May 31 2014
By: xGaMeRx99z I Only Post Everything 999 posts

Why do people speak of CoD BO so positively?

8 replies 85 views Edited May 31, 2014

It really baffles me because the story was completely 100% a cliche that's been done before. The "twist" ending was obvious 1-2 hours before you got to it, and for a 6-8 hour game 1-2 is alot.

Then the MP was terrible. It had 1 'good' map (Nuketown) 2 'ok' maps (that I can't even remember the names of) and the rest were crap...

Zombie mode is really bad too (and I <3 zombies), its repetitive and gets mindless. Plus there are like a billion waves on each map, so you would have to play for 8 hours straight (with 3 other people as well) just to beat it...

People act like it's perfect, but I don't see it. In my opinion, it's predecessors CoD 4 & CoD MW2 were better in every way, and they were the last playable CoDs.

Can someone please explain to me what makes it so great?

Rules & Guidelines Contact PlayStation Support | Need Help? PM Me

If you want to add me on PSN, please say in the request that you're from the PS forum.

Message 1 of 9 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Re: Why do people speak of CoD BO so positively?

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2014

I liked most of the maps in it. Treyarch simply makes the best CoD games. I liked World at War, BO, and I bet I will like next year's CoD. 

The MW series got stale. BO went with the Vietnam War which few games have ever tried. I don't remember most of the map names as it has been a couple years, but I only really "hated" Array.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 2 of 9 (82 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13564 posts

May 31, 2014

I find the Treyarch COD games to be more fun than the IW ones.

They're more gun focused and less killstreak focused.

They also move along at a nicer pace. MW2 and Ghosts feel very "fast paced" compared to BO and BO2.

And at least the TreyArch games HAVE zombies. Other than Ghosts, the previous IW COD games just had that stupid Spec Ops stuff.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 9 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3395 posts

May 31, 2014
I always hoped CoD would be counter strike, and it never filled the void.

I think the games are fine though, it's the community that sucks. Haven't played them in a while though. The next one for PS4 might get a shot though.
guitar guru 2012
Message 4 of 9 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

May 31, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

I find the Treyarch COD games to be more fun than the IW ones.

They're more gun focused and less killstreak focused.

They also move along at a nicer pace. MW2 and Ghosts feel very "fast paced" compared to BO and BO2.

And at least the TreyArch games HAVE zombies. Other than Ghosts, the previous IW COD games just had that stupid Spec Ops stuff.

Also, the maps in BO are sized better and organized as opposed to Ghosts large, empty, and convoluted map design.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 5 of 9 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8176 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2014

I actually found the plot of CoD:BO and BO2 interesting compared to most FPS games (I am looking at you, Battlefield). And the Zombies Co-Op actually helped in that regard.

I haven't played the MW Saga so I can't really tell what's the story like for those, but I did play Ghosts which I also enjoyed because the writing was decent (again, compared to most shooters).

Message 6 of 9 (62 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13564 posts

May 31, 2014

Doppelgangergang wrote:

I actually found the plot of CoD:BO and BO2 interesting compared to most FPS games (I am looking at you, Battlefield). And the Zombies Co-Op actually helped in that regard.

I haven't played the MW Saga so I can't really tell what's the story like for those, but I did play Ghosts which I also enjoyed because the writing was decent (again, compared to most shooters).

People always knock the COD campaigns, but I always find them rather enjoyable.

Better than stuff like Battllefield, that's for sure. While BF3 and BF4 had nice mulitplayer, the campaigns were just....bleh

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 9 (55 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
999 posts

May 31, 2014

To the 2 or 3 of you that said this, is it really a compliment that the only thing you could say positively about CoD campaigns is "well, it's better than BF campaigns..."?

You say how terrible the BF campaigns are, then say CoD is better as if BF is the benchmark for a good FPS campaign.

I would say chemotherapy is better than dying of cancer, but chemo still sucks.

I will say that TreyArch is much better at weapons balancing then IW is.

My biggest question is why people talk about the campaign as if it was perfect... Everything "twist" was predictable. If I was young or that was my first CoD, I probably would have loved it, but I just didn't see anything new or innovative with BO.

If you want to add me on PSN, please say in the request that you're from the PS forum.

Message 8 of 9 (49 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
999 posts

May 31, 2014

^^^Wow, my phone really botched that...

It literally moved sentences around...

Message 9 of 9 (48 Views)
0 Likes