Highlighted
Nov 22 2012
By: Black_Dolphin317 Monster Hunter 33 posts

Why the Rush to Beat a Game?

32 replies 432 views Edited Nov 22, 2012

I ve noticed everytime I get a new game and I talk about the progress there is always someone who chime's in on how they beat the game in 3 days.   Why not savior the moment and enjoy?  My take on it is these developers sometimes take months in cases years; what is the rush?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 33 (432 Views)
Wastelander
759 posts

Re: Why the Rush to Beat a Game?

Nov 22, 2012
To get to the next game.....
Photobucket
Message 2 of 33 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Nov 22, 2012

People want to show off/brag about it, obviously, i hate that.

Message 3 of 33 (426 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
9475 posts

Nov 22, 2012

To me, rushing to beat a game is the same as fast-forwarding through a movie to get to the end. If a game or a movie is good, then I am in no hurry to get to the end of it.

tumblr_m99235iwnB1qldt8eo1_500.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 4 of 33 (421 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Nov 22, 2012

I don't know if they are actually rushing. If I've been looking forward to a game and am really enjoying it I just can't stop playing. It's not rushing it's just getting caught up in the story and enjoying it. The story doesn't last as long as my enthuiasm usually.

Message 5 of 33 (407 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Nov 22, 2012
I think it's that sometimes you just can't put a game down. A friend of mine played CoD: BO2 for a whole night when he bought it, but he wasn't rushing through the game.
Message 6 of 33 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Nov 23, 2012
I've played Dark Souls for almost 140 hours. Haven't beaten it yet.

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Message 7 of 33 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Nov 23, 2012

I don't beat games.   i finish programs.

Message 8 of 33 (379 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Lol im into 120 hours into dark souls and thats probably half the game ive played.  Within the year ive had it. 

Due to its difficulty it gets put on ignored for awhile but yet i keep returning. As any good game should have one returning for a reason or so. now with dark souls its also a bit different. Its a love it hate it kind of experience. But every step within that world is a step that makes one pause and appreciate the realization of the world and time and effort as well as the love the creators developed for us. Much like many other games. 

Due to ps home i hardly play much anymore. But when it comes to playing games. especially if one enjoys the experience, each moment should be appreciated and the love for such a game should be worthy of spending enough time to cherish Those moments.  Take in all the hard work that was put into such title and breathing it all in.  

Games are experiences. Experiences arent meant to be rushed. 

- Restless Dreams.
Message 9 of 33 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

First, since the game isn't in competition with you, why are you trying to beat it?  Second, if you spent the full price for the title ($59.95, plus, whatever sales taxes you've paid), why are you in a rush to beat it?  The developers supposedly pride themselves on putting a lot effort into making their programs/games a, 'challenging' experience for you.  Only to have their product wind up in the hands of a 'competition-obsessed' GAMER,who's totally focused on 'merely rushing to beat the game', in the shortest time possible.  And, the irony of it is, these competition-obsessed gamers, are who the industry pays all of the attention to, as the developers, work even harder to make these programs even more difficult to complete.  Is anyone, besides me, seeing a senseless cycle of repition, here?  The programs of today are are like a movie production, the interactive environments are as close as we'll get to a ST:TNG/DS9/Voyager holodeck experience, without the actual room, or the starship to go with it.  Now with all of that in mind, why does anyone want to throw all of that away by rushing through it?

Message 10 of 33 (369 Views)
0 Likes