Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Re: Xbox One Trolls on PS Forums and Internet Gaming sites

Jun 3, 2013

Every major console generation has had fanboys. You were either a PC or Atari gamer; Nintendo or Sega gamer; A Nintendo or Sony gamer; A Microsoft or Sony gamer -- just to put down a few examples -- and it will continue in future generations, I'm sure.

My brother and I were just talking about this on the phone last night. We've never really been "fanboys."

We've always been multi-console gamers, ever since we were kids. Sure, we have had our preferences in the past and present.

For example, I prefer my PS3 over my 360, he prefers his 360 over his PS3. But, we usually will buy/play other consoles (if they have something to offer us.)

PS4 is the first "next gen" console I plan on purchasing, but I still am looking forward to what Microsoft might have hidden up their sleeve at E3. I don't know when I'll get an Xbox One, but eventually I will -- if they have something that entices me.

Trolls will be trolls, fanboys will be fanboys. Forgive them, for they do not know what they are missing -- Great games.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 11 of 27 (395 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I've seen a couple threads on Reddit that reeked of a Microsoft employee trying to put a positive spin on the Xbox One reveal. It was either that, or someone who is so blindly engulfed in their own loyalty to the Xbox brand that they were oblivious to how badly MS screwed the pooch.

I'm trying to stay away from the flame wars, as much fun as it was after the X1 was revealed. I'm just presenting the facts that I know when I talk to others about the consoles, and most of my friends seem genuinely interested in making their way back to the PlayStation family after going with the 360 this gen. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 27 (381 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Jun 3, 2013

That seems highly unlikeable to happen. Maybe by Microsoft's fan base, but not by Microsoft theirselves.

Message 13 of 27 (366 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Jun 3, 2013
When I consider buying a new video game console, I look at a lot of different things. I look at the new features of the system, the hardware capabilities, how much impact the new features will have on the hardware while playing games, my personal experiences with the company (if it had a console in the previous generation), the game library, and of the price. In the current generation, the PS3 was worth it to me to buy it at the original asking price. I had used the original Xbox before, and the thing literally caught fire right out of the box. Microsoft claimed that it was not a defective system. It took me over a year after I had gotten my PS3 to get my Xbox 360, and that was mainly for Halo 3, which I played originally for a college project (I was going to college for video game programming). After 90 days of cross platform testing and trying the few exclusive titles on the 360 at the time, my 360 ended up being used only for Halo 3. Once I got tired of Halo, I sold the system and cancelled my XBL account. A year after I cancelled the XBL account, I got billed by MS and they refused to give me a refund.

Now, years later, I am still playing PS3 pretty much every day. I love the extensive exclusive list, the ability to continue playing my PS1 games, and the free online. My PS+ subscription has been an extremely good investment, as I have gotten a ton of games for free that have mostly been extremely fun. These experiences, plus the 17 years of unending excellent experiences will keep me with Playstation.

I wouldn't consider myself to be a fanboy, but I am very supportive of the Playstation brand, and will continue to show my support through purchasing the PS4, keeping my PS+ membership, and buying games on PSN.
My PSN
Message 14 of 27 (361 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 4, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

Well everyone knows the reveal was not what M$ had hoped.

We have M$ fans wanting to jump ship and find salvation with the PS4.

This has scared M$, how do we stop or atleast slow this snowball of bad news?

I don't think even if M$ releases 15 or 20 exclusive titles it will erase the damage done.

So now they have 1 choice as I see it. They can't erase the negative publicity from there release failures.

They have to attack the other system that they are competing against the PS4.

M$ probably knows better than anyone the power of the internet. They are and will start to worm websites

to take some light off their downfalls. I was on 1 website where people were  complaining about the

new share button interfering with their possible gaming experience. Any kind of negative seeds they can plant

they will regardless of fact or not. The M$ army is planning now and will be implementing this strategy in full force.

Through the years:Atari 2600 , Nintendo, Sega Genesis, PS1 (2), PS2 (2), PS3  (2), PSP, PS VITA

Says the guy whos only been on this forum for 2 weeks.... roughly the same amount of time the Xbox One's announcement was made...

Furiously Chaosing
Message 15 of 27 (341 Views)
MVP Support
13877 posts

Jun 4, 2013

zack2091 wrote:

JuanMdP wrote:
You guys must have very empty lives if you get so obsessed about consoles and the companies behind them~.

Soooo true.

I play video games for fun , I don't care about M$ or sony , I don't care who win or lose, heck I didn't even waste my time before to see that E3 thing lol, this time is the first time in my life that I will see E3 , to see if it worth to keep my vita or no. I only care about the system I have now and what games I can play on it , if it don't give me what I want , I sell it and buy different one.

And I really don't understand this, if M$ blocked used games or they want you to pay a fee or whatever , simply no one buy it for that reason and see how M$ will rethink about used games, the problem here we have the fans lol they will go and buy it day 1, despite they don't like that used games fee , they buy it day 1 just to say yay we are loyal to M$, same thing for sony and sony's fans lol.

No one will die if you didn't buy ps4 or xbox1 from day 1 lol , and the games will not run away .

I remember long time ago , games were only about having fun and spend good times with your friends and your family , now video games are only about making more mony for the companies, like M$ and Sony , they don't care if you enjoyed that game or no , they only care about your money, if no one buy their gaming products they will rethink about how to run their gaming systems and gaming services again to make it match what the people want.

Nice post Smiley Happy. That's how I feel about it as well to a point. For the first time, I'm actually really interested in seeing how E3 will turn out this year. Hopefully Sony will do a good job in terms of presenting the PS4, and I'm curious to see what MS will do in terms of trying to dig their way out of the hole that they've dug in terms of the Xbox One so far.

Yep. Mainly doing that to see how things will go in terms of working bugs and errors in it and waiting for the price to come down.

Agreed. It's getting more and more... about the companies making money, and less about the gamers sadly Smiley Sad. And it's a real shame. Hopefully they will, or else it'll affect their bottom line.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 16 of 27 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013
He sells sea shells down by the sea shore haha. Now everyone has gotten everything off there chest ,....... Flame on .... Smiley Happy
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 17 of 27 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Really? Who cares be a gamer, not a fanboy, PS has shown us nothing but a controller, let's wait before we pass judgement.
XBOX LIVE GT: olLANDSHARKlo
STEAM: olLANDSHARKlo
Message 18 of 27 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Jun 4, 2013

deaofly wrote:
He sells sea shells down by the sea shore haha. Now everyone has gotten everything off there chest ,....... Flame on .... Smiley Happy

lol

Message 19 of 27 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
22 posts

Jun 4, 2013

xbox one lol.jpg

Message 20 of 27 (284 Views)