Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Re: What's a game that touched your emotions this gen?

Apr 29, 2013

Off the top of my head, these are the games that pulled at my heartstrings this gen. Some a lot more than others.

Red Dead Redemption

Telltale's The Walking Dead

Tomb Raider

Journey

Batman: Arkham City

Heavy Rain

Metal Gear Solid 4

InFamous 2

Fallout 3

COD: World At War

GTAIV

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 31 of 35 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Its been a while (and I need to replay it again) but yeah, thanks for bringing up Infamous 2...Good Cole FTW

Journey is also an emotional game for me; I've played through many times and every time is different. One time I played with a new player and showed him just about everything I could and he followed unquestionably, until he got hit by those flying monsters near the end ( Smiley Sad ); we finished fine, but I felt so bad for him...what an emotional playthough. And then there are all the other good playthroughs (had one guy draw a couple dozen hearts into the snow at the end lol), but that one stands out...

Believe it or not, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Nothing like the emotions you get from beating each level and boss, and finally platting those games...yeah, it may not be a storyline thing, but dang, they can get you worked up.

Borderlands 2. If you don't have that burning hatred of Jack after that one mission (spoiler, so I'm not saying it. But if you've played it you know which one...) and just want to put aside all the new side-quests and go straight to killing him, something is wrong with you...

I'm putting Okami (HD) up because I only played it a few months ago. I can't remember exactly what it was about that game (too much lol) but what an experience. I really need to find a copy of Okamiden...

Message 32 of 35 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13545 posts

Apr 29, 2013

I'd say Red Dead Redemption. The ending is one of the best I've ever seen in a video game. The whole game is memorable but when John Marsten dies, that I did not see coming. I just cracked open and a beer and said " Good game " .. lol

Message 33 of 35 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1983 posts

Apr 30, 2013

god of war ascension trailer Smiley Embarassed

Photobucket
Message 34 of 35 (53 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Heavy Rain ending.

Message 35 of 35 (43 Views)
0 Likes