Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 05 2013
By: UnrealButcher Uncharted Territory 1508 posts
Accepted Solution

What is the best...

7 replies 111 views Edited Jun 5, 2013

... site to buy 3D Blu Ray movies on? Both price, shipping and trusted. Thanks.

Message 1 of 8 (111 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3449 posts

Re: What is the best...

Jun 5, 2013

Amazon. 

I also get them at Best Buy or Target or Costco. When a new movie first comes out it's usually cheaper at one of these stores. Amazon online otherwise, has worked fine for me.

Message 2 of 8 (104 Views)
MVP Support
8299 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Yep.  Picked up Prometheus, Avatar and Titanic 3D Blu-rays at Amazon for about $10 each when they were on sale.  Right now, you can preorder Star Trek: Into Darkness 3D for about $25 (retail is about $55).

Message 3 of 8 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

Amazon. 

I also get them at Best Buy or Target or Costco. When a new movie first comes out it's usually cheaper at one of these stores. Amazon online otherwise, has worked fine for me.

With Amazon, are there more trusted and less trusted dealers, or do you just grab from where ever is the cheaper price. Or do you just use Paypal or something? I don't do much online shopping unless it's someplace like Best Buy, Newegg, Gamestop, etc...

BBurgSteve wrote:

Yep.  Picked up Prometheus, Avatar and Titanic 3D Blu-rays at Amazon for about $10 each when they were on sale.  Right now, you can preorder Star Trek: Into Darkness 3D for about $25 (retail is about $55).

Yeah, at the Fred Meyer in my area (Oregon coast) all the 3D Blu Rays are $40. Same to you, are there more trusted dealers you use. That's mainly my question, or do you use Paypal as a security measure.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Amazon isn't who you are dealing with when you purchase your item. Right?

Message 4 of 8 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6459 posts

Jun 5, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

Amazon. 

With Amazon, are there more trusted and less trusted dealers, or do you just grab from where ever is the cheaper price. Or do you just use Paypal or something? I don't do much online shopping unless it's someplace like Best Buy, Newegg, Gamestop, etc...

BBurgSteve wrote:

Yeah, at the Fred Meyer in my area (Oregon coast) all the 3D Blu Rays are $40. Same to you, are there more trusted dealers you use. That's mainly my question, or do you use Paypal as a security measure.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Amazon isn't who you are dealing with when you purchase your item. Right?

Amazon is a retailer itself you can purchase all your stuff from them directly, they often have good sales as well, although I don`t buy 3D, I still get my movies on amazon for a discounted price most of the time. The thing you are thinking about is the Amazon Market place, that is where the items are not sold by amazon but other sellers, they don`t have sales and stuff like Amazon, the market place also has a feeback system so you can tell how trustworthy a seller is. The Market place runs though Amazon, but Amazon doesn`t control what people do in it, they do set the shipping prices though. I myself perfer to order directly from Amazon.

Message 5 of 8 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Would I go to Amazon.com to get to the Amazon only area, or would you have a link to that area? Thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 8 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6459 posts

Jun 5, 2013
Amazon.com, when you get to the product page of the item you want, it should be sold by amazon by default, under the instock words, it will say new and used if you click either one of them you will go to the market place. Also on the item page it will say Shipped from and sold by Amazon.
Message 7 of 8 (82 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

I know I said, "Thanks in advance", but I wanted to say thanks for going the extra yard to tell me about how the new and used takes me off of the Amazon only item.

Message 8 of 8 (75 Views)
0 Likes