Fender Bender
2599 posts

Re: Your worst injury?

Jul 7, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

i had broken ribs, collapsed lung, punctured heart, broken shoulder, all happened when i was in a car crash.

Ouch. Good to see you are alright. Smiley Tongue

Message 31 of 95 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Was driving my bike at my garage's ramp(?) and i fell down, my entire (left) leg was bleeding. Smiley Happy

I was 7, i think. I also had some injuries at my feet while having fun with mah skate, but it didn't hurt as much.

I have a lot of scars at my feet and legs, i used to be wild when i was a kid. Smiley Very Happy
Message 32 of 95 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I've never had a major injury, so...

photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 33 of 95 (140 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13867 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Fell down the stairs and sprained my ankle pretty bad. Could go on it for a couple of weeks. And when I was a kid, two jerks tossed me across a playground like a jump rope and it bruised my tail bone and messed up my nose somewhat.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 34 of 95 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Splatteregg wrote:
Does this include mental injuries?
If so:
School. Shot my little confidence to below zero, bullied by everyone including my "friends" and cried myself to sleep every weekday and Sunday.

Might not be psychical pain... Just pain that made suicide a good option in my life.

Same thing happened to me when I was younger, though at the time bullying was treated as something kids went through and there was no effort to curtail it or stop it.  Got so bad that I couldn't even take the school bus anymore.  I needed my parents to drive me in to school and pick me up after school because the bullying was so bad.  Kids would constantly kick my feet out from under me when I was walking, causing me to drop all my books and skin my knees, rip farts while near me and then yell out that I farted, etc. etc.  It didn't help that I was a "late bloomer" (was 4'10" at the end of my junior year of high school.  Am 5'10" now).  That whole time of my life made it very difficult when talking to people I didn't know as I figured they too would just start making fun of me.  With the ladies, it meant I had no shot.  There was one girl who actually did honestly like me and I liked her too.  But because I was being made fun of so badly I didn't want to "go out" with her and have her be tormented as well.  (I actually ran into her a few years back.  She's now married to someone else I knew, and I finally had the balls to explain to her why I never asked her out.  She thought that was sweet and said that she wouldn't have cared about any of that).

Bullying is a nasty issue and I'm glad there is a movement out there to recognize it and stop it.  You have no idea how badly I wanted to just lash out and start attacking the kids who were bullying me, but with me being so small in stature and my parents being so incredibly strict if I ever got in trouble, I couldn't fight back.  It hurt me so bad that when I applied for college, I got a full scholarship to a state school but turned it down since I knew that many others from my school would be going there.  (I didn't realize that the school was so huge that I would never run into those people at all).  So I went for a more selective, far more expensive school that financially cost me for a while.  

I was able to overcome it by going to college and doing what I could to change who I was and forget about what had happened.  I basically became a whole new person and forced myself to be confident.  As a result, I made some very close friends who I still keep in touch with.  Granted, I also got into the "bad things" that I avoided while in high school, but I was able to overcome that and get back to normal.  Smiley Happy  Now, I take a look at the bullied days and realize that it just made me a stronger person today.  I've run into some of the people who gave me a hard time back then, and there are one or two who were man enough to apologize to me and I appreciated that.  They admitted they were young and stupid and they felt bad as they matured and realized what they were doing.  What made it sincere is that they apologized on their own without me instigating it.  On the other hand, I have run into others who are still the same way they were in high school.  I just ignored them for the most part and when leaving slyly stated that "I've got to run to meet up with some colleagues from work for a meeting.  You continue to stay here and serve french fries."  That got a good bit of laughter from the group I was with and the other customers in the store who had an idea of what was up.  Made me feel good and showed me that I've been able to grow up and be successful while those who tormented me are mostly the same.

Message 35 of 95 (128 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Jdurg I feel bad for you man.

Here is my story of some bullying that happened.

So here I was walking to my house exictedly because of me getting a SNES for my birthday. But then there were these 3 jag offs who had no idea who they were messing with. So they started to punch me and kick me but then I told them ''you either get lost or I will force you too'' so they get me on the floor and I had enough so I punch the first guy holding me down and I instantly get up.

So now the other 2 look at their friend who is bleeding all over the pavement. And they run after me, but because I was doing LOTS of martial arts at the time I take one of them down and I got the other kid in an armbar. So I said to them both '' If you make one more move I will break this guys arm'' So this kid is in EXTREME pain so I let go of him. They run away as soon as I let go of him.

The next day in school they were picking on someone small I think he was 4;10 at the time and as soon as I said let him go they ran away. That kid who I helped became my best friend.

The morale of this story?

Martial arts is **bleep** awesome.

Message 36 of 95 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Jul 8, 2013
I saw off my finger at work.
Message 37 of 95 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Jdurg wrote:

Splatteregg wrote:
Does this include mental injuries?
If so:
School. Shot my little confidence to below zero, bullied by everyone including my "friends" and cried myself to sleep every weekday and Sunday.

Might not be psychical pain... Just pain that made suicide a good option in my life.

Same thing happened to me when I was younger, though at the time bullying was treated as something kids went through and there was no effort to curtail it or stop it.  Got so bad that I couldn't even take the school bus anymore.  I needed my parents to drive me in to school and pick me up after school because the bullying was so bad.  Kids would constantly kick my feet out from under me when I was walking, causing me to drop all my books and skin my knees, rip farts while near me and then yell out that I farted, etc. etc.  It didn't help that I was a "late bloomer" (was 4'10" at the end of my junior year of high school.  Am 5'10" now).  That whole time of my life made it very difficult when talking to people I didn't know as I figured they too would just start making fun of me.  With the ladies, it meant I had no shot.  There was one girl who actually did honestly like me and I liked her too.  But because I was being made fun of so badly I didn't want to "go out" with her and have her be tormented as well.  (I actually ran into her a few years back.  She's now married to someone else I knew, and I finally had the balls to explain to her why I never asked her out.  She thought that was sweet and said that she wouldn't have cared about any of that).

Bullying is a nasty issue and I'm glad there is a movement out there to recognize it and stop it.  You have no idea how badly I wanted to just lash out and start attacking the kids who were bullying me, but with me being so small in stature and my parents being so incredibly strict if I ever got in trouble, I couldn't fight back.  It hurt me so bad that when I applied for college, I got a full scholarship to a state school but turned it down since I knew that many others from my school would be going there.  (I didn't realize that the school was so huge that I would never run into those people at all).  So I went for a more selective, far more expensive school that financially cost me for a while.  

I was able to overcome it by going to college and doing what I could to change who I was and forget about what had happened.  I basically became a whole new person and forced myself to be confident.  As a result, I made some very close friends who I still keep in touch with.  Granted, I also got into the "bad things" that I avoided while in high school, but I was able to overcome that and get back to normal.  Smiley Happy  Now, I take a look at the bullied days and realize that it just made me a stronger person today.  I've run into some of the people who gave me a hard time back then, and there are one or two who were man enough to apologize to me and I appreciated that.  They admitted they were young and stupid and they felt bad as they matured and realized what they were doing.  What made it sincere is that they apologized on their own without me instigating it.  On the other hand, I have run into others who are still the same way they were in high school.  I just ignored them for the most part and when leaving slyly stated that "I've got to run to meet up with some colleagues from work for a meeting.  You continue to stay here and serve french fries."  That got a good bit of laughter from the group I was with and the other customers in the store who had an idea of what was up.  Made me feel good and showed me that I've been able to grow up and be successful while those who tormented me are mostly the same.

Dude huge props on that one. I have a pretty messed up story as well. For the most part I was bullied at home and at school. I was put into an EH class (emotionally handicapped) and basically became the **bleep** of the family. I had a lot goin on in my life in my elementary years. But, after taking so much bullying I was just absolutely filled with anger and I lashed out. But it didn't stop. Other things happened and boom here I am today. Happy as can be. Feel better as a human being and so happy with my life. Life goes on!

We all have our lives to live. Chill and enjoy the ride. Take into consideration the situations the people around you are facing. Live Long and Prosper.
Message 38 of 95 (96 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31043 posts

Jul 8, 2013

I tore my ACL playing basketball my freshman year of high school. It was a partial tear so I was able to avoid surgery. However, I played baseball on it and put so much stress on my other leg that I did some damage to my other knee Smiley Sad 

Out of that whole experience, my ego was probably injured the worst. It was the first (and only) time in my life I ever got a C in gym. It felt like an F Smiley Very Happy

Message 39 of 95 (92 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Ego's really suck. Everytime I lose a tournament in my martial arts stuff I get extremely angry to the point where I dedicate a month or a week to beat them. Man I still try to win when I dislocated my shoulder. I won the rematch but I needed a good rest.

Ego might be one of the main causes for the many injuries in my life.

Message 40 of 95 (88 Views)