NES_farcry3.JPG

The console can not support modern games.  Thus several next-gen games such as:

Hitman
Devil May Cry
The great battles of World War 2
F1 race stars
Farcry 3
Metal Gear Rising

which are coming to Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, are being passed up on Wii U.  Farcry 2 was radically decreased in scope to fit on Wii - that was amazing enough.  But they won't pull that off with Farcry 3. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (249 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Wii U fail - doesn't support modern games

Jan 15, 2013
What is it with you and these anti-WiiU posts?

I am sure that many developers are taking a wait and see approach (just like with the Vita). Unless it is easy to accomplish, I doubt that many companies are going to spend a lot of time making WiiU games with a fairly small install base.

Personally I purchase Nintendo products to play Nintendo games. If Nintendo can make a Zelda game with the fidelity of that tech demo they showed at E3, I will probably buy one...
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (243 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14240 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I get it now. He represents Sony's attempts to subvert the forum population with a campaign of black propaganda. It's all so clear!

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (241 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5258 posts

Jan 16, 2013
Most of those games might be available to the WiiU at a later date.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

The Wii U is more than capable of running said games, as I believe it is slightly more powerful then the PS3. I think the reason they aren't on Wii U is because they started development before the developers got their hands on a dev-kit. We'll have to wait and see if it can handle PS4/720 games however.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (176 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 17, 2013

SmokexFFx wrote:

The Wii U is more than capable of running said games, as I believe it is slightly more powerful then the PS3. I think the reason they aren't on Wii U is because they started development before the developers got their hands on a dev-kit. We'll have to wait and see if it can handle PS4/720 games however.

One would think that the WiiU would be at least on par with the X360 & PS3. Nintendo not releasing any official specs didn't help matters. 

However someone did some testing at found that this system is less powerful: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/142002-wii-u-cpu-and-gpu-clock-speeds-revealed-not-the-end-of-the-...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

SmokexFFx wrote:

One would think that the WiiU would be at least on par with the X360 & PS3. Nintendo not releasing any official specs didn't help matters. 

However someone did some testing at found that this system is less powerful: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/142002-wii-u-cpu-and-gpu-clock-speeds-revealed-not-the-end-of-the-...

I thought all that was found is that it had a lower clock speed. Regardless, it's basically on par with PS3/360, and reproducing those games would be no hard task.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (170 Views)
0 Likes