Weekly Highlights [08/03/2014] – [08/09/2014]

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2014

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

[08/03/2014] – [08/09/2014]

THREAD OF THE WEEK

Developers Need to Create New Game Ideas

By PLYMCO_PILGRIM on 08-06-2014

Have you had enough of re-mastered and re-released video games? Would you like new ideas?

POST OF THE WEEK

PS Vita Current Software Line-Up. This is Horrible.

By xymox333 on 08-09-2014

Check out this thread for some discussions about the interactive experiences in video games.

POSTER OF THE WEEK

Congratulations, SHANE523!

Check out some of this user’s posts in the PlayStation General section.

---------- 

MEMBER SPOTLIGHT

[SHANE523]

Q: What is your favorite video game genre? Why is it your favorite?

A: Tough question because I spend a lot of time in different genres. If I would have to say one it would probably be shooter with all of the time I spent on Socom back in the day. I spent a lot of time online with Socom and had some great times with my friends most of which are still together in other shooters over 10 years later. When you play a game like Socom and your adrenaline is going because you are the last man, it really is exciting and rewarding!

Q: What is your most memorable PlayStation experience? Describe it for us!

A: Another tough one because there are so many. There are so many great Socom experiences to recieving my PS3 launch and being at the midnight release for the PS4. I think watching my kids' eyes light up with the full Rock Band kit I got them for Christmas and them taking over the living room playing that for days was fun to see. My son bought his own drum kit because he fell in love with the drums from Rockband. He was never into instruments before that.

With the right group of people any online game can be extremely rewarding. I was lucky enough to find a great group and I cannot count how many times I cried from laughing so hard gaming with these guys. Same group went from Socom to Star Wars Battlefront to COD to BF4 and around again. They have been great and truly a major reason I have had so many great experiences.

Q: Would you rather purchase a physical copy of a video game or a digital one? Why?

A: I prefer physical copy. My connection can handle downloading the larger games but I want the disk available just in case. You never know what might happen, internet outage, server downtime and I don't want to have to redownload something if I delete it to make room for something else.

Q: Who is your favorite video game developer for PlayStation? Why is this developer your favorite?

A: Incognito. When Warhawk was first released for the PS3 the lead was online working with the community working out issues. It was GREAT to see the dev roll up their sleeves and dive right into troubleshoot. I am seeing that with the NOW engineers but rarely do you see devs do this, at least to this level. The fact that that experience stands out 7-8 years later should speak volumes on how appreciative we were as gamers.  It also doesn't hurt that they had Twisted Metal in their titles either.  :smileyhappy:

Q: What was the most challenging PlayStation video game that you ever experienced? Tell us about it!

A: Hmmm.... UC3, Sniper Elite 3 on Authentic, Outlast, Batman Arkham City but I am not a huge button masher fan. I like looking for the Easter Eggs, the side missions and finding everything I can. I also take the challenge of being stealthy when needed, I don't just plow through. Doing that with these games makes it more difficult and time consuming for me.

Q: What is the one platinum trophy that you are proud to have on your PlayStation Profile? What makes it special?

A: Probably NFS Hot Pursuit for the PS3. There were a lot of challenges that you had to do, not just find something hidden behind a box. One of the challenges was getting away from the Police at a warrant level 10 or something crazy like that. When you are jumping up and down, throwing your hands up and contorting your body trying to pull some sick turn at 220MPH it gets pretty special.

Q: What was the very first video game console that you purchased? How long have you been playing video games?

A: The first one that I purchased, not mom or dad, was the original Nintendo. I have been playing video games since Pong. Yeah I am old. :smileysad:

----------

ADDITIONAL HIGHLIGHTS

Weekly Highlights [08/03] - [08/09]

For additional community highlights please visit this week's thread in the PlayStation General section.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 81 of 85 (240 Views)
MVP Support
12476 posts

Weekly Highlights [08/10/2014] – [08/16/2014]

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2014

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

[08/10/2014] – [08/16/2014]

THREAD OF THE WEEK

Is the PS4 all you thought it would be?

By Sweet2525 on 08-10-2014

Are you satisfied with your PlayStation 4? Was it worth the investment? Leave your thoughts!

POST OF THE WEEK

Re: Games that changed the world.

By GrayGargoyle on 08-16-2014

What are some video games you think changed the industry? Check out GrayGargoyle’s selections.

POSTER OF THE WEEK

Congratulations, GamerJon92!

---------- 

MEMBER SPOTLIGHT

[GamerJon92]

A: FPS shooters are my favorite. I love the old classics like DOOM and the competitive side of Battlefield games online.

A: Probably the first time of playing a game online, which was Resistance 2.

Q: Would you rather purchase a physical copy of a video game or a digital one? Why?

A: I like buying physical copies of games because I like adding  to my collection and it's always nice to have a physical copy of your favorite games.

Q: What is your favorite offline PlayStation video game and what is your favorite online one?

A: That would have to be Uncharted and TLOU because they have very gripping stories and characters you care about. Twisted metal is always nice too.

Q: What do you like the most about PlayStation Plus? How did you hear about this service?

A: I love the great discounts and the free games. I heard about it from the PlayStation Store.

Q: What was the most challenging PlayStation video game that you ever experienced? Tell us about it!

A: Probably God of War. Some of the bosses can be challenging. Also, the puzzles.

Q: What was the very first video game console that you purchased? How long have you been playing video games?

A: The first game console I ever had was the NES & SNES. I've been playing games since I was around 3 so 19 years.

----------

ADDITIONAL HIGHLIGHTS

Weekly Highlights [08/10] - [08/16]

For additional community highlights please visit this week's thread in the PlayStation General section.

Message 82 of 85 (209 Views)
MVP Support
12476 posts

Weekly Highlights [08/17/2014] – [08/23/2014]

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2014

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

[08/17/2014] – [08/23/2014]

THREAD OF THE WEEK

EA Access has now created a new problem...

By da1writer on 08-21-2014

What do you think gaming subscriptions like “EA Access” might do to the video game industry?

POST OF THE WEEK

Re: EA Access has now created a new problem...

By DeckardB on 08-22-2014

How much control do you think a company should have over the products that you have purchased from it?

POSTER OF THE WEEK

Congratulations, ShadowCrossXIV!

---------- 

MEMBER SPOTLIGHT

[ShadowCrossXIV]

N/A

----------

ADDITIONAL HIGHLIGHTS

Weekly Highlights [08/17] - [08/23]

Message 83 of 85 (170 Views)
MVP Support
12476 posts

Weekly Highlights [08/24/2014] – [08/30/2014]

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2014

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

[08/24/2014] – [08/30/2014]

THREAD OF THE WEEK

Genre Progression? What genres did you like most and when?

By Na13-31 on 08-30-2014

Have different video game genres appealed to you over time? Do you stick with any of these genres?

POST OF THE WEEK

Do You Value Your Games?

By ossiecastro5 on 08-25-2014

Video games can cost a lot of money (and take a lot of time) to develop. Do you appreciate this?

POSTER OF THE WEEK

Congratulations, Hermaeus_Moron!

---------- 

MEMBER SPOTLIGHT

[Hermaeus_Moron]

A: I love a great variety of genres, but I'd probably have to go with RPGs on this one:  Elder Scrolls tips the scale in their favor for me.  Any open-world game or game with plentiful exploration will grab my attention, though, from Terraria to Far Cry 3.

Q: Which PlayStation video game are you looking forward to the most right now?

A: Although Bloodbourne and Evil Within have caught my eye, the game I want most, without question, is No Man's Sky.  I know the tech will limit how much diversity there will ultimately be in the NMS universe, but even so the thought of nearly limitless exploration makes me giddy.  I'd have considered a PS4 for this game alone.

A: I thought I'd be a physical-copy-for-life kind of guy, but I wound up having no strong feelings about this.  The only time it would matter to me is if I wanted a collector's edition, and there are only two or three series tops I'd buy one of those for.

Q: What do you like the most about PlayStation Plus? How did you hear about this service?

A: Learning about PS Plus was part of my research when I was preparing to jump ship from X360 to PS4.  I prefer that the games are more recent releases, rather than the 'I-already-played-that-years-ago' ones that are generally offered are on Xbox.

A: I've been playing games since the days of Centipede, but I didn't actually purchase a console until SNES, and that was because I'd tried Final Fantasy 2 (IV) elsewhere and was hooked on it.  I've owned at least one console from every major player since.

----------

ADDITIONAL HIGHLIGHTS

Weekly Highlights [08/24] - [08/30]

Message 84 of 85 (135 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12476 posts

Weekly Highlights [08/31/2014] – [09/06/2014]

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2014

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

[08/31/2014] – [09/06/2014]

THREAD OF THE WEEK

Question of the Week 1: "Gamer"

By bob-maul on 09-03-2014

Would you describe yourself as a gamer? What does the term mean to you?

POST OF THE WEEK

Which newer multiplayer games have made you drop the older model?

By GrayGargoyle on 09-01-2014

Has a newer multiplayer title encouraged you to drop an older one? Share your thoughts!

POSTER OF THE WEEK

Congratulations, Ghostwize!

---------- 

MEMBER SPOTLIGHT

[Ghostwize]

A: I suppose it would have to be playing Final Fantasy VII when it came out. There was just nothing ever like it and games like that have a tendency to resonate with folks. 

Q: Which PlayStation video game are you looking forward to the most right now?

A: I would have to say Tales of Zestiria. Even though I have a PS4, my PS3 gets much more attention and I think the Tales series has overtaken Final Fantasy as my favorite series. 

A: I actually like a lot of the indie titles that are given with Plus. Binding of Isaac free in November?! Amazing! :smileytongue: How did I hear about it? I keep up with the gaming scene my friends! :smileytongue:

A: Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls II. More of a war of attrition than a challenge but I relished every minute. :smileyhappy:

A: It was an Intellivision. Google it young uns'! I've been gaming for at least 30 years. :smileyhappy:

----------

ADDITIONAL HIGHLIGHTS

Weekly Highlights [08/31] - [09/06]

Message 85 of 85 (94 Views)