Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

Re: Your latest game purchase and thoughts about it

[ Edited ]
Mar 25, 2013
On March 8th I got Tomb Raider and MLB the show 13. I get MLB almost every year, but this game is better than the previous ones. Tomb Raider is also a really great game that I am enjoying (going for the plat, wish me luck :smileyvery-happy:) and is currently a top nomination for GOTM and maybe GOTY.

The following week, on March 12th, I got God of War Ascension and it is a fun game. The story is kind of dull compared to 3 and 2, but it was still enjoyable and had fun gameplay to go along with it. Plus it came with early access to TLOU demo, so can't go wrong with that. What really made the game for me(single player wise) was the Trial of Archimedes level, trust me its really challenging, but that's what makes it fun. Multiplayer is there, but it just isn't for me honestly, however if anyone wants to play some co-op add me.

Now I am trying to get Bioshock Infinite and Lego City Undercover tomorrow, but idk yet. All those painful hours of baby-sitting and saving money are finally starting to pay off. :smileyvery-happy:
[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 68 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013
I also got bioshock infinite on tues. and I'm loving it so far :smileyhappy:
[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 68 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1718 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Just finished Dishonored for the third time, so I guess I can now "review" it.

Best part of the game is how open it is. You are never forced into anything. There's tons of replayability due to how many ways you can complete a mission and none of the assassinations are scripted. Everything is optional, so you can pretty much get through the game is less than an hour if you really rush it. If you play the game stealthily while exploring,  looting places, finding runes, completing sidequests, reading notes, planning your run, etc. the game can take you 15+ hours. The setting is also really fun to explore and has a lot of history to it.

The gameplay is also really good. Leaning works well to make up for the lack of a cover system, all the powers are useful and fun (blink is especially fun to use), acting more as compliments than directly offensive options. You can upgrade all powers with runes, which encourages exploration. The offensive gadgets are also fun to use and can also be upgraded by finding blueprints throughout the map. Problem is a lot of major upgrades (silenced steps, for instance) feel more based on luck because you can easily not see the blueprint you need for it.

There are also NO QUICKTIME EVENTS (woo!).

Some things I didn't like: Not enough non-lethal options. This is especially problematic because playing lethally afects the city "negatively" by adding more weepers (infected zombie-like people), having a darker ending and just making the last mission pretty gloomy. That means that you will probably never use grenades, your sword, the devouring swarm power and have to limit yourself to choking, sleep darts and simply avoiding enemies. At least the powers make up for that.

Also, there isn't much of a story. The world is incredibly flushed out but the story is a basic case of "go here and do this". The plot twist that happens after mission 6 is also incredibly un-original.

Overall though, great game, definitely recommend it to anyone who like stealth and is tired of overlly-scripted games.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 68 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

I downloaded Dust 514 beta a while back, but have still to do anything with it. :smileysad:

I won a free copy of ACR: Ultimate Edition, and I can't really complain about any free games, even if its ACR.:smileywink:

I finally played Journey and I don't know why it took me so long to do so. :smileytongue:

I picked up Jak 1 HD during that 13 for 13 sale and hey, for like $4 it's worth what it's worth. I never was a big fan of games built around collectathons, but I had a good time with what I played so far. :smileyhappy:

I downloaded Jetpack Joyride for some free trophies. Seriously. :smileyindifferent:

The learning curve in this game is steep. Don't wanna discourage you, but if you ever do play the game, go to the Dust 514 forums to know what to or not to invest ...or like hit me up with a PM. I don't want you to go in a match against pubstompers without knowing some things

Also, I really need to get Journey...

Graveyard stuffers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4482958/Silly_ass_ID_by_SuperGilfer.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 68 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Mar 29, 2013

I'll leave this post for my thoughts about Snake Eater...

So far, I've been enjoying it an awful lot. It's GOOD!

Graveyard stuffers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4482958/Silly_ass_ID_by_SuperGilfer.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 68 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
311 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

Borrowed Portal 2 from a friend and played it during Christmas break. 10/10 in all regards.

Got Dishonored too, its ssoooo frustrating at times but otherwise a very good game.

Agreed. I'm about halfway through Portal 2 right now and it is wonderful. Stephen Merchant is fantastic.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 68 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2600 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Went out, got pimped out with two $50 PSN cards.

Bioshock Infinite is all I brought so far, currently at 21% downloading...

Might purchase something like Snake Eater or The Walking Dead (the good one) afterwards.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 68 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1718 posts

Mar 30, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Might purchase something like Snake Eater or The Walking Dead (the good one) afterwards.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is only 10$ on the PSN store, perhaps you could check that out.

Oh, and do you think you know any good PSN games for 10$ (apart from the one I just mentioned)? I might just get the Dishonored DLC coming out in a few weeks, but perhaps there's something better.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 68 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2600 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is only 10$ on the PSN store, perhaps you could check that out.

Oh, and do you think you know any good PSN games for 10$ (apart from the one I just mentioned)? I might just get the Dishonored DLC coming out in a few weeks, but perhaps there's something better.

Try Just Cause 2. It's on sale for $10.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 68 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3536 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Got Rayman Origins.

To sum it up in one word: delightful.

Do you feel me?

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 68 (99 Views)