Mar 31 2013
By: rramsdell Treasure Hunter 5381 posts

Who really understands the meaning of EASTER?

71 replies 158 views Edited Mar 31, 2013

It's NOT all about the bunny!  

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 72 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Re: Who really understands the meaning of EASTER?

Mar 31, 2013

Indeed.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 72 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16526 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Easter is really all about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. And in The Catholic Church, Easter is one of 7 Holy days of Obligation like Christmas (Birth of Jesus Christ), Assumption of the Virgin Mary, Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary, etc.

All the stuff that deals with the Easter Bunny and Easter eggs is nothing more than a tradition that follows the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Have a happy and Holy Easter.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 72 (150 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13627 posts

Mar 31, 2013

rramsdell wrote:

It's NOT all about the bunny!  

You're right. Its about the chocolate, eggs and peeps :cattongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 72 (142 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Mar 31, 2013
I agree with phoenix, and its about making your youngsters happy, letting them find eggs around the house filled with candy, seeing the looks on their faces when they see their baskets and spending time with one another. To some, it's about jesus, I am not religious however, so I stand by my first definition. Same goes for christmas, except instead of eggs, it's presents :smileywink:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 72 (127 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Well the problem I have with the modern interpretations of Easter and Christmas is how the meaning of it is completely changed. When watching TV during one of those holidays, you won't see ONE SINGLE MENTION of Jesus or Christianity in general. They started off as Christian holidays, yet now it's all about gifts, chocolate, bunnies, egg hunts, family, etc. which isn't necessarily bad, but it entirely detracts from the true meaning. That's like having 0 mention of the Independance of the US on July 1st. Would that make any sense?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 72 (123 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Yes, it would make sense in china, since china is not the US, why bring up another state? The US is not a religion, nor is everybody in the US religious, so instead of talking about the official, first meaning of these holidays, and bringing up religion, we talk about what happens on them.

Makes perfect sense. This isn't a christian ruled state...no need to bring up christianity when there are other religions who celebrate other holidays. We talk about presents and family, thats good enough, sometimes talking about religion on national television isn't such a good idea..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 72 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Mar 31, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
Yes, it would make sense in china, since china is not the US, why bring up another state? The US is not a religion, nor is everybody in the US religious, so instead of talking about the official, first meaning of these holidays, and bringing up religion, we talk about what happens on them.

Makes perfect sense. This isn't a christian ruled state...no need to bring up christianity when there are other religions who celebrate other holidays. We talk about presents and family, thats good enough, sometimes talking about religion on national television isn't such a good idea..

I'm using an example bro, in fact I don't even live in the US. And yes, I was referring specifically to the US in terms of July 1st.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 72 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Okay, well the US is a country, so of course on the 1st of july, they are going to mention things about the country you live in. Religion should be kept within a group of people, not shoved down everyones throats on national television(not trying to be rude). Theres just no need for it, I hate how people like to think Christianity is the only religion, and that it's the most elite religion. No, its the most renowned religion, that doesn't mean anything, other than a lot of people know about it. To keep things simple, we just mention presents and candy on holidays, kids don't need to be subjected to christian stories on national television if their parents don't want them to. If you want to learn about that, join a religion and go to church is all i'm saying.

Either way, I call easter rabbit day and christmas gift day anyways.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 72 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16526 posts

Mar 31, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
Okay, well the US is a country, so of course on the 1st of july, they are going to mention things about the country you live in. Religion should be kept within a group of people, not shoved down everyones throats on national television(not trying to be rude). Theres just no need for it, I hate how people like to think Christianity is the only religion, and that it's the most elite religion. No, its the most renowned religion, that doesn't mean anything, other than a lot of people know about it. To keep things simple, we just mention presents and candy on holidays, kids don't need to be subjected to christian stories on national television if their parents don't want them to. If you want to learn about that, join a religion and go to church is all i'm saying.

Either way, I call easter rabbit day and christmas gift day anyways.

If God didn't exist, you wouldn't have Easter or Christmas or St. Valentines day, or St. Patrick's Day.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 72 (105 Views)
0 Likes