I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Re: What mood are you in today?

Jul 12, 2012
im good...lol. my mood is tired. i need more sleep

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 23 (87 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2012

Im feeling great today...  :smileyvery-happy:

Got tomorrow off from work 3 day WEEKEND!!! Whooooohoooo

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 23 (84 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13627 posts

Jul 12, 2012
Despite the fact that its noon...I'm still in the "I need another cup of coffee" mood...
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 23 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Jul 12, 2012

Frustrated at work!

How hard is it to follow simple guideline with images... With step by step instruction on how to complete a process.. And you mess up!??!?!

NEED A PUNCHING BAG!!!!! :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 23 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7239 posts

Jul 14, 2012
Well sad nobody missed me
energy
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 23 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7239 posts

Jul 14, 2012
But happy cause im back from vacation. 😃
energy
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 23 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Jul 14, 2012

bm2919 wrote:
Well sad nobody missed me

I was wondering when you'd come back

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 23 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32597 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2012

D3m0n__89 wrote:

Frustrated at work!

How hard is it to follow simple guideline with images... With step by step instruction on how to complete a process.. And you mess up!??!?!

NEED A PUNCHING BAG!!!!! :smileymad:

When I write instructions like this I put in periodic progress checks.  For instance:

17e.  Now do a directory search for thye file.  It should be at the end of the list. Write the filename here. _______

If the file doesn't exist, this means you didn't complete step 4c like you were supposed to.  Go back to step 4c and repeat the last 3 hours of work.  But this time do what the instructions say, rather than what you think the neighbor's invisible dog told you.

Then when they call in for help, ask them if they performed step 17c.  You will most likely hear "airy" silence because you can't actually hear them nodding their heads on the phone.  This means yes, but their nods are lying to you.  Have them read back to you the filename they wrote in at step 17c.

"Uh..."

Translation: Oh crap he can detet our lies over the phone!

Also if you have control of the source code, make sure to add a few ID-10T errors.  (spells IDIOT).  Reserve these for the most brainless of all user inputs.  Not the usual error checking like someone entering an X into a numeric field.  That could be a simple case of fat-fingering.  No, you need to get really creative and try to come up with the most galactically stupid thing a human being could possibly do, as if on a dare, or intentionally trying to crash the system.  Then put error trapping in and produce the appropriate message.

I've got a perfect example of this too.  One of my friends was writing a program for the disk managers.  He had an option where he could put in wildcard characters to mean "anything" and you could delete all the files that matched the mask.  For instance, if you put ELE********* it would delete elephant, elevator, elocution, etc.  You get the idea.  So I asked him what would happen if some fool entered all wildcards.  Before I could react, he said, "Let's see!"  He quickly entered the wildcards and mashed return, before I could say, "Nooooooooo!"

It came back with an error message saying, "Anyone stupid enough to put all wildcards in a deletion mask has no business at all working in disk management.  You are a complete moron.  Please report to the nearest disintegration chamber immediately."

My friend was on the ball.  He had coded against the possibility of a complete idiot.

What's funnier is how a few months later he got a call from some disk manager.  The guy said, "We don't have any disintegration chambers here.  What should I do?"

True story.  And the rest was facepalm.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 23 (48 Views)
Welcoming Committee
32597 posts

Jul 14, 2012

Oh yeah, mood.  Today I'm in the mood to go swimming at the community pool.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 23 (47 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Im super Happy today! 

I got tomorrow and Friday off (Payday on top of that)

Oh how nice its gonna be to do some rest and relaxation 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 23 (28 Views)
0 Likes