but I find that Ubisoft and Eidos Montreal are really pushing the envelope with their experiences.  Not content to retool existing concepts, both of these developers seem to really look to "where the puck is going to be, rather than where it is".

A: I'm going to go with Deus Ex: Human Revolution.  The best soundtracks are the least intrusive, but also add a layer of immersion to the experience.  It's really a fine line, and Michael McCann did a phenomenal job with this one.  The main theme is easily my favorite, as it highlights most of the major events in the game, to great effect.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, Grindhead_Jim!

Message 36 of 85 (1,467 Views)
MVP Support
11516 posts

Weekly Highlights (July 28th to August 3rd)

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(July 28th, 2013 to August 3rd, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Your Children and Gaming

By bob-maul on 08-02-2013 at 10:21 PM Mountain

What is your policy with respect to the types of video games you allow your children play?

Post of the Week

My PlayStation Journey

By xX-ArcticFox-Xx on 08-01-2013 at 06:24 PM Mountain

Check out ArcticFox’s PlayStation journey and share your own experiences with PlayStation in this thread.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to peckdogg68 for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the forums.

Member Spotlight

(peckdogg68)

A: It is hard to determine my favorite I enjoy many such as:  FPS, RPG and strategy.

A: I play a lot of games and get stuck at certain points and lose interest and move on.  My most memorable moment came when I completed FF VIII after attempting and failing to defeat the final boss.  It took so many attempts and each time it took about an hour for the fight to end.  That moment after I actually defeated it was awsome and has to be my most memorable experience.  I had a few friends over and decided to give it a try and I won the fight to the cheers of my friends lol.  This happened a while ago not exactly certain when.  I beat Final Fantasy VIII before beating FF VII. I actually just beat FF VII this year for the first time having gave up on the game the first attempt.

A: It has to be Destiny, the game world looks awsome, the graphics amazing and the storyline looks terrific.  I am very excited for this title to be released however a close second would be The Witcher 3 that one looks great as well.

A: It would have to be Naughty Dog, they kept my interest with Uncharted for the last 4 years, that was the game that took me away from the COD series and I havent looked back since.

A: The music definately enhances or hurts the games but sorry to say I don't have enough info to answer this question.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, peckdogg68!

Message 37 of 85 (1,355 Views)
MVP Support
11516 posts

Weekly Highlights (August 4th to August 10th)

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(August 4th, 2013 to August 10th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Do you prefer your games physical or digital?

By RokoHunter on 08-07-2013 at 01:47 AM Mountain

Do you prefer physical copies of your video games or digital copies? Leave some comments.

Post of the Week

Underrated games that are overlooked yet you consider buying and playing in the future.

By younginflavor18 on 08-10-2013 at 06:21 PM Mountain

Which underrated video games will you be checking out? Share your thoughts or post some recommendations.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to xClayMeow for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the forums.

Member Spotlight

(xClayMeow)

A: This is a very tough question for me, as I'm sure it is for many gamers. I pretty much play and enjoy every genre except simulation and rhythm games. My favorite single-player game of all-time is Half-Life 2 (and its subsequent Episodes), while my favorite multi-player game of all-time was originally Counter-Strike until Team Fortress 2 came around. So you would think I'd choose the shooter genre as my favorite, but I think those aforementioned titles are the exceptions - or maybe they just spoiled other games in the genre for me.

Currently, I'd have to say my favorite genre is action-adventure, which I realize is a bit of a cop-out since it's so broad. But in recent years, the Batman: Arkham games have been some of my favorites and I think the genre that has really taken off and continues to have a bunch of titles to look forward to, like the next Batman: Arkham game, a new Thief, Knack, The Order, Tearaway, and more.

A: Being an 80s kid, I grew up on Nintendo (first NES, then SNES), but the original PlayStation was the first console I bought with my own money. As such, I got to keep it in my bedroom and my brother had to get permission from me to play it. But there were two games in particular that gave me lasting memories: Resident Evil 2 and Gran Turismo. RE2 introduced me to survival horror and no game to this day has made me jump like it did - and despite having not played it in fifteen years, I can still close my eyes and picture situations so vividly. Meanwhile, Gran Turismo made me fall in love with the Dodge Viper.

A: Tearaway, without a doubt. Although it may not look as graphically stunning as Killzone: Mercenary, I think it's the first Vita-exclusive that truly shows the handheld's capabilities. Instead of taking an existing franchise or idea and trying to fit it to the Vita, Media Molecule designed Tearaway with the Vita in mind to the extent that it wouldn't work on any other platform. I'm also admittedly biased because I attended Lead Designer Rex Crowle's Tearaway talk at GDC and was super impressed with the "Paper Engine" - I only wish it would be released to the public!

A: My choice may surprise many, but I'm going to go with an indie developer that has really been making a splash - DrinkBox Studios. Mutant Blobs Attack was the first game I 100%'d on my Vita and Guacamelee was my first Platinum. I thoroughly enjoyed both and thought they provided unique platforming experiences, while also utilizing the Vita's controls quite well (more so Mutant Blobs Attack) without feeling gimmicky. I enjoyed them so much, I'm even thinking of picking them up on Steam (where Guacamelee was just released) to play them all over again. DrinkBox may not make the huge games that sell millions, but they make fun games, and that's all that really matters.

A: Honestly, I'm not a big game soundtrack guy, so it wouldn't be fair for me to answer this.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, xClayMeow!

Message 38 of 85 (1,342 Views)
MVP Support
11516 posts

Weekly Highlights (August 11th to August 17th)

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(August 11th, 2013 to August 17th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Survival Horror

By TheBigDumpMachin on 08-16-2013 at 01:00 PM Mountain

What do you think about survival horror video games and the direction this genre is moving in right now?

Post of the Week

PlayStation Plus saved my TV... and my controller going through it

By da1writer on 08-17-2013 at 07:30 PM Mountain

What do you think about cloud saves? Would you subscribe to PlayStation Plus for its cloud save feature? Leave your thoughts! 

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to UnrealButcher for earning this rank! This user has been discussing products and services in the PlayStation General section.

Member Spotlight

(UnrealButcher)

A: That's pretty tough.

Anyway, when I first started playing on PS I'd say I was pretty big into racing games. Playing games like Wipeout, Need For Speed Series, Gran Turismo, Formula 1, SSXand Road Rash. 

I really am the type of gamer that tries to give every genre it's fair share these days.Though I seem to see a large share of my collection going to games with Zombies/Monsters. Such as Dead Rising Series, Dead Space Series, Resident Evil Series, Castlevania: LoS, Fallout Series, DOOM 3 BFGThe Witcher Series.

So really I guess, anything that catches my eye or ear. :smileyvery-happy:

A: Getting my PS2.

I was driving Armored Car and my Wife called me on my walkie talkie sized flip phone to tell me UPS had just dropped it off.

I really have a lot of fond memories, but that one stands out. Great console.

Also, my older brother becoming a Jill sandwich in Resident Evil.

Spoiler
I had already played through RE and my brother was playing on my Playstation, when he tried to exit a particular room. The ceiling then started to lower and I told him, "Oh just stand there and you'll get rescued." To my horror, the ceiling didn't stop and it smashed him. :smileyfrustrated: He was angry and punched me. I'd always been his punching bag when we were younger and I was now 6' 4". I jumped up, punched him and said, "Bring it on." That was the last time he picked on me. :smileyvery-happy:

A: At present I'm really excited for Killzone: Mercenary.

A: Too many to list. Probably because I'm old. lol. So here, and here.

Q: What was the very first video game console that you purchased? How long have you been playing video games?

A: First console in a house I lived in would be Atari 2600. (My Mom bought it)

First console I purchased myself would be NES.

First console I bought 100+ games for. Playstation.

I've been playing since late '70's, so 35+ years. I grew up mowing lawns to earn money to plunk in the arcade machines at the corner market. Here's a picture of one of the first multiplayer hand helds I remember playing with friends.

Head to Head

Q: Where do you spend most of your time in the PlayStation Community Forums and what do you like to post about?

A: I usually can be found in Playstation General. I like to post about just about anything. As a gamer and the father or 5, I try to help out with anything that I know, and as you can probably tell, I like to give links to any relevant source. While I try to answer questions, I also try to be light hearted. It does however pain me to see some of the regulars feed the trolls. I try my best to stay out of those threads.

Q: What about the PlayStation 4 are you looking forward to the most right now? Did you pre-order this video game console?

A: I'm looking forward to being able to play all its games on my Vita using remote play. It's going to be great when my Wife's girlie shows start back up. I'll still be able to sit with her, and she'll be able to watch them. :smileywink:

I'm looking forward to Gaikai, being able to play PS3 titles I missed out on using this service. 

Oh, and yes I've had mine preordered since the week of E3. Actually, my Wife and kids preordered it for me as an early/late Father's Day gift. I just have to buy games for it. I already have a large list that I'm planning on preordering. AC4, The Division, The Crew, WatchDogs, KZ: SF, inFAMOUS: SS, Diablo 3, Destiny, ESO, The Witcher 3, BF4, Knack.

Oh and looking forward to trying out the F2P games coming out. Warframe, Blacklight, Planetside 2, DCO.

And using my PS+ for whatever we get. Looking forward to playing some DriveClub.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, UnrealButcher!

Message 39 of 85 (1,251 Views)
MVP Support
11516 posts

Weekly Highlights (August 18th to August 24th)

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(August 18th, 2013 to August 24th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Why are people so hung up on exclusives?

By mgzin66 on 08-21-2013 at 11:51 AM Mountain

Are exclusive video games the main reason to purchase one video game console over another? Share your thoughts.

Post of the Week

Re: .::. The Happy .::. PS Vita Owner/User .::. Thread .::.

By remanutd5 on 08-23-2013 at 06:19 PM Mountain

Check out remanutd5’s experience with the PlayStation Vita so far. Are you a satisfied owner of this handheld video game console?

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to Artfuldead for earning this rank! This user has brought some very intriguing discussions to the PlayStation Community Forums.

Member Spotlight

(Artfuldead)

A: Rpgs, because you're able to get really involved in the story and become invested in the characters.

A: Deep Down, I'm hoping that it's Dragon's Dogma 2.

A: Well it was Squaresoft, they made such amazing games, but now it's probably Bethesda.

Q: What was the very first video game console that you purchased? How long have you been playing video games?

A: I've had systems since I can remember, started w/ the Atari. But the first system I ever purchased was the ps1, I got it at a pawn shop w/ Lunar SS Complete for $100.

Q: Where do you go to find out about the latest PlayStation products? What are some of your favorite gaming websites?

A: I find out everything I need to know from the forums, everyone here is really nice and informative.

Q: What about the PlayStation 4 are you looking forward to the most right now? Did you pre-order this video game console?

A: I'm super excited and I think it's just to have the new shiny toy everyone wants, I preordered and have the day off for when it comes, it's gonna be awesome. ^^

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, Artfuldead!

Message 40 of 85 (1,101 Views)