Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

Re: What do you do for a living?

Apr 17, 2013

Videogameaddict2 wrote:

It's a part-time job, but I work at the movie theater near me (I'm always on the floor staff, so I clean auditoriums). Kinda awful because of our boss who screws up in so many ways.

There are plenty of perks to it, such as free movies, free movie posters (If there's enough), and employee showings where I can see a movie before even the midnight people. Saw Django Unchained a day earlier than everyone else thanks to that, and got to see it in the largest auditorium we got, which on opening day, it never got to go into (Because of Les Miserables).

Pretty cool perks i love movie posters

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 41 of 135 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

Videogameaddict2 wrote:

It's a part-time job, but I work at the movie theater near me (I'm always on the floor staff, so I clean auditoriums). Kinda awful because of our boss who screws up in so many ways.

There are plenty of perks to it, such as free movies, free movie posters (If there's enough), and employee showings where I can see a movie before even the midnight people. Saw Django Unchained a day earlier than everyone else thanks to that, and got to see it in the largest auditorium we got, which on opening day, it never got to go into (Because of Les Miserables).

I was an assistant manager / head of projection at a movie theatre, for almost 4 years. I liked being a projectionist.. but I loved going in on Wednesday or Thursday nights and building up the movies (most theatres are digital now. I dealt with actual film.)

I'd then dry-run them after we closed. I got paid to watch movies. That perk and the free posters were great... some of the customers, not so much.

Some days I miss that job... some days.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 42 of 135 (217 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

Apr 18, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Videogameaddict2 wrote:

I was an assistant manager / head of projection at a movie theatre, for almost 4 years. I liked being a projectionist.. but I loved going in on Wednesday or Thursday nights and building up the movies (most theatres are digital now. I dealt with actual film.)

I'd then dry-run them after we closed. I got paid to watch movies. That perk and the free posters were great... some of the customers, not so much.

how old are you chief

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 43 of 135 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2702 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

My job title is "Product Support" for a fitness company.  Basically, I send replacement parts to customers and gyms like 24 Hour Fitness and Golds gym etc.  Sometimes repair broken gym machines.  Usually work 40-60 hours a week, but the days and weeks go by fast lol.

I'm thinking about going back to school for a career in medicine or something.  I wish I could do high school all over again lol.

edit:  I forgot that I used to work for Sony in Rancho Bernardo CA.  It was short-lived and I was straight out of high school.  It had nothing to do with video games but I was in an assembly line building VIAO computers.  The 45 minute freeway drives was hell lol.

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 44 of 135 (207 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Tinys wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

Videogameaddict2 wrote:

how old are you chief

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 45 of 135 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Apr 18, 2013

i have my own little shop and have kept busy for several years doing mostly repairs on Cb/Ham radio equipment but i don't limit it to just that...also do antenna and tower installs and some sub work for local WISP services..

other than that i wire a few houses up from time to time, new and restores...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 46 of 135 (182 Views)
Fender Bender
3240 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Graphic designer, I work at two places, a marketing company and a steel works company.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: Akirasolid Entertainment

Message 47 of 135 (178 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

I'm still in high school, so I don't really count, but my passion (and future career for sure) is making video games.

Message 48 of 135 (174 Views)
Big Daddy
19119 posts

Apr 18, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:
I'm an unemployed college drop out Smiley Sad

How long have you been unemployed?

I have only been unemployed for 2 weeks.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 49 of 135 (160 Views)
Fender Bender
2853 posts

Apr 18, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
Construction, mostly labor work until I learn welding, which is my future career.

Who knows, im in boxing right now and im loving it, maybe ill be a professional boxer sometime in my life, though, I doubt it. I would rather be in MMA than boxing if I had to pick a fight sport for my career..

Boxing, huh? That's something I wanted to get into. Not as a career, but for fitness. Maybe I still will.

Right now I'm unemployeed. Just finished my first schoool year in university. I do need to find work for the summer though. I'm planning on getting a major in computer science and then hopefully get into the games industry. Of course my ideal place of employment would be Naughty Dog or Santa Monica Studios, but who knows if that'll happen.

Message 50 of 135 (147 Views)