PlayStation MVP
23666 posts

Re: What is the meaning of life?

Jan 26, 2014

I was going to post the theme from The Meaning of Life, but the mods take issue with some Monty Python material. This is probably the most ... ahem... "Family friendly" clip from the film, that applies to this discussion.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 25 (82 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7294 posts

Jan 26, 2014
To forever browse the Playstation forums.

One might consider it a curse...

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 25 (74 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11379 posts

Jan 26, 2014

Zorrillo90 wrote:

the meaning of life is to find out if there is actually a purpose in the Universe, it's up to humans to take that responsibility or go extinct in the process, thermodynamics laws are there and they aren't here to change just because you get depressed and saying atheists wouldn't care about each other because they don't believe in God, that's false.

Why is it our purpose to find purpose in the universe? Why, like any other creature, is our purpose not just to reproduce and die?

"The business of the industry is business"
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 25 (64 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11379 posts

Jan 26, 2014

buckallmighty wrote:
To contribute to the advancement of knowledge for all of mankind.

That presupposes that the universe is created with us in mind. When, in a naturalistic sense, the universe has no purpose at all. We just happen to inhabit it. So why are we so special?

"The business of the industry is business"
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 25 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jan 26, 2014

Weather there is a God or Not.... Life is Life... Hones Opinion... sometimes I think this Life is not worth having.. so much is Wrong yet people see it happen and they Allow it.. and then they complain about it.... The Faster the world Ends.. The Faster I can reach My Journey........

Ik must of the United states or rest of the world... They think life is Just "Party and fun"..... last night i was on "Live with Ps4".. and i saw 2 couples ... drunk and about to get wild on Cam.... and i said to my self "Is this what the world is coming to... Sexism and Money .." in mY opinion maybe they were having a good time and enjoying their Company to one another But then egain .. if u think right.. u'll see that We are Mindless.. to see what our world has turned into.. some of us see it.. but alot of us don't..... We rather continue with our lifes and Ignore what we have done to our Mother Earth and how Badly Governments are..

Weather ur an Emo or whatever ... life is precious but also damned...
.. sometimes u feel pain u cannot.. get rid off...

In My Opinion ....

It is what it is... The Humans itself Made it so..

Goodday to you all :smileyhappy:

"You can't believe everything on the Internet"-- Kevin Butler
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 25 (59 Views)
0 Likes