Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Re: Who is/was your favorite superhero (DC or Marvel)?

Feb 14, 2011

I know three outta four.  Anyone know the one on the right, in white?  I don't believe I know who that is.

images2.jpg

Message 21 of 48 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1881 posts

Feb 14, 2011

That's Photon, or sometimes goes by Pulsar I guess... She used to be Captain Marvel a number of years ago (like during Secret Wars).  I Wasn't really aware that she was still around until just now.

Message 22 of 48 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3671 posts

Feb 14, 2011

SlipperyJim wrote:

She Hulk gross?  Really? (Btw, that is Megan Fox pictured beside her.  Supposedly, she'll be casted in the movie.)

images.jpg

HAHAHAHA I HAD NO CLUE!    I pictured the hulk with hair!!!

DevilishBoredom wrote:

That's Photon, or sometimes goes by Pulsar I guess... She used to be Captain Marvel a number of years ago (like during Secret Wars).  I Wasn't really aware that she was still around until just now.

Wait, SHE was Captain Marvel at some point?  Women can be Captain Marvel?  Are you sure you didn't mean Ms. Marvel?  I could be wrong cause I don't know much, but I'm just saying. lol

PhotobucketPhotobucket
~ Long Live the Underground ~ PSU: Eric1018 ~
Message 23 of 48 (52 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Feb 14, 2011

I have always been a fan of Wolverine, Gambit, Superman, and Captain America.

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Message 24 of 48 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1881 posts

Feb 14, 2011

ILOVEPLASTATION3 wrote:

DevilishBoredom wrote:

Wait, SHE was Captain Marvel at some point?  Women can be Captain Marvel?  Are you sure you didn't mean Ms. Marvel?  I could be wrong cause I don't know much, but I'm just saying. lol

Yep, back in the 80s when she debuted in Amazing Spider-man she had been known as Captain Marvel, and the name stuck for some time... until (at least) the end of the Secret Wars events... after that I kinda lost track of her.  But yes she was A captain marvel... not to be confused with the normal line of Captain Marvels.  It's kinda like how you end up with a few people sharing names that have nothing to do with one another.

Message 25 of 48 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3671 posts

Feb 14, 2011

DevilishBoredom wrote:

ILOVEPLASTATION3 wrote:

DevilishBoredom wrote:

Yep, back in the 80s when she debuted in Amazing Spider-man she had been known as Captain Marvel, and the name stuck for some time... until (at least) the end of the Secret Wars events... after that I kinda lost track of her.  But yes she was A captain marvel... not to be confused with the normal line of Captain Marvels.  It's kinda like how you end up with a few people sharing names that have nothing to do with one another.

Wow that's pretty cool.  It kinda sucks now that I really haven't read one comic in my life.  I guess it's not too late since I'm 17, but still.

Oh and I've noticed quite a lot of similar names in the comics so they confuse me quite a bit.  Like in DC when there is suppose to be a kid version of a hero (like maybe a relative and whatnot) and then I would discover that the kid and the older hero both have the same names... but look different and are described differently.  Very confusing, at least to me.

What were these Secret Wars though?

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 26 of 48 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3671 posts

Feb 14, 2011

Dark_arc wrote:

I have always been a fan of Wolverine, Gambit, Superman, and Captain America.

Gambit's the magician right?  Sorta like Zatanna for Marvel... and a guy?

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 27 of 48 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1881 posts

Feb 14, 2011

Secret Wars was originally a 12 issue limited series back in the 80s.  it places a bunch of heroes and villains on a far off patchwork planet and had them fight against one another all for the amusement of one known as The Beyonder.  Winner gets whatever wish they desire... but comics being comics... it didn't go down like that and almost all became subject to the will of Dr. Doom... then a couple of years later they had a follow-up aptly named Secret Wars II, which had the Beyonder come to Earth and learn about being mortal... which didn't go that well.

Gambit is a marvel character who has the ability to charge items with kinetic energy and causes things to explode.  He also served as the Horsemen of Death a few years back.  He was initially a "villain" and member of the new Orleans Thieves Guild.  Currently a member of the X-Men (sometimes he goes off and does his own thing for long stretches of time).

Message 28 of 48 (52 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Feb 14, 2011

My favorite superhero hand down would have to be Deadpool. Funny enough he was my dad's favorite too lolDeadpool.jpg

The Big Brain Am Winning Again! I am the greetist! I am now leeving Earth for NO RAISIN!

Message 29 of 48 (52 Views)
Fender Bender
3568 posts

Feb 15, 2011

I like Bat Man when he is depicted as brutal . The story line on some sections of the series isn't to shabby either.

Photobucket
Message 30 of 48 (52 Views)
0 Likes