Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11114 posts

Re: Your latest game purchase and thoughts about it

Mar 30, 2013

Most recently, the games I've picked up include Stacking and the newest Tomb Raider. As a downloadable title, Stacking I would cite as being less inspired than Costume Quest. I liked Costume Quest quite a bit when I played it. You'd go around bobbing apples, finding costumes to wear, and doing battle with the goblin enemies. Stacking is pretty much just running around stacking into other matryoshka dolls, having to solve puzzles with the right dolls. However, it's not so fun when say you must unstack and lose sight of the dolls you want to utilize. Sometimes unstacking means they'll return to their original spot, and you have to run back and restack inside them all over again. Given the way the game is going I'm definitely glad I didn't end up paying the full $15 for the game.

Tomb Raider is one I haven't played too much of just yet. It seems like a decent game so far. In trying to hunt animals though, it's kind of hard to hit the deer or creatures flocking around. Right now I'm trying to deal with wolves that get into a scuffle with Lara. The mechanic of dodging attacks (or generally when it comes to  wriggling the let stick around) doesn't come off that fluidly. In Tomb Raider, I'm not seeing this fascinating product as critics have been gloating about, but for now the game does all right.

Message 31 of 68 (402 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 31, 2013

THIS GAME IS TERRIFYING.

SLENDA

---------------
I am real super sand legend!
Message 32 of 68 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3525 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

Finished Silent Hill yesterday evening.

The game was easy, even on normal. You get plenty of ammo in this game, and I actually hit the ammo cap few times on my pistol for using melee weapons, some being very powerful AND easy to use, especially the hammer. You get also way too many health items in this game.

The game was pretty short too (like all SH games, at least the ones I've played), but these do have multiple endings, some secret too, which give some replay value.

I also had completely forgotten how the trigger the good ending, so I got *bad+ instead. Maybe I'll start playing it again soon, and try to get the best ending. :smileyhappy:

Oh and I had this REALLY annoying sound bug. Firing some weapons cause this really annoying high pitched noise and it doesn't seem to stop unless you open the inventory and close it, or enter a new area. Funny that they still hadn't fixed that in the PSN version.

Spoiler
Cheryl dies, but saved Cybil by using the red liquid found in the hospital on her.

Message 33 of 68 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1718 posts

Apr 2, 2013

I just started playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution yesterday. Everything on the "presentation" side is solid. On the gameplay side, I've only played through the first mission so I guess the game just hasn't "opened up". It is somewhat overwhelming having a million tutorials thrown at you but the game is looking to have a lot of depth.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 34 of 68 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3525 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

Okay, I installed Bioshock Infinite for PC yesterday, and I tried for an hour or two today. I'm REALLY liking it so far. :smileyhappy:

Looks beautiful too!

Message 35 of 68 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

I haven't bought a ps3 game since Sly 4 came out. It was a great game just short.

Message 36 of 68 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11104 posts

Apr 4, 2013
I usually don't buy games because they're too expensive here, i borrow them from my sis' friends instead, the last game i borrowed was FF13-2 and OH GOD, that game is so good, the downside of it are the microtransactions, they're ridiculous, i heard there was a monster arena on FFX but now they want us to pay to play that on 13-2... what can ya do...
Message 37 of 68 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3525 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

renatabls wrote:
I usually don't buy games because they're too expensive here, i borrow them from my sis' friends instead, the last game i borrowed was FF13-2 and OH GOD, that game is so good, the downside of it are the microtransactions, they're ridiculous, i heard there was a monster arena on FFX but now they want us to pay to play that on 13-2... what can ya do...

I know. After I had finished the game 100% (well, missing couple trophies), I decided to to get the Ultros and Gilgamesh DLC, even though they were a bit too pricey. And since Gilgamesh is one of my favorite characters in FF series (hilarious too), I just *had* to get it. :smileytongue:

It was a tough fight too! Can't even beat it on normal battle difficulty, so I had to go with the easy one. He's great party member though.

Message 38 of 68 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Apr 4, 2013

I trade in FF13-2 2 Weeks ago because it got on my nerves.

Message 39 of 68 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2602 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Bioshock Infinite finished - Overall the best game I've played so far in 2013. There were some things that could've made this game better like more screentime for Songbird or the Boys of Silence but am satisfied regardless of quips. Ending was mindblowing, thanks to that all those Booker x Elizabeth shipping fanfics I've seen just got a whole lot more messed up.

The Walking Dead finished - good game, but I hope that with Season 2 Telltale will truly deliver their promise of a episodic game shaped entirely by choice.

Borderlands started. I would've gone directly to the sequel, but thanks to the guidance of the UC Co-op Community I started with the original. Playing as Siren after playing a game of eeny meeny minny moe at the select screen. So far just shooting people and dog things in the face with guns that shoot fire bullets.

MGS3HD started. But just barely. This one will probably spend some time sitting on the backburner.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 40 of 68 (89 Views)
0 Likes