Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MVP Support
11598 posts

Weekly Highlights (January 12th to January 18th)

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2014

Weekly Highlights

(January 12th, 2014 to January 18th, 2014)

Thread of the Week

Who's to blame for lack of new IP's, ideas, and constant rehashes? Gamers or Developers?

By xymox333 on 01-15-2014 at 06:54 PM Mountain

Who would you like to blame for a lack of independent properties and new ideas?

Post of the Week

What does respect mean to you while you're on the PlayStation Community Forums?

By younginflavor18 on 01-12-2014 at 06:06 AM Mountain

What does respect mean to you in the PlayStation Forums and how do you handle disrespect here?

Poster of the Week

Member Spotlight

(kingbro1)

Q: What is your favorite video game genre? Why is it your favorite?

A: Platformers. I enjoy a variety of games, but I have the most experience from the platforming genre, making it the most enjoyable for me.

Q: Which PlayStation video game are you looking forward to the most right now?

A: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Q: Who is your favorite video game developer for PlayStation? Why is this developer your favorite?

A: Naughty Dog. I've been a fan of them since the Crash Bandicoot series and they've developed some of my favorite games. I haven't played The Last of Us yet, though.

Q: Where do you spend most of your time in the PlayStation Community Forums and what do you like to post about?

A: Lately, I've participated in the Mini-Video Game Review Thread. I've been posting quick, but informative reviews of some of my favorite games.

Q: What was the first PlayStation video game that you played online? Do you prefer online multiplayer experiences or offline single-player ones?

A: I believe Lost Planet: Extreme Condition was my first online experience. I enjoy playing online when a friend or family member isn't available, but I prefer having a conversation with a nearby player because headsets and messaging just aren't as exciting to me.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, kingbro1!

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison

Message 61 of 85 (1,156 Views)
MVP Support
11598 posts

Weekly Highlights (January 19th to January 25th)

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2014

Weekly Highlights

(January 19th, 2014 to January 25th, 2014)

Thread of the Week

How do you feel about covert advertising?

By bob-maul on 01-22-2014 at 05:59 PM Mountain

Should there be clear distinctions between opinions and advertisements on YouTube with respect to video games?

Post of the Week

Old IPs & Franchises versus new ones (PS1/2/3 games vs. PS4)

By Grindhead_Jim on 01-23-2014 at 06:49 AM Mountain

How much creativity is being stifled in the name of nostalgia? Should we make an effort to support new ideas more often?

Poster of the Week

Member Spotlight

(Box9Missingo)

A: That would have to be RPG's. They're pretty varied and never really dull. Not to mention the variety of characters you get to play in them. One of the keys I've seen in a lot of them is team work. Having your team work together to take down foes, bosses, and figure out puzzles.

Q: What is your most memorable PlayStation experience? Describe it for us!

A: It would have to be a tie between when I first joined the forums back in 2007 originally, back when the original Nsider forums were shut down. People were nice enough to welcome us Nintendo refugees into the fold. The second would have to be when I got my PS2. I was really excited to start playing games on it. I knew it was going to be a fun adventure, right from the start.

A: The HD remaster of Final Fantasy X and X-2 for the Vita. Just pre-ordered them recently and can't wait for them to come in. Been able to play them on the PS2, but haven't been as of late due to real life. So I'm looking forward to being able to play them on a portable system. Looking forward to the updates in them.

Q: Who is your favorite video game developer for PlayStation? Why is this developer your favorite?

A: Level-5, hands down. They seem to have a good handle on making good and involving games. One of my early favorites from them was Dark Cloud, followed by the sequel to it, Dark Cloud 2. Was lucky enough to find copies of these wonderful games again and add them to my PS2 game collection. I hope that they bring out a third game for this series someday, capitalizing on an already classic and fun series.

Q: What was the very first video game console that you purchased? How long have you been playing video games?

A: It was from a competitor. Nintendo. An NES. Had to start somewhere, I guess. Don't ever regret it, moved on to Playstation around 2002. Still support both Sony and Nintendo. A long time now, since around 1991 or 1992 (approximately). Am planning on getting a Vita soon and will be planning on getting a PS4 sometime in the future.

Q: Where do you spend most of your time in the PlayStation Community Forums and what do you like to post about?

A: Off-Topic, talking about gaming and just having fun and making friends there. The second place used to be the Gaming sections, until they got consolidated. As for what I like to post about, generally posts about gaming, games, reviews, posts that make people think, and fun posts. I spend time over on the support board as well to see if there's anything I can do to help other gamers out.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, Box9Missingo!

Message 62 of 85 (1,068 Views)
MVP Support
11598 posts

Weekly Highlights (January 26th to February 1st)

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2014

Weekly Highlights

(January 26th, 2014 to February 1st, 2014)

Thread of the Week

What Do We Need More Of In Gaming?

By Skyler-100000000 on 01-25-2014 at 12:02 PM Mountain

What would you like to see more of in video games? What do you think the video game industry could benefit from? Share your thoughts!

Post of the Week

The Current State and Future of Gaming

By jgrizzle358 on 01-31-2014 at 11:19 AM Mountain

How do you feel about an all-digital future? How would it affect you and your video game purchases? Join the discussion!

Poster of the Week

Member Spotlight

(JohnKarnes)

A: I almost don't want to say this but it has to be Journey and Flower. Learning what they are about. The feelings and things you think about during and after the game. As a male I would have never thought by the titles I would ever even finish playing them. So different than anything I have ever played with an amazing message to them. I will never forget them.

A: Drive Club PS4 #1! The whole sound, visual and social features make me believe this will be a super game. I may be wrong but I feel it will be more of a FaceBook type social. With challenges for your friends you don't have to wait to play together. Clubs you are part of can race together or share driving points for club perks.

A: I am so glad Sony PlayStation loves Indies! While most don't come even close to a AAA title. They are the place some of the next great AAA will come from. Many of today's best share roots in an Indies game. The cost of a AAA is too much to take the risk and be as innovative as Indies can.

Q: What is your favorite video game in the Instant Game Collection? Do you subscribe to PlayStation Plus?

A: Bioshock infinite. Yes I am a Playstation Plus member. I have posted many times how amazed I am at Sony PlayStation being the first to start this free game feature for its customers. Tuesday is PlayStation day in my house. Like I say forget humpday think about when PlayStation day is coming!

Q: What is your favorite PlayStation trophy? What makes it stand out from the others in your PlayStation Profile?

A: I will say my one platinum trophy. While I do get a smile out of the many reference names of other trophies. I bought The Walking Dead just to get a easy one after seeing a post about it. Not only did this trophy introduce me to a great game but to the only show I watch on TV now.

Q: What is your favorite soundtrack from a PlayStation video game? What are some of your favorite tracks from it?

A: First thing that I think of is Bioshock that old time music takes me back to my childhood. Yup I'm that old. Most of it was in many movies of the 50's and 60's. The Beach Boys "God Only Knows" I liked a lot. I have to mention "Meet Me Now" sometimes called "How Fast Do You Wanna Go?" is my favorite all-time single song.

Q: What was the very first video game console that you purchased? How long have you been playing video games?

A: I've had many and don't remember what was first. ColecoVision, Atari and Commodore. I been playing video games from the start in Video arcade Heyday and Pinball machines before video.

Q: What was the first PlayStation video game that you played online? Do you prefer online multiplayer experiences or offline single-player ones?

A: I mostly play single player games. Most of the online games have become PVP online only games something I feel should be an add-on to a full single player or co-op game first. I did really enjoy Defiance online and am playing Need for Speed now. I got my online fix from Warcraft from day one for 8 years. That has ended and I am becoming more open to PlayStation online games.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, JohnKarnes!

Message 63 of 85 (967 Views)
MVP Support
11598 posts

Weekly Highlights (February 2nd to February 8th)

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2014

Weekly Highlights

(February 2nd, 2014 to February 8th, 2014)

Thread of the Week

So everyone hates multiplayer now?

By fede01_8 on 02-06-2014 at 04:03 PM Mountain

How do you feel about multiplayer? Does it always add replay value to a video game? Would you rather not have it?

Post of the Week

State of the Vita Address

By PapaWarlock on 02-06-2014 at 12:35 PM Mountain

What do you think about the PlayStation Vita right now? What do you think could help it sell better in the future?

Poster of the Week

Member Spotlight

(userusb)

A: RPGs are my favourite. Playing a video game with a great story and having my decisions affect the game world is awesome. I can also replay them and have a different experience multiple times.

A: I would have to say that unwrapping my PS3 under the Christmas tree in 2007 is my most memorable PlayStation experience. I wanted to get a PS3 for most of 2007 and to get it with Heavenly Sword, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, and Assassin's Creed was fantastic.

A: Too many! The PlayStation exclusive I'm looking forward to the most is The Order: 1886. The third party title I'm looking forward to the most is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Q: What is your favorite PlayStation trophy? What makes it stand out from the others in your PlayStation Profile?

A: The platinum trophy in Fallout: New Vegas. It took a lot of determination and will-power to deal with the lag.

A: Gameboy Colour. I was 4 and my dad got it for me. I think I played my first video game when I was 3 so I've been gaming for the past 15 years.

A: Call of Duty: World at War. I prefer offline single-player experiences because I play video games for the unique gameplay and story. For the most part, multiplayer becomes boring due to the very repetitive gameplay and there is usually no intriguing story.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, userusb!

Message 64 of 85 (878 Views)
MVP Support
11598 posts

Weekly Highlights (February 9th to February 15th)

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2014

Weekly Highlights

(February 9th, 2014 to February 15th, 2014)

Thread of the Week

Do you support video game HD remakes/remasterings?

By userusb on 02-09-2014 at 03:30 PM Mountain

Do you support remade or re-mastered video games? Where do you draw the line with these?

Post of the Week

Re: The most annoying things in gaming?

By Jdurg on 02-15-2014 at 10:54 PM Mountain

What are some of the things that bother you about gaming? Check out this post for Jdurg’s laundry list.

Poster of the Week

Member Spotlight

(GIRUGUMESH)

A: It's a tie up between Fighting games and rpgs, I pretty much stay within those genres with the exceptions of MGS, AC and Yakuza. Favorite game of all time is Shenmue I. 

A: Ryu Ga Gotoku ISHIN, I'm a long time RGG/Yakuza fan, stems from Shenmue back in the day.

Q: What is your favorite soundtrack from a PlayStation video game? What are some of your favorite tracks from it?

A: The Persona 4 and 3 soundtracks are my favorites, my favorite song from 4 is actually not on the OST, but it's from the Heaven area of the game. 

A: First system I purchased myself was my Dreamcast, been playing games since we got the Atari 2600, didn't get really into gaming until I got Sonic 1 in 1991. 

A: First online was Serious Sam II. I don't prefer online. It's fine that it's in there but I usually ignore the online portion. Fighters are the only exception to the rule or games like Toukiden, MH or Soul Sacrifice has me playing more online. 

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, GIRUGUMESH!

Message 65 of 85 (761 Views)
MVP Support
11598 posts

Weekly Highlights (February 16th to February 22nd)

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2014

Weekly Highlights

(February 16th, 2014 to February 22nd, 2014)

Thread of the Week

Video Games: A Childish Medium?

By ID-69 on 02-20-2014 at 07:32 AM Mountain

Do you think video games are childish? Do you think the video game industry should grow with the community?

Post of the Week

Player Review: MediEvil - Classic Game Throwback

By Venks7 on 02-22-2014 at 09:47 PM Mountain

Check out Venks7’s review for MediEvil, a video game released in 1998. What do you think about this classic?

Poster of the Week

Message 66 of 85 (696 Views)
MVP Support
11598 posts

Weekly Highlights (February 23rd to March 1st)

[ Edited ]
Mar 4, 2014

Weekly Highlights

(February 23rd, 2014 to March1st, 2014)

Thread of the Week

Should the length of a game decide its price?

By bob-maul on 02-26-2014 at 12:44 AM Mountain

Do you measure the quality of a video game by how long it takes to complete? Share your thoughts.

Post of the Week

[REVIEW] Lightning Returns Final Fantasy 13

By FreshRevenge on 02-23-2014 at 04:19 PM Mountain

Check out FreshRevenge’s review for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, a new RPG from Square Enix.

Poster of the Week

Member Spotlight

(tekkn1kal)

A: I've been gaming since the early '80s. I can still remember Frogger as the first game I ever played at around 3 on the PC, and I remember Pitfall and Superman on Atari being some early favorites. My first console was an NES and I had all the accessories -- Powerglove, the light gun, the Power Pad. From there I've owned a SNES, Game Gear, PS2, Dreamcast (RIP Sega!), Xbox, Xbox 360, DS, PSP, Wii, PS3, Vita, several gaming PCs, and finally a PS4. Presently I stick to the PS4, Vita, and my backlog of PS3 and PC games. The 360 and the two case logic cases full of games collect dust alongside the Wii. :smileyhappy:

A: I play pretty much everything -- shooters, action/adventure, rhythm, RPG, racing, fighting, etc. I don't think I really prefer one over any of the others, but the one I can always play no matter what mood I am in is any sports game.

A: Probably playing Heavy Rain. PS3 was more of a "secondary" console for me this past generation, so I didn't get around to Heavy Rain until recently. It sounded like a cool concept to me, but ended up being one of the most intense "real-time" experiences I've had in gaming, short of competitive gaming. My wife and I had a great time playing through and experiencing the thrills the game had to offer.

A: I am drooling over most of the new PS4 titles for 2014. Destiny probably takes the cake, but Division looks amazing, and I am very excited to play whatever Quantic Dream is working on. Can't overlook Driveclub, but I admit that the delays are making it hard for me to keep my excitement going.

A: Probably Quantic Dream. I think they do an amazing job creating such unique, cinematic experiences. I love playing their games from the standpoint that I can't go back and try again if I mess up. They are inherently "easy", but this wrinkle helps to add intensity where other games lack it.

A: As I said earlier, I am a bit of a recent convert, so I don't have an extensive trophy collection, but even if you were combining with my Xbox achievements, the Resogun platinum would be right up there. Some of the achievements in Guitar Hero Metallica would probably be at the top of my gaming history, but Resogun was a blast from start to finish, and more fun than any trophy achievement I've had in a long time.

A: ANY of the Wipeout games! To be honest, my PlayStation history consists of PS4, PS3, and before that pretty much just FF7, Twisted Metal, and all the Wipeout games! I would wager to say that Wipeout probably was what got me in to electronic music some 20 years ago. The best of all of them was the Wipeout 2097 soundtrack, with huge slammers like We Have Explosive (Future Sound of London), Atom Bomb (Fluke), Loops of Fury (Chemical Brothers), and Firestarter (Prodigy). Best soundtrack hands down until the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games started coming out.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, tekkn1kal!

Message 67 of 85 (619 Views)
MVP Support
11598 posts

Weekly Highlights (March 2nd to March 8th)

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2014

Weekly Highlights

(March 2nd, 2014 to March 8th, 2014)

Thread of the Week

[Retro, Underrated, Hidden Gem, & Indie featuring Import Video Games] - Off-Topic Discussion Thread

By younginflavor18 on 03-04-2014 at 03:28 PM Mountain

Do you like retro, underrated, indie, or imported video games? What about hidden gems? Discuss them here!

Post of the Week

Re: Certain Types of "Gamers" Bother Me Sometimes, What About You?

By jgrizzle358 on 03-03-2014 at 06:30 PM Mountain

Do certain types of gamers bother you? Check out this post for the types of gamers that bother jgrizzle358.

Poster of the Week

Member Spotlight

(Fuzzy_Skinner)

A: Role Playing Games. I like all types of games but RPGs have a special place in my heart. Like many I enjoy the storylines, the exploration, the sense of growth and over all epic feel these games have that other genres just don't. Also regardless of the gameplay there is always some form of strategy and resource management require to meet your goals, two things I enjoy.

A: Playing Co-op on Tales of Destiny. Couple years after high school I used to go to a lot of parties with friends. We would often go to the house of my friend's girlfriend. She was quite attractive and I had a crush on her. Anyway, she had a PlayStation in her room and recently got Tales of Destiny and wanted to play co-op with someone. Her boyfriend wasn't really into video games, especially RPGs. She knew I was a gamer so she asked if I wanted to play, and I was ecstatic too since I love RPGs. So for the next couple weeks while everyone was partying we would grind away at ToD ignoring everyone around us. We would high five and hug after major accomplishments as we made our way through the game. Near the end of it we became pretty close, perhaps more than I care to admit here. However once it was over everything went back to normal. This always stuck with me since I'd never had a girlfriend who liked video games before or since, but for a short while it felt like I did even if it was wrong, though it seemed so right.

Q: What is your favorite video game in the Instant Game Collection? Do you subscribe to PlayStation Plus?

A: Yes I'm a Plus member. I'd say X-COM Enemy Unknown, but I bought that game when it launched, so perhaps Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning since I never knew about it until it was free.

A: I believe it's called "Wandar and the Colossus", it's the platinum for Shadow of the Colossus. It stands out because while I have my fair share of Plats, most just require grinding. While SotC required grinding as well, there was a gold trophy you needed on your way to 100% that required you complete the Time Attack mode on Hard. This was quite difficult, especially the 3rd boss. Defeating him and the other more difficult Colossi meant learning new techniques and skills I never had to playing the original game. To me this is what a trophy should be about, pushing players to their limits of what they can do in a game, and beyond.

A: Either Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, or Saint's Row 2. Castlevania games always have amazing music in general. Saint's Row 2 had Lamb of God and Mastodon, enough said.

A: Nintendo Entertainment System, though technically my parents bought it. I've been playing video games since 1986.

A: I believe the game was called Frequency on PS2, though I had played many MP games on PC online before that. I like the idea of MP games in general, but often don't dedicate myself enough to a single game to become good enough to enjoy as much as other people might, so it takes a special MP for me to dig it. Prefer Co-op really. Ultimately single player is always going to be the best though.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, Fuzzy_Skinner!

Message 68 of 85 (546 Views)
MVP Support
11598 posts

Weekly Highlights (March 9th to March 15th)

[ Edited ]
Mar 18, 2014

Weekly Highlights

(March 9th, 2014 to March 15th, 2014)

Thread of the Week

If you were a game developer, what would you make?

By PaperCarrier on 03-09-2014 at 07:11 AM Mountain

What kind of video game would you create if you were a developer? Describe it in this thread!

Post of the Week

What would you call your "guilty pleasure" game?

By TOMBSTONE4U on 03-12-2014 at 02:34 AM Mountain

What is that one video game you play when no one else is around? What is your guilty pleasure?

Poster of the Week

Member Spotlight

(GuitarGuru2012)

A: Becoming Poster of the Week on the Playstation Forums! This is super neato!

A: I have both Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and Infamous: Second Son both paid off. I have a lot of school work to do but these two games will provide needed leisure time in between studying sessions. Two of my favorite PlayStation franchises are releasing within three days of each other. How much sweeter could this be? 

A: I take pride in my Infamous Platinum. Me and my friend worked hard to complete the checklist of tasks Sucker Punch presented. I really appreciated that they didn't make me and my friend go to crazy lengths to have to Platinum. We did it in two play-throughs with only a little bit of trophy mining in the end. The first play-through of Infamous was just as fun as the second, making the Platinum seem like a breeze. No other game has ever given me a Platinum so enjoyably. I have actually avoided other Platinums on purpose in order to keep Infamous on its pedestal. Infamous: Second Son has the Platinum green light. I think I'm ready to give it a go and make Second Son my Second Platinum.

A: I really liked Every Day Shooter. It wasn't that the game had actual songs but the guitar tones that were used created an extremely unique atmosphere. Every landing of a bullet caused a random but in-key tone to sound off and the levels played like a song, starting off slow, and ending with with a melody. I really like games that push the boundaries of interactive music. I love when games let me push a button and go on an audible journey or press a direction and change the musical experience. Everyday Shooter was created by one dude. Imagine the type of musical experience we could create with a multi-million dollar budget! 

A: Sega Genesis. I didn't technically purchase it (first with my own cash was probably GameCube) but gaming for me really started with the Sega Genesis. I remember distinctly trying to decide whether to go N64 or PlayStation One and PlayStation won the battle by having the ultimate version of Mortal Kombat. Been gaming ever since. FFVII and MGS are important acronyms to me and Playstation has kept me entertained all the way up to the 4. Don't see myself stopping gaming any time soon.

A: I type PS Forums into Google to access the website, then I storm the Off-Topic section. I feel like I can really cut loose in that section. People seem pretty open. Then I click on the General section, usually picking up some Playstation news, and seeing the latest gripes and praises of the Ps4. It's entertaining to see people's opinions and passions for the system, while I sit pretty like Switzerland. I like to make my posts digestible, while invoking thoughts and questions within the responses. I try to post in the Support section every now and then but sometimes I just don't feel like I have much to offer, and it also seems to be a lot of First Sons posting there... I've been hitting up the Blacklight Community forum, trying to shake things up over there as well.

A: MORTAL KOMBAT!! I bought the Playstation 2 ethernet adapter so I could play Mortal Kombat online. It was awesome getting to compete against others outside my living room and perform finishing moves on them! I enjoy both experiences equally, online and off. I love when a single player game really immerses me in the story and characters. Plot development and character progression are hard things to master in video games and I really appreciate it when it's done well. Sometimes though, I feel they are trying too hard, so I return to what made me start gaming in the first place: Competition. Nothing offers competition like a good multiplayer game. I'm still waiting for a PlayStation Online game to feel like a community, where I go in a game, and find many people interested in improving their scores and challenging others through focused and strategic play (the mic situation on consoles is a mess). Blacklight and WarFrame have been good for the PS4 and I am definitely glad Warframe is cooperative.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, GuitarGuru2012!

Message 69 of 85 (455 Views)
MVP Support
11598 posts

Weekly Highlights (March 16th to March 22nd)

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2014

Weekly Highlights

(March 16th, 2014 to March 22nd, 2014)

Thread of the Week

The Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Progress Thread

By Weidleface on 03-18-2014 at 08:43 AM Mountain

Are you playing the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster? Join in on this progress thread!  

Post of the Week

10 Tips for New Dark Souls Players

By Fexelea on 03-19-2014 at 07:02 PM Mountain

Did you pick up Dark Souls II? Are you new to the series? Check out these quick tips!

Poster of the Week

Member Spotlight

(ossiecastro5)

A: RPG. It allows me to be myself and to create my own paths.

A: Being in the PlayStation Community. I have never spent so much time before with people as amazing as here and I will continue to do so.

A: Sucker Punch. Not only did they create the Sly Cooper series that I grew up with but they also created the inFAMOUS series that I enjoy so much.

A: I have been a Plus member for almost two years now. My favorite game must be Sleeping Dogs, for it's combat, story, and kareoke.

A: One-Winged Angel - Kingdom Hearts. It stands out because Sephiroth is one of the most memorable and hardest characters in video games, in my opinion.

A: Probably from Kingdom Hearts. I remember going to each place on my PS2 just to listen to the music. Then they created a remastered track for each song for the PS3 edition.

A: The first PlayStation console. That was when I was in elementary school and I have been playing video games ever since.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, ossiecastro5!

Message 70 of 85 (399 Views)