Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MVP Support
11446 posts

Weekly Highlights (August 25th to August 31st)

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(August  25th, 2013 to August 31st, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Do you think video games are for kids and "no life" people?

By Kali_boiz_4life on 08-26-2013 at 07:04 PM Mountain

Do you think people of all ages can enjoy video games? Why do you think some people see video games as simply toys?

Post of the Week

Your Fighting Game History?

By Psycho-Ragdoller on 08-28-2013 at 06:29 PM Mountain

Which fighting video games have you played over the years? Tell this user a little bit about your history with fighting video games.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to Ikit-Klaw for earning this rank! This user has been very active, engaged, and helpful in the forums.

Member Spotlight

(Ikit-Klaw)

Q: What was the very first video game console that you purchased? How long have you been playing video games?

A: Sega Genesis, I have been playing games since 1978 when I received my Atari 2600.

Q: Which PlayStation video game are you looking forward to the most right now?

A: Would be a tie between The Order and Deep Down.

Q: Where do you spend most of your time in the PlayStation Community Forums and what do you like to post about?

A: Spend most of my time in OT but I am working on spending more time in General as well, I wouldn't say I have a favorite thing to post about. 

Q: What is your favorite video game genre? Why is it your favorite?

A: Sandbox games, love the open world where you can just roam around finding things to do.

Q: What about the PlayStation 4 are you looking forward to the most right now? Did you pre-order this video game console?

A: Remote Play, Pre-Ordered a few minutes after E3 (is it Nov 15th yet?)

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, Ikit-Klaw!

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 85 (1,655 Views)
MVP Support
11446 posts

Weekly Highlights (September 1st to September 7th)

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(September 1st, 2013 to September 7th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Would you get a tattoo of something from your favorite video game?

By Jason1802128 on 09-06-2013 at 08:49 PM

What kinds of video game tattoos would you get? If you have some video game tattoos then feel free to share them.

Post of the Week

Everyone Come Share your PlayStation Merchandise here!

By CressOfLight on 09-03-2013 at 08:05 PM

Check out some of CressOfLight’s PlayStation merchandise and leave pictures of your own PlayStation merchandise.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to KANE-FIRE for earning this rank! This user has been very active, engaged, and helpful in the forums.

Member Spotlight

(KANE-FIRE)

Q: What is your favorite video game genre? Why is it your favorite?

A: My favorite video games are JRPG games, especially those games that the characters in it resemble those of an anime. As a big anime fan, every time I see one of those types of games I try to make sure to pick it up not only because the characters resemble that of an anime but also because JRPG games tend to have a strong storyline.

Q: Which PlayStation video game are you looking forward to the most right now?

A: The game I look forward to the most right now has to be Final Fantasy X HD & Final Fantasy X-2 HD. Both video games come together. Final Fantasy X is one of my favorite RPGs of all time. The storyline and turn based combat makes it one of the best RPGs in my opinion. Now that the game will come with trophies I have a reason to replay one of my favorite video games of all time.

Q: What is your favorite video game in the Instant Game Collection? Do you subscribe to PlayStation Plus?

A: My favorite video game from the instant game collection has to be Saints Row: The Third. I heard a lot of good things about the game but never picked it up. Once I saw the game was going to be available as part of the instant game collection I decided to pick it up and to my surprise the game was really fun. The game has a lot of humor and the world is really fun to explore. I'm glad that I am subscribed to the playstation plus service or I would have missed such a great video game.

Q: What is your favorite PlayStation trophy? What makes it stand out from the others in your PlayStation Profile?

A: My favorite trophy has to be the Resident Evil 5 platinum and the reason is because it took me years to obtain such trophies. I started to hunt trophies earlier this year and noticed that I had not obtained yet the platinum for Resident Evil 5. I was surprised that the trophy was not really that hard to obtain so I gave it a shot and went for it until I obtained and added another platinum to my trophy collection from one my favorite video game franchises.

Q: What was the first PlayStation video game that you played online? Do you prefer online multiplayer experiences or offline single-player ones?

A: I think the first video game I ever played online was WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009. As a big wrestling fan, when I got my Internet service back in 2009, the first thing I did was play that game online. As for preferring online multiplayer or offline single video games, I used to only enjoy offline games more but lately I have been enjoying multiplayer games more due to the fact that you are playing with other people around the world which makes your opponent in the game unpredictable. This makes the experience more fun.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, KANE-FIRE!

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 85 (1,589 Views)
MVP Support
11446 posts

Weekly Highlights (September 8th to September 14th)

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2013

Weekly Highlights 

(September 8th, 2013 to September 14th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Is anyone else pumped for PS Vita TV?

By OddFishy69 on 09-09-2013 at 02:58 PM Mountain

What do you think about Sony’s PlayStation Vita TV? Are you excited about it? Leave some of your thoughts in this thread.

Post of the Week 

Re: What was the last greatest Final Fantasy video game for you?

By Melegeant on 09-13-2013 at 08:12 PM Mountain

Check out this post for a brief look at Melegeant's views on how the Final Fantasy video games have changed over the years.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to MaidenVelka for earning this rank! This user has been discussing The Last of Us in the Naughty Dog sections.

Member Spotlight

(MaidenVelka)

A: My favorite genre is Non-Traditional RPG.  Games such as Demon's Souls, Fallout 3, and Mass Effect trilogy.  Those three aren't typically thought of as being the same genre, but I will play all of them an equal, large amount of time, and consider them the best in competition for my dollar.

Q: What was the very first video game console that you purchased? How long have you been playing video games?

A: I have been playing videogames for as long as I can remember.  I am in my thirties, and my parents had me learning/gaming on the Commodore and Intellivision.  I never slowed down except for school and dating haha.  I consider gaming as my biggest hobby.  I would say that reading is actually more important, as it is capable of delivering a larger emotional impact and causing me to think on what I've experienced... but then I've played games such as The Last of Us, and was in awe.

Q: Where do you spend most of your time in the PlayStation Community Forums and what do you like to post about?

A: What I enjoy about the PSN forums is what I enjoy about any forum.  The possibility of finding intelligent users who can rationally discuss and argue about topics they love, which are also important to me.  Sometimes you just want to type about being a dork for a while and the PSN forums are a great place to not feel threatened or mocked for having gaming as a part of your lifestyle.

Q: What was the first PlayStation video game that you played online? Do you prefer online multiplayer experiences or offline single-player ones?

A: The first Playstation game I played online would probably be Final Fantasy 11.  I believe it began in either 2002, or 2003, and I played it until October of 2008.  I only stopped because I came to the realization that I was addicted.  I don't want to type anything sour about the game or PSN, because I don't mean it that way.  It was simply time to move on to other things.  I also know that the game was not PS exclusive, but it's the truthful answer.

Q: Which PlayStation video game are you looking forward to the most right now?

A: It's not an exclusive, so it likely doesn't count as a proper answer, but the game I am most looking forward to is Dark Souls 2.  The Souls titles are without a doubt my favorite series, and DkS2 has hopes of being the best one yet.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, MaidenVelka!

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 85 (1,502 Views)
MVP Support
11446 posts

Weekly Highlights (September 15th to September 21st)

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2013

Weekly Highlights 

(September 15th, 2013 to September 21st, 2013)

Thread of the Week

What do you want to accomplish in the first year of the PS4?

By SliverAnimal45 on 09-15-2013 at 07:20 AM Mountain

What are your gaming goals this year? Which PlayStation 4 video games are you planning to play through?

Post of the Week 

Everything I noticed in TLOU (over 50 things! SPOILERS)

By LudicrouslyLiam on 09-16-2013 at 05:29 PM Mountain

Check out this post for a long list of things that LudicrouslyLiam noticed in The Last of Us. Feel free to leave some comments.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to rojito for earning this rank! This user has been posting (and updating!) many information threads in the forums.

Member Spotlight

(rojito)

A: Definetly Beyond: Two Souls. Looks like a great game.

Q: Who is your favorite video game developer for PlayStation? Why is this developer your favorite?

A: Naughty Dog! Last of Us is such an amazing game and of course Uncharted is also great.

Q: What is your favorite soundtrack from a PlayStation video game? What are some of your favorite tracks from it?

A: Metal Gear Solid! DAT MUSIC! DAT GAME! Perfection!

Q: What was the very first video game console that you purchased? How long have you been playing video games?

A: I first purchased the Sega Genesis but I've been playing games since my dad got me an Intellivision!

Q: What about the PlayStation 4 are you looking forward to the most right now? Did you pre-order this video game console?

A: Remote Play: I can keep playing while the wife takes over the television. That’s exciting!

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, rojito!

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 85 (1,432 Views)
MVP Support
11446 posts

Weekly Highlights (September 22nd to September 28th)

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2013

Weekly Highlights 

(September 22nd, 2013 to September 28th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

What is keeping around the PlayStation veterans?

By PhDChaos on 09-25-2013 at 06:23 PM Mountain

What do you like about the PlayStation Community? What has kept you around for so long? Leave your thoughts.

Post of the Week 

Re: If you could make a new PlayStation franchise...

By Vladdie93 on 09-27-2013 at 12:49 PM Mountain

What kind of video game franchise would you create? Check out the kind of survival horror video game Vladdie93 would create.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to johngie for earning this rank! This user has been running PSASBR tournaments and has been helpful in the support sections.

Member Spotlight

(johngie)

A: I would say the stealth genre. Short of open-world games, a good stealth game affords the player an accessible and varied number of ways to play that are all enjoyable in their own right.

Q: Where do you spend most of your time in the PlayStation Community Forums and what do you like to post about?

A: I used to spend much of my time in the PS3, PSN, and Vita General Discussion forums. After they were all merged into PS General, I moved into Off-Topic. As well, after getting into the Playstation All-Stars closed beta, I began to spend time in the PSABR forums, learning and helping where I could. I enjoy posting about things that genuinely interest me (which are many), and responding to the posts of others with .gifs, as they often can summarize my reaction or opinion better than any words ever could.

A: It's a tough decision between the recording / live video streaming of games, and the Remote Play and full-game streaming ablities, but I would have to go with video recording and streaming. That will be an incredibly fun feature, especially in regards to fighing games, where events and the discovery of new tactics are concerned. As for preordering, of course I have! I must have got mine in minutes after they went live online during E3.

A: My first game online would have been Motorstorm, which came bundled with my PS3. For a number of years, online multiplayer suites were where I made my home, often at the expense of my single-player progress. As time went on however, I began to care less and less abot online games, their stats, trophies, etc... and focused purely on the single player portions, a decision which I have yet to regret. I feel like that will change with the PS4 though. On my Vita however, I am almost constantly playing games online, jumping between PSABR, Killzone: Mercenary, and LBP Vita.

Q: What is your favorite PlayStation trophy? What makes it stand out from the others in your PlayStation Profile?

A: That would have to be Dead Space 2's "Hard to the Core", for beating the game on Hardcore difficulty (where the game affords you a mere 3 saves over the entire story). It's an incredibly time consuming trophy, with a single death often setting you back 4+ hours, and is one I imagine many found too daunting to attempt or finish. So that one, or possibly my 3 Bioshock platinums, as they show my love for that amazing series.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, johngie!

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 85 (1,358 Views)
MVP Support
11446 posts

Weekly Highlights (September 29th to October 5th)

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2013

Weekly Highlights 

(September 29th, 2013 to October 5th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Next-gen needs to be about more than graphics...

By xymox333 on 10-02-2013 at 05:06 PM Mountain

What else about the next generation is compelling to you? Are you only interested in its graphical enhancements?

Post of the Week

My Ellie cosplay! Part 1 of photoshoot!

By Izzybella1 on 10-03-2013 at 07:36 PM Mountain

Izzybella1 recently dressed up as Ellie from The Last of Us. Visit this thread if you would like to see some of her photos.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to vfr_800_rider for earning this rank! This user has been very active, helpful, and engaged in the support sections.

Member Spotlight

(vfr_800_rider)

A: I am a fan of Dungeon Crawlers.  Being an older gamer I play as a distraction from the stresses of work and daily life.  The fantasy world of this genre, being filled with unreal monsters and settings, provides that break from reality I need. 

Q: What is your favorite PlayStation trophy? What makes it stand out from the others in your PlayStation Profile?

A: My very first platinum - Demon's Souls. I was drawn into this game immediately and earned my very first trophy in it.  Spent many, many hours at it and finally earned the platinum.  Was strutting around the house like a peacock for a couple of days!

Q: What is your favorite soundtrack from a PlayStation video game? What are some of your favorite tracks from it?

A: After starting to play "The Last of Us" I went onto the Store and purchased the soundtrack.  Admittedly, this is the only game in my collection that I think has a soundtrack, but it immediately drew me in with its haunting sounds and unusual instruments.  The game itself is a masterpiece and the pairing with the soundtrack is fantastic.  The third track, "The Last of Us" main theme is by far my favorite.

Q: Where do you spend most of your time in the PlayStation Community Forums and what do you like to post about?

A: I spend most of my time in the Support Forums.  I have a fair amount of computing and programming experience and have benefitted from the help offered by others.  I like to give back to the community and help others who want to get past their problems and concentrate on gaming.

Q: What was the very first video game console that you purchased? How long have you been playing video games?

A: Actually, the PS3 is the very first console I purchased.  I started out on the Apple ][ many, many years ago, then moved on to PC gaming.  I have found I much prefer gaming on the PS3 as I find the experience is enhanced by the communities that have formed around the console and games themselves.  I have "met" some great people through gaming on the PS3 and hope to continue to do so.

A: I have pre-ordered a PS4 and anxiously await Dark Souls II.  From Software did a great job with Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, I hope they continue to pump out great games.  Naughty Dog is also a top-notch developer, in my opinion.

Q: What was the first PlayStation video game that you played online? Do you prefer online multiplayer experiences or offline single-player ones?

A: First online game - Demon's Souls, best multi-player experience!  Saying that I do prefer single-player mode though, more relaxing, I can take my time and work at my own pace.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, vfr_800_rider!

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 85 (1,247 Views)
MVP Support
11446 posts

Weekly Highlights (October 6th to October 12th)

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2013

Weekly Highlights 

(October 6th, 2013 to October 12th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Being "mesmerized" by video games

By userusb on 10-11-2013 at 06:18 PM Mountain

Are you still completely fascinated by some video games or is this a thing of the past? Leave your thoughts.

Post of the Week

Re: Beyond: Two Souls 73 out of 100 score?

By Aureilia on 10-10-2013 at 07:14 PM Mountain

Check out this post for Aureilia’s thoughts about Beyond: Two Souls. Do you think this might be a video game for you?

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to Amnalehu for earning this rank! This user has been discussing products and services in the PlayStation General section.

Member Spotlight

(Amnalehu)

A: I would have to say that the action/adventure genre is my favorite. It is my favorite because action adventure games like the Uncharted series, Heavy Rain and The Last of Us are story driven and there is nothing better than a great story that I can actually participate in.

Q: What is your most memorable PlayStation experience? Describe it for us!

A: I have been with Playstation since the launch day of the PS1 so I have a lot of wonderful memories. Without a doubt, playing through The Last of Us was my most memorable gaming experience with Playstation. I must add that hearing my 7 year old daughter pluck out the melody to the Last of Us theme song only a few days after I bought a guitar for her was very moving as well.

Q: Who is your favorite video game developer for PlayStation? Why is this developer your favorite?

A: Hands down, NAUGHTY DOG! Naughty Dog has always brought something new to the table. I remember all of the innovative twist they put on the fighting game genre back in the early 90's with Way of the Warrior (shrinking ninjas!). I was a big fan of Jak and Daxter. Naughty Dog is the complete package. Their games are polished, they have incredible musical scores (can we get the Uncharted score on Music Unlimited please!) and they are masters of character development and story telling.

Q: What is your favorite video game in the Instant Game Collection? Do you subscribe to PlayStation Plus?

A: If I had to name just one I would say Rayman Origins for the PS Vita (only because I already owned Uncharted). If anyone reading this has not tried Rayman Orgins, check it out. I believe I have been a PS+ member since day one!

A: The first console that I ever purchased was the Nintendo NES. I have been playing video games since 1977 when I got an Atari VCS for Christmas. What a year that was! Star Wars and Video games all in the same year!

Q: What about the PlayStation 4 are you looking forward to the most right now? Did you pre-order this video game console?

A: I am really looking forward to all of the social features of the PS4. I love the direction Sony is taking gaming and I think that all of the new ways to share my gaming experiences with friends and family is really what the next generation of gaming is all about. I have pre-ordered my PS4 along with the PS4 Camera and an extra controller. I'm counting down the days!

Q: What was the first PlayStation video game that you played online? Do you prefer online multiplayer experiences or offline single-player ones?

A: The first PS game I played online was actually Final Fantasy XI on the PS2. What an amazing experience! I prefer to play offline but I also love sharing my offline gaming experinces online. I  started recording my games in the early 80's on VHS tapes and sharing special gaming moments with my friends. I am so glad to see that "SHARE" button on the DS4. No more VHS tapes for me!

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, Amnalehu!

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 85 (1,195 Views)
MVP Support
11446 posts

Weekly Highlights (October 13th to October 19th)

[ Edited ]
Oct 21, 2013

Weekly Highlights 

(October 13th, 2013 to October 19th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Do you prefer games that are in their initial releases or GOTY (Game of the Year)?

By younginflavor18 on 10-16-2013 at 05:08 AM Mountain

Do you prefer video games that are packaged with DLC? How much does DLC influence your video game purchases?

Post of the Week

Re: Do you prefer multiplatform titles or exclusives?

By userusb on 10-16-2013 at 09:04 AM Mountain

Check out this post for userusb’s thoughts on the similarities and differences between multiplatform titles and exclusives.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to Black0Panther for earning this rank! This user has been discussing products and services in the PlayStation General section.

Member Spotlight

(Black0Panther)

A: I will have to say for the most RPGs fit my style the best. I love being able to explore a huge world. Diving deep into their dungeons and castles trying to find an Item I need or finding something that is cool.

A: I have to say Socom is my first game online. I prefer a little of both. I wil play through single player game play to both learn the story and maybe even unlock an item or two that will help in multiplayer game play.

Q: What is your most memorable PlayStation experience? Describe it for us!

A: I will have to say again Socom 2. I was playing on line. My friends were watching a show on Tech TV at the time where they actualy play online games live for a segment. I was there waiting with my sniper rifle in the Demoilition map. I took the hot on the enemy got the kill. No big deal. My phone suddenly rings and it's my friends yelling at me, "Turn on Tech TV! Turn on Tech TV!" I do for a moment and all I hear is, "I can't beleive Black0Panther snipered me like that. Where was he hiding?" I use the same name in all my online gaming. I just fell out of my chair laughing and went back to my Socom 2 game.

A: Killzone: Shadow Fall. I am a huge fan of the Killzone series. This game looks like it's going to be great. Waiting patiently to play this when the PS4 is released.

Q: What about the PlayStation 4 are you looking forward to the most right now? Did you pre-order this video game console?

A: I am looking forward to the whole system in general. I cannot wait to see the advancement games will have graphic and power wise due to the new hardware. This may take a little time to see but I am patient. Yes I did. I had my preorder in the Friday after E3 Friday, June 14th. My system is 100% paid off and now I am just being patient till Nov 15th arrives. 

Q: What is your favorite video game in the Instant Game Collection? Do you subscribe to PlayStation Plus?

A: I am a Playstation Plus member. Right now an older set of titles are my favorite. Oni and Shadow of Collosus are my favorite games. I've always wanted to play both but missed my chance. Now I'm geting my chance and loving every minute of it. 

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, Black0Panther!

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 85 (1,104 Views)
MVP Support
11446 posts

Weekly Highlights (October 20th to October 26th)

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2013

Weekly Highlights 

(October 20th, 2013 to October 26th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Gaming Memories. What are yours?

By Black0Panther on 10-26-2013 at 02:16 PM Mountain

What are some of your favorite or most memorable gaming moments? Post them here in this thread.

Post of the Week

An Open Letter to Sony Computer Entertainment

By Lunaticpanda on 10-21-2013 at 03:06 PM Mountain

PlayStation has played a significant role in Lunaticpanda’s life. Check out this open letter that was typed for SCE.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to SC-GRAY_FOX for earning this rank! This user has been discussing products and services in the PlayStation General section.

Member Spotlight

(SC-GRAY_FOX)

Q: What is your favorite video game genre? Why is it your favorite?

A: My favorite genre is Action / Adventure games such as God of War games, Metal Gear Solid, The Last of Us, game types like that. I do play a lot of FPS games but I like the action / adventure genre more b/c of the story lines that can be told and how they wrap you into a game and send you on an amazing journey. 

Q: Which PlayStation video game are you looking forward to the most right now?

A: This is a very hard one but for games that we know are coming out in the near future I would have to call it a tie between Watch Dogs and The Order 1886. I always look forward to new IP's and what they will bring to the table and how they stack up against what is already out. While I really enjoy sequels it's the new games that I really look forward to.

Q: What is your favorite PlayStation trophy? What makes it stand out from the others in your PlayStation Profile?

A: My favorite trophy would have to be the platinum one I got for L.A. Noire. I was not big into getting trophies for much of the PS3 life cycle until the past few months. L.A. Noire was the first game I was able to get 100% game completion in and when I finally saw the Platinum trophy pop it was such a feeling of accomplishment.

Q: What was the very first video game console that you purchased? How long have you been playing video games?

A: It's hard to remember which system was actually the first one I bought on my own and was not a present from my parents. I want to say that it was the PS2 but it may have been the first Playstation as well. I've been playing games since I first started on my uncle's Atari 2600 playing games like Pit Fall, Knight Stalker and Boxing. I want to say I was probably about 9-10 yrs old at the time so I've been playing games for over 20 years now. :smileyhappy:

Q: Where do you spend most of your time in the PlayStation Community Forums and what do you like to post about?

A: I spend most of my time in the Playstation General section. I like to post in there b/c it offers the biggest variety of topics to post about. I usually like to post anything regarding upcoming games that I am looking forward to or general topics about the PlayStation System current or next gen or helping out other members with questions they may have regarding anything PlayStation.

Q: Where do you go to find out about the latest PlayStation products? What are some of your favorite gaming websites?

A: I often check sites such as IGN and Gameinformer where I go to find out general info or to look up game ratings or reviews and new videos posted. I also subscribe to a lot of game related sites or PlayStation sites on Facebook. I follow a few people on YouTube as well and watch their vidoes often. 

Q: What about the PlayStation 4 are you looking forward to the most right now? Did you pre-order this video game console?

A: I pre-ordered the PS4 just as soon as I knew I could. I was actually pre-order #20 out of 20 pre-orders available at the GameStop I went to. I find it odd that I was the last one to get a pre-order at GameStop for the PS4 and I was pre-order #1 for the PS3... Irony at its best. :smileyhappy: What I am looking forward to the most is the unknown, the unknown of where this generation of console will take us with new gaming experiences. The PS3 did its fond farewell by giving us the best game IMO with the Last of Us. Everything from the story to the graphics was so amazing. If this is what the PS3 is going to end with it will be so awesome to see what is in store with the PS4, what games we will see, and how the graphics and gameplay will change. Games are going to be so much more realistic. As games continue to blur the lines between a simple game to a masterpiece we can only wait with anticipation with what the PS4 is going to bring all of us.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, SC-GRAY_FOX!

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 85 (1,023 Views)
MVP Support
11446 posts

Weekly Highlights (October 27th to November 2nd)

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2013

Weekly Highlights 

(October 27th, 2013 to November 2nd, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Harming Children in Video Games

By bob-maul on 11-01-2013 at 09:22 PM Mountain

How do you feel about video games that depict children being harmed? Visit this thread for some discussion about this.

Post of the Week

For ND and everyone returning and new players

By Aureilia on 10-30-2013 at 06:59 AM Mountain

Patch 1.18 was released for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception last week. Check out this post for Aureilia’s thoughts about it.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to bob-maul for earning this rank! This user has created some intriguing discussions and has been very active and engaged.

Member Spotlight

(bob-maul)

A: Tough one. I enjoy a large group of game genres, but I must say I enjoy Role-playing games to be my favorite genre. Whether it be a gory western RPG like Dragon Age: Origins or a charming Japanese RPG like Ni No Kuni, I just cannot get enough. 

Q: What is your most memorabe Playstation experience? Describe it for us! 

A: I only recently got into Playstation gaming (mid-2008 or so) and there is not much to tell regarding my time owning a console. However, I distinctly remember going over to my neighbor's house a lot when I was 8 and watching him play all the gory games. He played GTA. He played Mortal Komat. He had no restrictions placed on him when it came to gaming. I appealed to my mother using him as an example and said, "Well... he is not a mischief-maker and he gets to play all the games!" She got my father and they made a new rule: I could play gory and mature games as long as I never let my mom know I was. And GTA was only allowed to be played at the neighbor's house. Needless to say, turned out a decent kid. My neighbor did not do so well, but I was fine. Being a selfish, imperialist pig, my well-being is all that matters. :smileywink:

A: I really enjoy stories, so I had to go answer this one. :smileytongue: When I was 3 years old, my family decided to go on a cross-country road trip with my grandparents. This invoved a lot of time in the car. I had not really played many games, but my 8-year old sister had a Gameboy Color. Me being a pesky brother and her being an entitled sister, I tried to play it when she was done. I would beg and whine. We did this from Louisiana to Florida and my grandmother was finished with it. She told my parents to stop at the K-mart. She walked in and bought me a Gameboy Color. It was wonderful... except... I had no games to play. From Florida to Virginia, I was bothering my Sister so that I could play Pokemon Blue while she played Super Mario Land. We fought. And fought. Then my grandmother had my parents stop at an EB Games. She bought me my very first game- Pokémon Yellow (and had me pester her all the way to Maine because I could not read and wanted to talk to all the people). 

Q: Where do you go to find out about the latest PlayStation products? What are some of your favorite gaming websites?

A: I used to rely on magazines, but I turned to the Internet after I had bought Super Smash Bros. Melee and wanted to find out how to get Mewtwo. I go on IGN for featurettes and reviews (I love Colin and Greg the most... and not because Greg has a glorious wienerdog). I go to N4G for my quick, and often uncited, news. And I go to Kotaku for my biased, but interesting, culture features. 

A: I generally post in the Off-topic board and I will have times where I go over to the General board. I like to talk about things that have different viewpoints. I do not like big posts of agreement or quick things information posts (I have my news sources for that). The General board does not usually supply me with enough "controversial" material like the Off-topic board does. 

A: The graphical capabilities are fine and dandy, but I absolutely love the new UI and the focus on quick, simple, elegant. The smallest things are going to change the new generation. Along with the UI, I am excited for streaming/spectating capabilities. That changes how I can interact with my friends immensely. I am not confined to playing games with people. I can watch them and listen. I can comment while they play. And the Gaikai functionality will even allow me to play for them down the line. I am not getting a PS4 at launch, but hope to get one before Christmas or right after the holiday season. 

A: The first game I played online was Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Wii, but the first Playstation game I played online was Burnout Paradise (bought it with the system). Offline vs online... hmmm. It depends on the game. I would rather play Playstation All-Stars offline with my friends than offline. But throw in split screen on any game and I am less interested. This is one thing that interests me about Remote Play on the Vita. Will games stream second or first player to the Vita instead of splitting the screen? The Wii U has done it, so make it happen!

A: inFAMOUS Second Son. Only Dragon Age: Inquisition could top that game for me next year. I just loved the franchise on the PS3 and cannot wait to see what Sucker Punch has in store.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, bob-maul!

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 85 (948 Views)