Treasure Hunter
4983 posts

Re: nobody uses headsets

Jun 5, 2013

I'll have my mic on regardless I'm playing with people I know or not. I mean, I bought a 150€ headset of course I'm gonna use it. 

I'm an introvert and if there's more than 3 people talking in the lobby I'd rather stay quiet and and listen to music instead. In addition, I usually talk only when I've got something to say. Not too often that is. 

I don't know about Battlefield since I've never played it, but in the games I play online people do use mics pretty often. 

id.png

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 26 (63 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3237 posts

Jun 5, 2013

I only have an old bluetooth earpiece I've tried, I don't like it --so I don't use it. I did try it again recently in Starhawk, but Crazy-maisy and it just don't get along.

Sometimes it would be worth it to say something (relevant to the game) but it's just easier to not. Push-To-Talk is a nice idea, but not with it being a part of the controller that moves the character that you push-to-talk. oops :robotembarrassed:

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 26 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11013 posts

Jun 5, 2013
Alright, i'll be more specific, i do use my mic all the time to hear the in game sound better. But i only talk to those who are close to me.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 26 (51 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17511 posts

Jun 5, 2013

renatabls wrote:
Alright, i'll be more specific, i do use my mic all the time to hear the in game sound better. But i only talk to those who are close to me.

May I add that it's VERY rare that you do this (or that you've been talking to people without my knowing) and that you need to be VERY close to you in order to hear your voice? That's pretty much the staple of your persona online. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 26 (46 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Jun 5, 2013

I admit, I didn't have one, until I got sick of having teams full of John Rambos, running around like blind mice on the map.

Now; I can communicate with others, or at least try to give a heads up.

I agree though, most people do not have them.  Although, I am always laughing when playing a game, and all I can hear is "Put him in the crib!", "no, don't touch that!", or random stupid singing.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 26 (36 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16220 posts

Jun 5, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

I admit, I didn't have one, until I got sick of having teams full of John Rambos, running around like blind mice on the map.

Now; I can communicate with others, or at least try to give a heads up.

I agree though, most people do not have them.  Although, I am always laughing when playing a game, and all I can hear is "Put him in the crib!", "no, don't touch that!", or random stupid singing.

Moble

That's one of the reasons I don't communicate in game most of the time although I'm able to. That and all the foul mouthed children. :smileyvery-happy: Mainly it's because I like to be immersed in the game though.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 26 (33 Views)