Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Re: Your Latest Game Purchase And Thoughts About It

May 13, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:

Borrowed LBP2 from a friend and I just finished going through the story with my bro.

In 2 words: Fun and creative. It's definitely a great game.

I'd  also like to access the online portion, only I have to download I-don't-know how many gigabytes of patches, which I really would rather not do. Bummer.

Oh yeah, that's annoying.

I recently reinstalled the game myself and I had to download over TWENTY patches for it! Thankfully most of them were really small. But it still took a few hours.

You really should do it though. It has really great custom maps out there, some of them are really well done. That or I myself just suck making them. You can like turn the game from sidescrolling to first person! How cool is that?

--

I don't know why, but I can't seem to beat the final(?) boss in LBP2. It's that boss that has multiple stages. The first one is extremely easy, but the second one causes a lot of deaths for me, and if I'm lucky to finish it too, I *will* die in the 3rd one.

I just don't understand how to dodge his attacks..

You just have to jump when the ray thingys hit the floor. You can be in the area but you just cant be touching the floor.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 68 (152 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10924 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

I purchased Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut a little while ago.

I have always liked Deadly Premonition but The Director’s Cut feels WAY TOO EASY and this kind of ruins the experience for me. I have never played this video game on its easy difficulty setting before and for some reason the Director’s Cut doesn’t have any difficulty settings…

It seems to default to the “easy” difficulty setting and I'm tempted to blame PlayStation Move integration for this… :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 68 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3468 posts

May 16, 2013

Got Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch from the PS store a while ago. Phew, that game takes A LOT of space. I had to delete game content + some games to be able to DL it.

Obviously haven't tried it yet, but since it's done by Level-5 (Dark Cloud series, Rogue Galaxy), I'm expecting this to be a great game!

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 68 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

May 19, 2013

Hey guys, know any good RPG-action game hybrids that are pretty cheap?

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 68 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

May 20, 2013

In my last post, I mentioned that I wanted to finish MGS1 over Peace Walker.

That really didn't happen.

Peace Walker really ended up addicting me to its base-building, mission based stealth gamplay. The stripped down gameplay just managed to become so easy to learn, yet I still can't use it to no errors at all. Add to the fact that its pretty much the easiest to pick up MGS game with little watering down and...It's oddly difficult to not go ahead and make some more weapons and items, or abduct soldiers for your base with oversized balloons, or get some tanks or copters, and its **bleep** satisifying to go create your very own Metal Gear. I'll admit though, the story wasn't engaging as the others. Not for lack of substance, mind you, but of the effect the mission based gameplay creates. Its segmented structure, along with GRINDING, alllows for longer time to digest the current happenings with Big Boss and friends. Speaking of friends, the supporting cast isn't as memorable, enthralling, or interesting as, say, the support team from MGS1. I even sometimes forget about them. But, they work whenever they show up in the game's motion art cutscenes done by Ashley Wood. By the way, she ended doing a phenomenal job with it. The grittiness and faded colors, along with selected bright colors for emphasis, creates a stronger personality and identity amongst MGS' already distinctive games. But, you won't really see much of those once you get past CHapter 4. It really is when the game opens up to you. You'll be grinding, beating up some mechs, recruiting, and much more. The boss battles, by the way, are much larger in structure, and in difficulty. It's definitely more suited to four player coop. Trust me... On the other side of the gameplay's playground, the stealth follows a much more simple MGS3 formula. You got camo, CQC, hold ups, tranq guns, and sound sensitive AI. But, the camo is pretty much neglible once you acquire a certain item. Then the game devolves into something akin to MGS1: Don't go into the enemy's sight. Actually pretty easy if you're not careless, they can't see that far...unless its for magazines of hobbies or scantily clad ladies. I hate to say that I make it sound like it becomes lacking at this point. If I do sound like that, then I sound wrong. I actually prefer the simpler, perhaps even arcadey style of gameplay. However, if the hidden missions were lacking, I would have found myself to be bored quickly.

It's probably the most down to earth MGS game. Its still has those Metal Gear story trademarks and situations. But, hey...Metal Gear...

I might get Metal Gear Rising. It looks so cool! But first, Metal Gear Solid 1...then, Animal Crossing: WIld World. Before that, maybe some Ratchet and Clank Future games. I've been meaning to try that for a very long time.

Graveyard stuffers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4482958/Silly_ass_ID_by_SuperGilfer.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 68 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Aug 18, 2013

The mods should totally move this thread to the other Off-topic forum. It's really too bad that it died out because everyone seems to have ditched this section of the forums.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 68 (68 Views)
PlayStation MVP
10924 posts

Aug 22, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

The mods should totally move this thread to the other Off-topic forum. It's really too bad that it died out because everyone seems to have ditched this section of the forums.

If you would like a thread to be moved somewhere then all you need to do is "Report Inappropriate Content" on one of the posts in it and ask that it be moved into a particular section. Apparently not very many people know this is an option. The moderators need good reasons to move threads (obviously) but there is nothing wrong with making requests of this nature if you feel that they should consider these actions.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 68 (61 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Aug 26, 2013

SweetPoison13 wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:

If you would like a thread to be moved somewhere then all you need to do is "Report Inappropriate Content" on one of the posts in it and ask that it be moved into a particular section. Apparently not very many people know this is an option. The moderators need good reasons to move threads (obviously) but there is nothing wrong with making requests of this nature if you feel that they should consider these actions.

Thanks for the overall helpfulness, SweetPoison. It's very appreciated :smileyhappy:

But as much as I would like that, I need we should ask the OP first. I think it would be a good idea.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 68 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Madden 25th Anniversary Edition with the Sunday Ticket code (online only) and it drops tomorrow! Oh yeah BABY! 

photo Narcissus1_zps170f3e51.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 68 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3468 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2013

Matthewsike, looks like you got what you wanted! :smileytongue:

Thanks again, Trawnza for moving this thread from ND Off-topic forums to here! :smileyhappy: 

So, I've bought lot of games in these past couple weeks, recent being Don't Starve two pack from Steam, which was around 10€. I'm REALLY liking the game. It's extremely hard game, especially early when you have NO idea what to do.

Your job is to survive as long as possible. You need scavenge food, wood, ore and so on, while being hunted by local wildlife.

You're given NO instruction at all, you need to figure out EVERYTHING by yourself. When you first start playing, you only have one character to play with, but as you play the game, you unlock more characters, each having their own perks.

When starting a new game, you can also customize the available resources, weather, season, etc. in the world. So far I've been playing with the default settings, they seem to be challenging enough for me.

Overall, it's really fun game, I learn something new in each playthrough. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 68 (46 Views)