Fender Bender
3470 posts

Re: Your latest game purchase and thoughts about it

[ Edited ]
Apr 21, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Borderlands started. I would've gone directly to the sequel, but thanks to the guidance of the UC Co-op Community I started with the original. Playing as Siren after playing a game of eeny meeny minny moe at the select screen. So far just shooting people and dog things in the face with guns that shoot fire bullets.

Great game, although it does get (at least for me) a bit boring if playing alone. If you can get partner or two (Hell, why not three?), it's great!

Also, repetitive quests.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 68 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Apr 22, 2013
Uncharted 3

I got this game a few years ago and at first I thought it was the best **bleep** ever, but playing it more after my first time, I came... to realize that there were better games out in the sea so I hit up my iPhone and went to the app store and searched for free games.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 68 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1713 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Just finished Deus Ex:HR and that game is just AMAZING. Everything about it. I gotta say I found the story kinda confusing at times, but apart from that it's just an awesome game. 9-9.5/10 in my opinion. 

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 68 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1450 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Enjoyed Tomb Raider, The Cave and revisited Okami in HD good games now just a few weeks till TLOU.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 68 (132 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
996 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Recently got Borderlands 2 for my new Steam account and love it more so now because I have a buddy playing with me now. It was really good last year playing solo. Now I love it even more. My GOTY 2012. As for this year; I borrowed a 360 and Bioshock: Infinite from a friend, and that was amazing. I'll come back to that. First I want to talk about Tomb Raider as I just finished it today borrowing it from a friend. I enjoyed it quite well, the story did occasionally get boring, and I think a few sections of that game could've been left out, and the ending sucked other than the final scene, which was about 30 seconds. A lot of people compare it to Uncharted, and though it's great, I just enjoyed both U3 and U2 more. I could more easily immerse myself in U3 and U2 where in Tomb Raider I found that difficult. Great game, but when I think Game of the Year, I don't think Tomb Raider, Unlike U3 where I instantly put it up there for Game of the year, next to Skyrim and Portal 2. (Both of which are amazing games). Overall, good, but when you're behind Bioshock: Infinite that shows you're far from perfect.

And with that, I'll express Bioshock: Ininite. Game of the year 2013 at the moment, for me. The art, the music, the voice acting, the story it's all good. All that holds it back is kinda bland combat, but a few things in it stop it from being bad, and earn it the title: Good gameplay. But not great. Very few games can capture your heart like Bioshock: Infinite. Is it best in series? No, but honestly, not many games are better than the first one, so it's not at all a bad thing. Bioshock: Infinite stands strong even while being in the biggest playing field, as people who played the first expect top quality from this series. It delivers. And for now, it's my game of the year. However, The last of Us could take that spot from me. I'm already seeing this as a possibility because all I could think after Bioshock: Infinite was: "I can't wait to see Troy Baker voicing Joel after this amazing performance in this game". Troy did a great job as Booker DeWitt and I am VERY excited about Joel now.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 68 (125 Views)
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Alright, so Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater...

I'm just gonna skip all the unnecessary introductions, explanations, and grievances for now: It's pretty dam good.

I know, it really isn't the most original opinion of MGS 3. But, it's definitely an honest one. If I could say that it is best MGS in gameplay, I would say it is the best MGS in gameplay. The game throws away the geometric environments and the fixed camera angles found in the previous titles and replaces it with open jungle areas and a traditional 3rd person camera angle. The game gives you the option of using the former camera scheme, but don't use it. It just rids the whole use of methodically sneaking around since the guards have vastly improved since MGS 2. Speaking of the guards, they have been toned down a bit. While they have better vision and now have ears, they are seriously much easier to handle in battle, making the game seemingly feel easier. Of course, this would a time for me to say that this dumb kiddie bs that only caters to the weak casual crowd waaaaahhhhh. But it doesn't...it actually has the opposite effect...it makes the game a lot more fun. With the guards being less dangerous and punishing,along with bigger environments and the vast amount of weapons at your disposal, the game just...opens up for more possibilites to play the game. I mean, it still is a sneaking game, but then its a sneaking game that lets you do this:

Since its a sneaking game at heart, the game incorporates a camo system in order to assist the player to traverse the land undetected. It works. I hate to sound dismissive about it, but I was slightly dissapointed by how the process went. Going back and forth with the menu to select and unequip camo was jarring with the game's flow. This compliant goes for the cure screen as well. Also, I wished the camo system didn't just involve around looking which camo made the index go higher, and encourage us to experiment with the camo to see what works best in each enviroment. However, I'm uncertain if that will help the game, as it might lead to a bit of trial and error.

The plot, on the other hand, didn't really suffer from anything, but it probably is the weakest part of MGS 3. Now its still a good story. I'd say it is better than what most game developers can write. It might be personal preference, but I enjoyed MGS 2's mind bending story more than MGS 3's straightforward plot. I wouldn't, however, appreciate it Kojima attempted it again for this one. MGS 2' story was intriguing, but it was unrefined in a few aspects, needed a bit more explanation, and just needed more time for quality control. MGS 3 just goes for the whole 1960s spy parody thing with gusto, and its refreshing after seeing Manhatten being destroyed by a large submersible fortress that housed hundreds of Metal Gear RAY's that was planned to be used by a Illuminati-group of AI's so that they can control the internet so people can't go ahead and learn things about so they may go ahead and bring the world down to its knees. While it lacks depth and doesn't raise any questions, it just really does the job and still has that Metal Gear humor and characters we all love, and someofMetalGear'sscaryscenesintheretoo.

The graphics are great for its time, pushed PS2 to its limits. The music is fitting and memorable, just like the others. I don't want to go on. It's a great game, thats all there is for me to say.

But, don't go ahead and buy it just yet. While it is a great game, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone new to the series. If you really want to try Metal Gear Solid, I would seriously recommend playing it in release order. The gameplay learning curve become less steeper and the plot becomes understandable. Heck, I wish I made that decision before getting the HD collection.

If you do plan on buying it in release order, then you might wanna wait until this comes out in June.

duh

As overbearing my review has become, I still not done. I'm just on the way of playing Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. The former I plan to finish while the latter is just for fun.

Graveyard stuffers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4482958/Silly_ass_ID_by_SuperGilfer.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 68 (142 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6002 posts

May 2, 2013
I just recently bought Dead Island and Battlefield 3. However, I cant exactly start them until next Friday...Im hoping both are great, though!
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 68 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1713 posts

May 11, 2013

Borrowed LBP2 from a friend and I just finished going through the story with my bro.

In 2 words: Fun and creative. It's definitely a great game.

I'd  also like to access the online portion, only I have to download I-don't-know how many gigabytes of patches, which I really would rather not do. Bummer.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 68 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2586 posts

May 11, 2013

Snagged a cheap working and excellent copy of Metroid Prime 4 cheap!

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 68 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3470 posts

Re: Your Latest Game Purchase And Thoughts About It

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

Borrowed LBP2 from a friend and I just finished going through the story with my bro.

In 2 words: Fun and creative. It's definitely a great game.

I'd  also like to access the online portion, only I have to download I-don't-know how many gigabytes of patches, which I really would rather not do. Bummer.

Oh yeah, that's annoying.

I recently reinstalled the game myself and I had to download over TWENTY patches for it! Thankfully most of them were really small. But it still took a few hours.

You really should do it though. It has really great custom maps out there, some of them are really well done. That or I myself just suck making them. You can like turn the game from sidescrolling to first person! How cool is that?

--

I don't know why, but I can't seem to beat the final(?) boss in LBP2. It's that boss that has multiple stages. The first one is extremely easy, but the second one causes a lot of deaths for me, and if I'm lucky to finish it too, I *will* die in the 3rd one.

I just don't understand how to dodge his attacks..

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 68 (88 Views)
0 Likes