Apr 05 2013
By: HorrorGod Welcoming Committee 4404 posts

"Evil Dead" 10pm Premiere Screenings

[ Edited ]
7 replies 81 views Edited Apr 5, 2013

Anyone else go to one in their area? I just got home from seeing it.

Great reboot! According to the director, they plan to do 2 sequels, then Raimi will tie his trilogy and the original trilogy together in "Evil Dead 4" / "Army of Darkness 2."

If this comes true, then the reboot will actually act as an alternate universe/timeline.

Tip: Stay till the end of the credits.

If you saw it, what did you think of it?

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 1 of 8 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: "Evil Dead" 10pm Premiere Screenings

Apr 5, 2013
Hm well since it's 18A here in Canada, I can't take my brother, so I'll hopefully be able to arrange something with friends, but they don't like horror movies for some reason...
Message 2 of 8 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Apr 5, 2013

johngie wrote:
Hm well since it's 18A here in Canada, I can't take my brother, so I'll hopefully be able to arrange something with friends, but they don't like horror movies for some reason...

Do they not like horror movies because they are scared of them? Or because it's just not a genre they enjoy?

If you've seen the original, you kinda know what to expect. It's more over the top gore than scary.

With a little bit of humor. If they follow the trend of the original series, I'm sure each sequel will become more comedy/horror than horror/comedy.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 3 of 8 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 5, 2013
I think it's because they find them predictable. Even when ones such as this come out, ones that buck the trend, they refuse Smiley Sad

I actually haven't seen any of the older ones yet. I know I definitely should. And I think it was an interview with the director I read, where he said that if they went ahead with a sequel, it would be more "escalation", like what happens in the second half of the movie. Which I suppose sounds good? Seeing as I have yet to see this "escalation".
Message 4 of 8 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Apr 5, 2013

johngie wrote:
I think it's because they find them predictable. Even when ones such as this come out, ones that buck the trend, they refuse Smiley Sad

I actually haven't seen any of the older ones yet. I know I definitely should. And I think it was an interview with the director I read, where he said that if they went ahead with a sequel, it would be more "escalation", like what happens in the second half of the movie. Which I suppose sounds good? Seeing as I have yet to see this "escalation".

I would check out the original first then. If you have Netflix, you should check and see if it's on there. (I don't have Netflix anymore, so I don't know.)

You would probably enjoy and appreciate the "reboot" more, because you will understand all the references to the original.

Message 5 of 8 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Will do. Thanks, cap'n Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Horror is not a genre I particularly like.... of the few movies I have seen recently (in the past 2 years), they just don't "do it" for me.... 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 7 of 8 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Apr 5, 2013

johngie wrote:
Will do. Thanks, cap'n Smiley Happy

Don't bother checking johngie, it's not on there. Canadian Netflix is crappy.

On topic: I hope to go watch it Saturday night!!

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 8 of 8 (45 Views)
0 Likes