Highlighted
Apr 02 2014
By: Grindhead_Jim Treasure Hunter 5477 posts

Why I (and others) may not respond to your thread

24 replies 582 views Edited Apr 2, 2014
  1. You didn't use the search function to find a like-minded thread to contribute to, and preferred to go the easy route and make your own, which shows a lack of respect for the community
  2. The issue you raise applies to you, and you alone
  3. You posted a request for support outside the Support forum
  4. You blame Sony for a third party developers' mistakes
  5. You are not friends with Google
  6. You do not realize that anger is not a motivator for others to help you

and, finally,

7.  You just weren't polite, respectful, and a decent human being.  That's all it takes to be liked around these parts, and it isn't difficult.  Try it.

I'm making this post with serious point, but in a tongue-in-cheek way ti illustrate something.  I stayed away from posting a lot on the forums for the last couple weeks as an experiment.  I wanted to see how the forums read when I wasn't actively participating, and I could maintain some degree of distance.  What I found was that people are more self-absorbed and impatient than ever. It truly makes my heart sad to see that.  

The only way we are going to see change is one post at a time.  

Grindhead_Jim

Message 1 of 25 (582 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Re: Why I (and others) may not respond to your thread

Apr 2, 2014

Interesting. I only don't respond to threads if I cannot give an answer, if I have no knowledge on the given question.

Message 2 of 25 (577 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1650 posts

Apr 2, 2014

I can honestly say I have been doing this for awhile now and not only does it show you things, it also takes the fustration off of you to just ignore them and move on. The only time I reply in one of those theads, is if there is a misunderstanding and such, but half the time they just ignore you and keep spouting off with what they are angry about.

Message 3 of 25 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Apr 2, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Interesting. I only don't respond to threads if I cannot give an answer, if I have no knowledge on the given question.

Well, my point was to illustrate that people on both sides of every thread need to take a step back and look at what they are saying, and ask if that is fostering community at all.  No, we can't all be Ghandi 100% of the time, but some of us (and I have been guilty of this, too) just are... mean.  Some newcomers could stand some common sense or search engine skills, sure, but, tolerance works both ways. Smiley Happy

Grindhead_Jim

Message 4 of 25 (556 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2014

Grindhead_Jim wrote:
You are not friends with Google

I think THIS^ is the main reason lol

There are so many question-posts that can easily be googled like "How do I find treasures in Uncharted?" "At what Level can you get *insert item, collectible, unlockable*?" "Why can't the PS4 *insert function, desired function, game that would not be under PS*?" "Why is Ezio not in AC3-4?" *me:facepalm* Smiley Tongue lol

Also other times, as Ossie said, I would not know how to answer said question "I get Error OVER 9000! when I play COD" etc etc haha

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 25 (554 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2014
I agree @ossiecastro5 i read a lot of post but i reply very little as either the topic was already beat to death by others or i have zero knowledge of what the poster has asked. I don't like people the post just to get there post count up. It's dumb and should not be rewarded.
Message 6 of 25 (552 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13312 posts

Apr 2, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

That's me as well, ossie.

@ Grindhead_Jim: I'm glad you took the time to make this thread, good way of putting some of the more relavent and common issues/situations out there.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 7 of 25 (540 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13099 posts

Apr 2, 2014

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Well, my point was to illustrate that people on both sides of every thread need to take a step back and look at what they are saying, and ask if that is fostering community at all.  No, we can't all be Ghandi 100% of the time, but some of us (and I have been guilty of this, too) just are... mean.  Some newcomers could stand some common sense or search engine skills, sure, but, tolerance works both ways. Smiley Happy

That would be me...sometimes... I can be nice Smiley Mad

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 8 of 25 (497 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Apr 2, 2014

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

No, we can't all be Ghandi 100% of the time, but some of us (and I have been guilty of this, too) just are... mean.  Some newcomers could stand some common sense or search engine skills, sure, but, tolerance works both ways. Smiley Happy

That would be me...sometimes... I can be nice Smiley Mad

Yes.  Yes, you can. Smiley Happy

Grindhead_Jim

Message 9 of 25 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Apr 2, 2014
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B9q2jNjOPdk

Somebody needs to make a video like this classic right here. This is for Steam but can really apply to any forum.
Message 10 of 25 (479 Views)