Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/10/2011
Offline
2023 posts
 

Re: Your most UNDERRATED film/movie?

Mar 21, 2014

rengle598 wrote:

YoungBeard wrote:

Ahem... can we please not discuss porno movies....? Smiley Indifferent


Oh, okay.

 

Well, Saw was a really good film. The first one anyways. Saw II was okay, but Saw III killed the franchise.


I agree. SAW was pretty good and extremely intense. SAW 2 was okay. But after that, it all went downhill from there. And the gore just because laughably over-the-top Smiley Very Happy SAW 1 did gore the best, IMO

young beard signature
Message 71 of 112 (181 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 07/16/2013
Offline
2078 posts
 

Re: Your most UNDERRATED film/movie?

Mar 21, 2014

YoungBeard wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

YoungBeard wrote:

Ahem... can we please not discuss porno movies....? Smiley Indifferent


Oh, okay.

 

Well, Saw was a really good film. The first one anyways. Saw II was okay, but Saw III killed the franchise.


I agree. SAW was pretty good and extremely intense. SAW 2 was okay. But after that, it all went downhill from there. And the gore just because laughably over-the-top Smiley Very Happy SAW 1 did gore the best, IMO


I actually need to see Saw I don't know if I ever will though. Saw 3 actually gave me a dark @$$ dream the violence was bad for me.

The List.
#PSASBR2


You're not stupid it's the stupid things you do.
Message 72 of 112 (178 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/10/2011
Offline
2023 posts
 

Re: Your most UNDERRATED film/movie?

Mar 21, 2014

Earthling_8 wrote:

 


I agree. SAW was pretty good and extremely intense. SAW 2 was okay. But after that, it all went downhill from there. And the gore just because laughably over-the-top Smiley Very Happy SAW 1 did gore the best, IMO


I actually need to see Saw I don't know if I ever will though. Saw 3 actually gave me a dark @$$ dream the violence was bad for me.


You better have a strong gut. I took my friend to see it and he nearly threw up. It's not THAT gory... but it's the way it was represented Smiley Very Happy

young beard signature
Message 73 of 112 (164 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 07/16/2013
Offline
2078 posts
 

Re: Your most UNDERRATED film/movie?

Mar 21, 2014

YoungBeard wrote:

Earthling_8 wrote:

 


I agree. SAW was pretty good and extremely intense. SAW 2 was okay. But after that, it all went downhill from there. And the gore just because laughably over-the-top Smiley Very Happy SAW 1 did gore the best, IMO


I actually need to see Saw I don't know if I ever will though. Saw 3 actually gave me a dark @$$ dream the violence was bad for me.


You better have a strong gut. I took my friend to see it and he nearly threw up. It's not THAT gory... but it's the way it was represented Smiley Very Happy


I won't puke but the intensity just messes with my psyche.

The List.
#PSASBR2


You're not stupid it's the stupid things you do.
Message 74 of 112 (158 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/10/2011
Offline
2023 posts
 

Re: Your most UNDERRATED film/movie?

Mar 21, 2014

Earthling_8 wrote:

YoungBeard wrote:

Earthling_8 wrote:

 


 

 


I won't puke but the intensity just messes with my psyche.


Well in that case, it shouldn't be too bad. Unless the psyche gets messed up to the tortures that occur Smiley Surprised

young beard signature
Message 75 of 112 (154 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 01/19/2004
Offline
36704 posts
 

Re: Your most UNDERRATED film/movie?

Mar 21, 2014

YoungBeard wrote:

This can be any movie that you think is regarded as underrated (cartoon, horror, drama etc.) Sorry if this was posted already..... but I couldn't find a similar thread. But anyway, my most underrated film of all time is The Iron Giant 1998. The reviews and scores that critics gave it were pretty high..... but the fact that it was advertised so poorly, not a lot of people saw this movie (or even knew about it). But I saw this movie when it first came and it just perfectly mixes action, drama, terror, and comedy so well. I could even go as far as to say that this is in my top 5 movies of all time. Here is a concept art of it:


This was a GREAT movie, made by the same team that made The Incredibles.  I remember the ads for it.  They played the song "Rock you like a hurricane" by the Scorpions.  The song was nowhere in the movie.  I checked the trailers as well.

 

I'll give you a few of mine.

1. Cleopatra (with Elizabeth Taylor).  Yes, it was box office poison back in the 1950's and it nearly bankrupted the studio, but it was a really good movie.  Enjoyable.  Seemed historically accurate enough.  You could tell they spent a bundle making it.

2. Battlefield Earth (with John Travolta).  This was by no means my favorite movie, but it was nowhere near as bad as what the critics said.  They savaged this movie relentlessly.  It wasn't that bad.  It's a decent Sunday afternoon movie.

3. Big Trouble in Little China (with Kurt Russel).  This was a really fun action/adventure/fantasy movie. Some gang in Little China made the mistake of stealing Kurt Russel's truck and kidnapping his friend's fiance.  They suit up and take on dark mystical forces.  Good stuff.

4. Uncle Buck (with John Candy).  I'd say this was his best comedy.  He has to babysit for his niece and nephew for a few days (weeks?).  Of course he's a bumbling loser with a crazy side.  His meeting with the vice principle is priceless, and I dare you to watch that entire scene without laughing once.  Go on, I DARE you.  If you fail, you have to rewind and try again until you can make it through.

5. Delerious (with John Candy).  Yeah, I like John Candy.  You got a problem with that?  The thing that separates a John Candy from a Chris Farley is his occasional ability to "be the man".  Chris Farley was always a bumbling fool in his movies and never really owned the moment.  In Delerious, John Candy is the writer for some lame soap opera.  But then he somehow wakes up inside the show he writes.  Oh, but wait!  He still has his typewriter with him.  He's able to make changes to the script while still trapped within the show.  There are several scenes where John Candy truly dominates everyone and is admired by all - interspersed with scenes of him being a bumbling fool.  It's a great ride that you wish would never stop.

Message 76 of 112 (148 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/19/2014
Offline
380 posts
 

Re: Your most UNDERRATED film/movie?

Mar 21, 2014
I want a movie about DrGadget.
~私はあなたを愛して~
Message 77 of 112 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/09/2009
Offline
4330 posts
 

Re: Your most UNDERRATED film/movie?

Mar 21, 2014

The Way Back

The Way Back.

 

I remember that movie when we're on the way to Manila. After they played a terrible live-action american movie, a condoctor inserted The Way Back DVD and played. At first, I thought it would be another bad movie (just like nowadays), but after a prison-break scene, it went into something that hook me up. I was really touch in every sad moment until the very last moment. I cried a bit because it was really great and I like this type of movie. I reminds me a good religion movie Fireproof before.

 

Now I'm looking for a good movies like this one and not on a crap mediocre lackluster nowadays.

 


Gran Turismo Fan | Love Live Fan | PC Technician

Gran Turismo 7 Suggestions

Message 78 of 112 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/10/2011
Offline
2023 posts
 

Re: Your most UNDERRATED film/movie?

Mar 21, 2014

DrGadget wrote:

YoungBeard wrote:

 


This was a GREAT movie, made by the same team that made The Incredibles.  I remember the ads for it.  They played the song "Rock you like a hurricane" by the Scorpions.  The song was nowhere in the movie.  I checked the trailers as well.

 

I'll give you a few of mine.

1. Cleopatra (with Elizabeth Taylor).  Yes, it was box office poison back in the 1950's and it nearly bankrupted the studio, but it was a really good movie.  Enjoyable.  Seemed historically accurate enough.  You could tell they spent a bundle making it.

2. Battlefield Earth (with John Travolta).  This was by no means my favorite movie, but it was nowhere near as bad as what the critics said.  They savaged this movie relentlessly.  It wasn't that bad.  It's a decent Sunday afternoon movie.

3. Big Trouble in Little China (with Kurt Russel).  This was a really fun action/adventure/fantasy movie. Some gang in Little China made the mistake of stealing Kurt Russel's truck and kidnapping his friend's fiance.  They suit up and take on dark mystical forces.  Good stuff.

4. Uncle Buck (with John Candy).  I'd say this was his best comedy.  He has to babysit for his niece and nephew for a few days (weeks?).  Of course he's a bumbling loser with a crazy side.  His meeting with the vice principle is priceless, and I dare you to watch that entire scene without laughing once.  Go on, I DARE you.  If you fail, you have to rewind and try again until you can make it through.

5. Delerious (with John Candy).  Yeah, I like John Candy.  You got a problem with that?  The thing that separates a John Candy from a Chris Farley is his occasional ability to "be the man".  Chris Farley was always a bumbling fool in his movies and never really owned the moment.  In Delerious, John Candy is the writer for some lame soap opera.  But then he somehow wakes up inside the show he writes.  Oh, but wait!  He still has his typewriter with him.  He's able to make changes to the script while still trapped within the show.  There are several scenes where John Candy truly dominates everyone and is admired by all - interspersed with scenes of him being a bumbling fool.  It's a great ride that you wish would never stop.


I think what makes Iron Giant so great is not just the animations, visuals, or emotion..... but a sense of style and art direction. It's hard to explain it, but the art design of this movie felt so much different yet similar to other movies to give it a strange unique style. The cover, for me, was in itself very artistic. 

BTW, Thanks for the list! I have heard of Delirious and Uncle Buck, but I haven't watched them. Reading this thread, I realise I have a LOT of moves to catch up on Smiley Tongue

 

young beard signature
Message 79 of 112 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 07/16/2013
Offline
2078 posts
 

Re: Your most UNDERRATED film/movie?

Mar 21, 2014

This movie is a piece of my childhood.

Bf7NxtjCQAEOrKb.jpg

This movie I found because Sid Shuman the PlayStation Social Media Manager and one of the cast on the PS Blogcast mentioned it. So I decided to check it out for myself.

the-fountain-affiche.jpg

If anybody has never heard of it I recommend it, great movie.

The List.
#PSASBR2


You're not stupid it's the stupid things you do.
Message 80 of 112 (113 Views)