Apr 04 2013
By: Charbie Uncharted Territory 1983 posts

beats by dre

12 replies 164 views Edited Apr 4, 2013

im thinking of buying one. idk if it matters but i listen to mostly rock or screamo kind of music. anyone have em? are they good or overrated? 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Re: beats by dre

Apr 4, 2013

IDK but one of my boys was across the room from me (about a 20') I could still hear his headphone thumping over my JBL ones.

So yeah I would say they are good.

Alil too loud if you ask me.

Make sure you get it from a good place though because I hear so many different stories about people getting cond into buying a fake one that looks almost real.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 4, 2013

just another ridiculously overpriced set of headphones...theres nothing really special other than they "look cool"...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (136 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13675 posts

Apr 4, 2013

ya...I mean, if you have the money to blow, go ahead. Personally...id get skullcandy brand if you want a bass boosting set. Still relatively expensive, but not compared to those things.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (133 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Apr 4, 2013
Hi there. I've had 2 pairs of them, and both broke on me. Wonderful sound quality, but certainly not built to last. I bought the headphones first, and they actually snapped in half when I went to use them. Next, I tried the earbuds, figuring there would be no way for them to break, I guess I was wrong. Shortly after I bought them, they just stopped working all together. No music at all coming from them. I heard they came out with new portable stereo speaker, not sure if that's any better. As far as the headphones or earbuds go though, I wouldn't waste the money or time. $400 down the drain was enough for me lol I hope this helps!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (117 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14953 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

dont waste your money.... unless you want to look like a hipster and use it as part of some ensemble for fashion purposes....

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (114 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3237 posts

Apr 5, 2013
I have a pair of beats mixr. Not only do they look good, but sound good, plus have a microphone in the cord, and plugs on both ear cups and can share music therefore, plus the ear cups can swivel back like pro sorts do in studios. It's not like these are so awesome, but to some people they like the way their headphones look and work. I love the look and they work for me. Everyone has their own opinion.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (97 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3237 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Oh' and I have the beats pill speaker. It is very nice, portable, great sound from any device I connect to via  cable or Bluetooth. I had a Sound blade speaker and it was trash compared to my beats pill, which also uses NFC to turn on Bluetooth connections (both my phone and tablet connect that way.)

I listen to stuff like Rob Zombie, Stone Sour, Def Tones, Chevelle, Clan of Xymox, The Cure, Vivaldi all of them and lots more, no breakup or tinniness or distortion. Charges full pretty fast. Runs on battery or plugged in. Nice carrying case. Oh, and all the beats have Monster Cables.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 5, 2013

you had to mention "monster cable",another overpriced gimmick...

just like people i have seen that use big fat 50 dollar  MC for a 100 watt speaker lol...then i show them you get the exact same performance from a piece of 1.50  telephone wire...the higher the watts the more strands of fine wire are needed and it don't matter who it comes from...copper is copper and no one copper is better than another...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (86 Views)
PlayStation MVP
10750 posts

Apr 5, 2013
I had a pair of Beats earphones. Lasted around 3ish years, finally died last week. I thought they had great sound quality, and I showed them to a coworker who is an absolute audiophile, and even he was impressed. Suffice to say, I will be buying a new pair ASAP.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (84 Views)
0 Likes