8383 posts

Re: Xbox One Special Edition

May 23, 2013

bronxsushi wrote:

yaheard2008ep wrote:

Pankcakes or Eggs anyone? Xbox.png

Xbox One stole that idea from PS3 :smileywink:

medium_ps3grillreal.jpg

Both of these are made of win :smileywink:. Talk about a good, well balanced breakfast :smileyhappy:.

Please use plain text.
Message 441 of 539 (728 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31942 posts

Re: Xbox One Discussion

May 23, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
I think this is their way of just saying their hardware is par/can be better than the PS4 despite people who know tech saying otherwise from what's known. MS is pushing this whole cloud thing as the equalizer for the hardware differences. General public would know no better and eat up this PR/marketing talk.

Oh, and yes, that's the PS4 that has access to Gaikai which Sony just bought. It just seems if it is at all possible, Sony could do the same and have a cloud bonus added to their hardware. GAF is having a field day though with all this MS news. The cloud reasoning MS is giving, they're saying it's the same BS as what EA pushed with SimCity.

MS would have been wise to showcase this or even do so at E3 but still, if my connection drops, does AI and such take a massive hit? Showcase the power if the cloud instead of just talking about it a much as you are.

the thing that confuses me is how will the cloud improve performance? isnt most of the hardware limited to physical needs? i mean you cant digitaly upgrade ram and such.

Please use plain text.
Message 442 of 539 (725 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

May 23, 2013
Isn't it just processing power though? Less for the actual hardware itself to handle and freeing it up to do more in combination with cloud processing (AI, physics, etc.)? I'm not a hardware/tech person but GAF is shooting down what MS is saying or saying its not feasible in the next decade (internet isn't where it needs to be to be reasonable/standard the way MS wants it, same reason all digital doesn't work for many in downloading 25+GB games due to speed and caps)/being used in the way MS is saying in making games better in that way. And some are asking why not just do this with the 360 and capitalize on the userbase already established?

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 443 of 539 (719 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2311 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

OPPinoy wrote:

I don't think a gif of someone throwing a dog out of a moving vehicle is funny nor appropriate.

The dog jumped on his own.

Anyways, the whole reveal was weak. But I'll really reserve judgement until E3.

mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 444 of 539 (697 Views)
Welcoming Committee
8383 posts

May 24, 2013
Hopefully the reveal at E3 will go better than the one that happened recently. Same here. That's when they'll (at least for the most part) be revealing the big guns and more info about the new systems themselves.
Please use plain text.
Message 445 of 539 (665 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2189 posts

Why is the Xbox one so bad?

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013
The bad qualities:
Must pay extra to play used games. Maybe retail price
Have to connect to internet at least once a day
Indie companies cant self publish games
Has to be connected to Kinect
Cant use an old headset
Have to install every game. You finally get a game you have been waiting for for a very long time. Your super excited, pop it in your xbox one and now you have to install it. Cant play it for at least another hour
Its big, bulky and doesnt look good.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Your true face... What kind of... Face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?..." Majora's Mask

ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Winning the very first tournament in Playstation Allstars with Ginta2468. Me being Spike Ginta being Sackboy.
Please use plain text.
Message 446 of 539 (6,742 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11069 posts

Re: Why is the Xbox one so bad?

May 24, 2013
The install game thing also happens on PS3. :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 447 of 539 (6,703 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28320 posts

May 24, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 448 of 539 (6,631 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4890 posts

May 24, 2013
How do we know Playstation 4 won't do the same?
 photo enemy_zpsb0542811.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 449 of 539 (6,631 Views)
VP of Gaming
29276 posts

May 24, 2013

the fact that it will need internet connection every 24 hours is insane. what will happen if it will not be connected to the internet after a few days? i wont be able to play a game even singleplayer? rediculous

Please use plain text.
Message 450 of 539 (6,479 Views)
0 Likes