Highlighted
Apr 28 2013
By: itsnotozzyitsozz Uncharted Territory 1468 posts

What's a game that touched your emotions this gen?

34 replies 216 views Edited Apr 28, 2013

Okay...this isn't actually a "whats your favorite" thread, just a quick question for our members.

Games have come a LONG way since way back in the atari and magnavox times. So far, that they've become cinematic art at times. So, this question simply asks:

What's a game this generation(for the PS3)that touched your emotions? I game that made you mad at the villain, and cry at certain parts, or a game with that one moment or OST, that will always have a place in your heart, no matter what games come out in the future?

Now, I am going to list 3, so you guys can choose however many you want. Feel free to post the moment, and why you picked that game, if you wish.

-----

1. Red Dead Redemption - Mainly when you first arrive in mexico, and the song "far away" starts to play as you ride into the sunset of a new country. Remembering all the times you had in the americas, and now to take on mexico like a storm. 

Also, when you face butch, that whole segment, not just the end, i'm talking the whole time you finally track down butch, is just a pure thrilling experience.

and, of course, the ending scene, which I will not post for major spoiler reasons.

--

2. Heavy Rain - Man...this game was amazing, talk about an interactive movie, eh? XD

The main parts that pushed my emotions on edge, was .. well...almost the whole game, really. Even the not so obvious parts, like when you play as the detective(the fat one)who visits that girls house, and has to get the bottler for her baby. That whole thing just seemed so real, and the whole game really drug you into the experience.

------

3. Far Cry 3 - While this game never made me cry, or get angry at any specific character. It did make me literally play the whole thing on the edge of my seat. From the in-game cutscenes, to the gameplay itself, everything was just so right in your face, and extreme. I loved it. One of the BEST game this gen for sure.

------------

I have so many more, but, i'll stop here..

You guys? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 1 of 35 (216 Views)
Wastelander
562 posts

Re: What's a game that touched your emotions this gen?

Apr 28, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:

Okay...this isn't actually a "whats your favorite" thread, just a quick question for our members.

Games have come a LONG way since way back in the atari and magnavox times. So far, that they've become cinematic art at times. So, this question simply asks:

What's a game this generation(for the PS3)that touched your emotions? I game that made you mad at the villain, and cry at certain parts, or a game with that one moment or OST, that will always have a place in your heart, no matter what games come out in the future?

Now, I am going to list 3, so you guys can choose however many you want. Feel free to post the moment, and why you picked that game, if you wish.

-----

1. Red Dead Redemption - Mainly when you first arrive in mexico, and the song "far away" starts to play as you ride into the sunset of a new country. Remembering all the times you had in the americas, and now to take on mexico like a storm. 

Also, when you face butch, that whole segment, not just the end, i'm talking the whole time you finally track down butch, is just a pure thrilling experience.

and, of course, the ending scene, which I will not post for major spoiler reasons.

--

2. Heavy Rain - Man...this game was amazing, talk about an interactive movie, eh? XD

The main parts that pushed my emotions on edge, was .. well...almost the whole game, really. Even the not so obvious parts, like when you play as the detective(the fat one)who visits that girls house, and has to get the bottler for her baby. That whole thing just seemed so real, and the whole game really drug you into the experience.

------

3. Far Cry 3 - While this game never made me cry, or get angry at any specific character. It did make me literally play the whole thing on the edge of my seat. From the in-game cutscenes, to the gameplay itself, everything was just so right in your face, and extreme. I loved it. One of the BEST game this gen for sure.

------------

I have so many more, but, i'll stop here..

You guys? 

If FFX is consider a game of this gen, then I voted for it, I cried during the ending scene.

As for other game, Noooooo, I don't even feel a thing, except for maybe Red Dead when you die as the end.

Message 2 of 35 (211 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13608 posts

Apr 28, 2013

There's probably a lot of games that did, but I can't remember.

One game that comes to mind is the FFXIII series. Hate on FFXIII all you want, I liked the storyline. And FFXIII-2's ending was like, geez.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 35 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20302 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

I'm going to go through a few off of the top of my head that really touched me.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Fallout: New Vegas
Far Cry 3 (which you mentioned)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Infamous 2

Metal Gear Solid 4 was practically the end of Snake's journey, set with great gameplay, amazing (and probably the longest so far) cutscenes, and an amazing story to tie everything together. The ending that gave closure to all of the questions at the end truly made you feel good and gave the player a sense of accomplishment and knowledge, knowing that they finally understand what happened and why it happened.

Fallout: New Vegas is just a great game in and of itself. Set in a post-apocalyptic world, you can decide how New Vegas ultimately ends up being. This game offers an amazing amount of choices and options and gives a unique experience to all possible endings and factions. You gain special bonds with the characters, knowing that they come to trust you. Problem is, it can be a little hard to play through the game again from a different faction and have to kill that person or group. Smiley Frustrated

Far Cry 3 was an epic journey that really set you on edge. A tale of vengeance, you fight your way through pirates and private armies to kill two evil slave leaders. You feel for the characters and end up having to make a choice that really reflects how you see your friends.

Ah, good old Uncharted 2. I have fond memories of this game. Great character development, amazing dynamic levels, all topped off by an amazing story and a stellar Multiplayer that caught everyone by surprise. Naughty Dog really hit a home run with this title and is one of the most epic and touching games I've played. If you haven't played this yet, I highly recommend that you do sometime in the future.

Infamous 2 was a fantastic game. It was a great action adventure about Cole MacGrath, a man given superpowers from a device called the Ray Sphere, and his quest to defeat The Beast, a creature hinted at in Infamous 1. Whether you choose good or evil, you're in for an emotional ride.

*EDIT* Updated with Infamous 2.

Message 4 of 35 (204 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Bioshock: Infinte

Bioshock (good ending)

Dishonored

Spec Ops: The Line

Message 5 of 35 (195 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Apr 28, 2013

a picture is worth a thousand words.

BigBossSalute.jpg

Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 35 (193 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6979 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 29, 2013

Infamous 2 - That one cutscene with Cole and Zeke during the good ending gets me everytime....

Spoiler
damnit

Mass Effect - I swear this series is a masterpiece, from me praying that Garrus would survive that rocket to the face to me restarting from checkpoint everytime Ashley shot Wrex in the back to me romancing no one else but Liara

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 7 of 35 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20302 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

JayJay2515 wrote:

Infamous 2 - That one cutscene with Cole and Zeke during the good ending gets me everytime....

I forgot to mention Infamous 2 in my post. I need to do so...

Infamous 2 was really touching, whether you went good or evil. Both endings gave you some strong feelings, but in different ways. Definitely a fantastic game.

*EDIT* Updated my other post with Infamous 2. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 35 (189 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Apr 28, 2013

JayJay2515 wrote:

Mass Effect - I swear this series is a masterpiece, from me praying that Garrus would survive that rocket to the face to me restarted from checkpoint everytime Ashley shot Wrex in the back to me romancing no one else but Liara

have you done the bad playthrough?

the end of that is full of feels. Smiley Sad

half as long, twice as bright...

Spoiler

Message 9 of 35 (183 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Agree with inFamous 2. The "patron saint" part gives me chills everytime.
Message 10 of 35 (181 Views)
0 Likes