Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 23 2013
By: Alluboy_ Fender Bender 3529 posts

Your Latest Game Purchase And Thoughts About It

[ Edited ]
67 replies 417 views Edited Aug 27, 2013

Uncharted probably isn't the only series everybody plays here. So I thought about making this thread where we can discuss other games you've recently bought / played and tell your thoughts about them. The game doesn't have to be recently released,  it can be any game you've bought, be it a just released one, or a few years old.

I finished Shining Force II yesterday and I freaking love that game.. characters (I do like the ones in first SF more though, like Zylo, Bleu :smileytongue: ), story, everything. I didn't spend much time leveling my characters either, so it was very challenging too.

I recently started playing Fallout 2 too. Another game I just LOVE! Probably finished at least 3 times and it never gets boring. Currently I'm not very far yet, just in Den. I always make my character really diplomatic with high charisma and intelligence, and talk my way out of everything. I want to be nice guy. :]

Message 1 of 68 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3538 posts

Re: Your latest game purchase and thoughts about it

Jan 23, 2013

Killzone 2, 3 and 'eavy Rain at Xmas.

KZ2: It's true, it is pretty hard to get used to, but I think it was worth it

KZ3: Much easier aiming. I like the darkness (environment) of no.2 a bit more tho, as well as the difficulty of no. 2

The two are very fun to play, it just feels fun shooting and stabbing stuff in these games. I like how KZ2 is actually difficult. 

Heavy Rain: INtrigued so far, but I can't load Hassan's shop chapter. /durr.

I haven't even got very far in, so I don't have a lot of thoughts.

Will try to re-d/l patch data and stuff to fix the problem.

Do you feel me?

Message 2 of 68 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3529 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

duke_of_platypus wrote:

KZ3: Much easier aiming. I like the darkness (environment) of no.2 a bit more tho, as well as the difficulty of no. 2

The two are very fun to play, it just feels fun shooting and stabbing stuff in these games. I like how KZ2 is actually difficult. 

Heavy Rain: INtrigued so far, but I can't load Hassan's shop chapter. /durr.

I haven't even got very far in, so I don't have a lot of thoughts.

Will try to re-d/l patch data and stuff to fix the problem.

I remember borrowing KZ2 from a friend of mine few years ago. Oh man, I hated the controls, but I still managed to beat the game. KZ3 on the other hand (I bought the MP from the Store a year or two ago) felt MUCH better. Haven't played it in a while though.

Heavy Rain is a great game! Maybe I'll ask my bro to bring it once he comes visit me during the weekend, and replay it.

Message 3 of 68 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1391 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I also bought Heavy Rain recently; I haven't played it too much, but it's an interesting story so far.

Being a huge Family Guy fan, I recently got Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse; I didn't expect much of it, to be honest, but it's surprisingly pretty fun. My biggest complaint is that it only features offline multiplayer. Worth sixty dollars? NOOOOOOO, but still very fun to play :smileytongue:

Message 4 of 68 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

Assassin's Creed 3 is my latest game purchase. I loved it, until I beat the story and then Connor's hood is just constantly down and he has a mohawk, so I stopped playing cuz that looks absolutely terrible.

Overall I was quite pleased. The story was good and the gameplay was fun. Technical issues however... they weren't fun.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 5 of 68 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

A few days ago, I bought Sonic Adventure 2 and, before that, I bought Sonic CD.

Sonic Adventure 2 is a dissapointing and pretty overrated game in a lot of ways. The controls for Sonic and Shadow are pretty slippery, which I hate, and the button mapping is questionable. There shoudn't be two buttons dedicated to doing one action. The level design is uninspired (why are there so many bottomless pits everywhere? Its such an eyesore) and sometimes feels like I am not going anywhere.  The mech levels are dull while the treasure hunting levels are tedious and boring. Enemy detection for Sonic and Shadow's homing attack is very unreliable sometimes, like in the penultimate boss battle. Don't even mention the screwy camera. That thing alone contributed to a few deaths.

That being said, the Sonic and Shadow levels are pretty fun when you are in the moment. The music is really campy and cheesy, but I actually enjoy it. The Chao Garden is the biggest time waster, and for good reason. It is so incredibly addictive to raise a Chao to a alignment. The missions give the game good replayablity. Too bad you have to go through so much crap just to get to the satisfying levels.

Sonic CD, on the other hand, lives up to the Sonic name. I really cannot think of any strong flaws in this game, but I wouldn't say it was pefect. The controls are tight. The levels are visually interesting and encourage exploration while maintaining the option to SPEED THROUGH IT. The time attack mode gives it replayability. The music is incredible since its, you know, SEGA (The JP version especially). A definite buy.

Graveyard stuffers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4482958/Silly_ass_ID_by_SuperGilfer.jpg
Message 6 of 68 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3529 posts

Jan 24, 2013

stentryk wrote:

Assassin's Creed 3 is my latest game purchase. I loved it, until I beat the story and then Connor's hood is just constantly up and he has a mohawk, so I stopped playing cuz that looks absolutely terrible.

Overall I was quite pleased. The story was good and the gameplay was fun. Technical issues however... they weren't fun.

I've thought about getting AC3, but I haven't even finished Brotherhood or Revelations.

Should I?

Message 7 of 68 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2271 posts

Jan 25, 2013

duke_of_platypus wrote:

Killzone 2 is my favourite game of all time followed by god of war 3, and killzone 2 is definitely the platinum i have most proud of: killzone 2 on elite difficulty was a complete **bleep** to beat and getting in the top 1% for the week, was quite a challenge as well, but the MP was the most balanced game i have ever played, and as you said the environment was nice and dark, killzone 3 is an awesome game too, thank god it was easier to get the platinum

i don't get when people say they didn't like the controls in killzone 2, they were the same as what was in killzone 3, if they meant how heavy the guns felt, it does take some time to get used to since everyone is used to cod's system where guns are pretty much weightless, but once you do get used to it and get used to how hard the game is, you'll really enjoy it, it's definitely only for the best FPS players, so that means you'll never hear any whinny kids, which was another plus :smileyhappy:

my latest game purchase was Far Cry 3, the single player is amazing and well worth the money, the co-op isn't that great and i haven't spent enough time with the MP to say anything about it, but so far IMO it's better than Far Cry 2's MP... the game also has a map editing system i haven't used it yet nor played on any user created maps, but i doubt it's as good as Far Cry 2's Map editing system: where people made such things as a life size statue of godzilla or the death star from star wars, hard to top that in a console game

Message 8 of 68 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2271 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

stentryk wrote:

Assassin's Creed 3 is my latest game purchase. I loved it, until I beat the story and then Connor's hood is just constantly up and he has a mohawk, so I stopped playing cuz that looks absolutely terrible.

I've thought about getting AC3, but I haven't even finished Brotherhood or Revelations.

Should I?

no, i think they re-cap what happened so far to desmond at the beginning, and this is connor's first game so you should be fine

Message 9 of 68 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3529 posts

Jan 25, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

Alluboy_ wrote:

stentryk wrote:

Should I?

no, i think they re-cap what happened so far to desmond at the beginning, and this is connor's first game so you should be fine

Okay, I guess I could check it out then. :smileyhappy:

Message 10 of 68 (329 Views)
0 Likes