Highlighted
MVP Support
11799 posts

Re: Xbox One Discussion

May 26, 2013
Saw that one recently. It's priceless Smiley Very Happy. It had to take quite a bit of time for the person to make that.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 501 of 539 (255 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 26, 2013

Personally I don't think that the Xbox One will be any much greater than the PS4 but during the reveal, I kept on hearing the word "TV" instead of "Gaming" because last time I checked the reason the started the whole "Xbox" and "Console" franchise it was all based on gaming but I guess the Xbox One will be taking a long nap from gaming and will be more on TV. Also I really dislike the design for the Xbox One and also it's controller, it just does not look that great anymore...

Message 502 of 539 (224 Views)
MVP Support
11799 posts

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2013

Yea it certainly appears like that to me as well. It was rather odd for them to have it be not as gaming based as past systems were. I wonder what audience studies they were doing in order to come up with the new system that they've come up with now? I'm honestly curious about it. If so much of the fanbase is more tv based than gaming based for it now or something...

By the way, welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 503 of 539 (219 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41867 posts

May 26, 2013
There were talks way back when MS was first entering the console business that the reason they were doing so was to lay the groundwork for being the center if the living room *AND* to keep Sony at bay from getting that spot. Fast forward to now and the players they're concerned about are Apple & Google. MS has it rough with them in the smartphone arena so from first impressions, it looks like the execs went ahead and decided to leverage (heavily) the Xbox brand in the home theatre arena right now before those 2 get their solid foothold (Apple TV and whatever Google has).

Most people who believed the 'center of the living room' thing expected it to happen eventually and have been worried about it happening going into next gen given MS's focus the past few years at E3 (apps and the like). It's not a problem as long as gaming remains the center focus of the brand, which seems to be what Sony is doing: games front and center (PlayStation) and leveraging the other stuff simply as features (playing movies, access to your social stuff, etc.). As long as there is a nice, strong, steady focus on games, I have no complaints. This is why MS is getting the backlash they are after the reveal (+ the DRM/always online stuff) as they for the most part overlooked the games (yeah, yeah, they keep saying wait for E3).

Message 504 of 539 (207 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
34049 posts

May 26, 2013

SaintsR31117 wrote:

Personally I don't think that the Xbox One will be any much greater than the PS4 but during the reveal, I kept on hearing the word "TV" instead of "Gaming" because last time I checked the reason the started the whole "Xbox" and "Console" franchise it was all based on gaming but I guess the Xbox One will be taking a long nap from gaming and will be more on TV. Also I really dislike the design for the Xbox One and also it's controller, it just does not look that great anymore...

MS has refered to the Xbox One as a "premium entertainment system" on a few occasions now. i think they are going thr route Sony temporarily did with the PS3 by marketing it as the center of home entertainment; movies, music, games, etc. except MS seems to have forgoten about the 'games'.

Message 505 of 539 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

May 26, 2013

I thought I'd contribute to this thread with this new article showing Microsoft digging themselves into an even deeper hole.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Microsoft-Blames-Gaming-Media-Xbox-One-Consumer-Rage-56056.html

Apparently they're blaming the media for all the negativity surrounding their new console.Ridiculous Microsoft...... lol

Message 506 of 539 (189 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
34049 posts

May 26, 2013

GameGal123 wrote:

I thought I'd contribute to this thread with this new article showing Microsoft digging themselves into an even deeper hole.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Microsoft-Blames-Gaming-Media-Xbox-One-Consumer-Rage-56056.html

Apparently they're blaming the media for all the negativity surrounding their new console.Ridiculous Microsoft...... lol

funny, ive hardly read into what the media thinks about the Xbox One. only things ive read are reports on the system, its features and what MS has said. Smiley Very Happy

Message 507 of 539 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

May 26, 2013

I haven't been reading many articles,either.But I have been glued to the XBOX forums.It's amazing how many people are jumping ship.It's almost hilarious,really.lol

Message 508 of 539 (173 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
34049 posts

May 26, 2013

id love to get an inside look at the Xbox offices and see whats going on there. Smiley Very Happy

Message 509 of 539 (169 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1208 posts

May 26, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

id love to get an inside look at the Xbox offices and see whats going on there. Smiley Very Happy

Wouldn't we all. Smiley Very Happy

Message 510 of 539 (284 Views)
0 Likes