Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1768 posts

Re: Your most UNDERRATED film/movie?

Mar 20, 2014

JRico_32 wrote:

Nice choice OP, The Iron Giant is a great movie. Brad Bird is an amazing writer.

My pick, a Disney flick as well, The Emperor's New Groove. I really enjoyed this movie and thought it had everything as well but didn't get as much attention as some of the other Disney cartoon features. One of favs from the Mouse for sure.

Thanks! But you gotta admit... Vin Diesel as the voice actor for the giant was priceless :robotvery-happy:

young beard signature
Message 11 of 112 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1768 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2014

Yeah, I saw Titan A.E as well. I'm surpirsed that it got such low reviews. I thought the animations were amazing and action scenes were great. And I love the design of the drudge (the villains in the movie)

young beard signature
Message 12 of 112 (153 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24908 posts

Mar 20, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Disney's Treasure Planet and Disney's Atlantis. (if we are still sticking with Disney here)

Both are two very great movies that Disney has not even acknowledged.

I think part of the reason for that is Atlantis is not a traditional Disney film, with big musical numbrs and cute characters. They tried to go for an action-adventure style film. Treasure Planet received good reviews overall, but it was peformed abysmally at the box office.

Disney was on a HUGE roll in the mid 90's with The Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty And The Beast, and The Little Mermaid. Suddenly you have this change of direction, and it probably caught a lot of people off guard.

Message 13 of 112 (156 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1768 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2014

Anyone remember SPACE JAM?! It's a really cheesy movie. But man, they sure did bring great moments. Childhood memories.... all flushing back to me

young beard signature
Message 14 of 112 (151 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11241 posts

Mar 20, 2014
Space Jam is NOT underrated.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 15 of 112 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Mar 20, 2014

Another thread reminded me of this movie...

movie.jpg

Its loosely based on and inspired by the Phelps family.  As much as I despise them, its a great movie.  

Also, I'm a huge fan of indie comedies with leading female roles.  Especially blondes.  They make me laugh. 

Dirty Love with Jenny McCarthy and Smiley Face with Anna Faris are pretty darn hilarious.

dirty love 1.jpgdirty love 2.jpg

smileyface1.jpgsmileyface2.jpg

~~~~~~~~~ Show No Fear - Fortune Favors The Bold! ~~~~~~~~~
Message 16 of 112 (138 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1768 posts

Mar 20, 2014

johngie wrote:
Space Jam is NOT underrated.

Well the reviews were very low. And in my opinion, way too low. I found it be good mostly because I had a great time with it in my childhood. I did say it was cheesy... but it's a different kind of cheesy. One that I had fun with :smileytongue:

But then with this movie, it had to compete with Who Framed Roger Rabbit (which was also one hell of a good movie). So I guess critics were expecting Space Jam to exceed or be on the same level as Who Framed Roger Rabbit. So many probably felt underwhelmed and disappointed when Space Jam came out.  

young beard signature
Message 17 of 112 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8913 posts

Mar 20, 2014

YoungBeard wrote:

Yeah, I saw Titan A.E as well. I'm surpirsed that it got such low reviews. I thought the animations were amazing and action scenes were great. And I love the design the drudge (the villains in the movie)

Yea it was pretty fun to watch and the writing was good. Never understood any of the bad reviews of it tbh.

Message 18 of 112 (135 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2014

Almost all of the above mentioned films aren't underrated at all lol  They're just old.  Iron Giant.  Roger Rabbit (which i love btw).  Both very big films and very successful.  Even Space Jam, it was all you ever heard of back when it came out.  

~~~~~~~~~ Show No Fear - Fortune Favors The Bold! ~~~~~~~~~
Message 19 of 112 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1768 posts

Mar 20, 2014

xfisticuffsx wrote:

Almost all of the above mentioned films aren't underrated at all lol  They're just old.  Iron Giant.  Roger Rabbit (which i love btw).  Both very big films and very successful.  Even Space Jam, it was all you ever heard of back when it came out.  

Underrated doesn't necessarily have to mean bad reviews given to what some regard as good movies..... but the popularity as well. The Iron Giant, as I mentioned, had excellent reviews. But it was very unpopular because they didn't advertise it efficiently. Space Jam was the opposite..... great popularity but low reviews. I regard both as underrated

young beard signature
Message 20 of 112 (114 Views)