Treasure Hunter
4404 posts

Re: "MLP:FiM" Official Thread

Jan 8, 2013

I gonna let Sweetie Belle speak for the whole thing. Smiley Wink

That episode was one of the best CMC ones. The song is stuck in my head! 

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 741 of 2,117 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Naughty Paw
20554 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

Hopping in real quick to share a picture!

I got back to work after my holiday break and found that Trawnza left these two gifts on my desk for me:

(For the record I got her a penguin that talks... kinda)

IMG_1537.JPG

And this is why both you and Trawnza are awesome.

This really has me contemplating getting a job with you guys in the future. You better stay with your job long enough if I do. Smiley Tongue

Message 742 of 2,117 (261 Views)
Naughty Paw
20554 posts

Jan 12, 2013
http://www.rockband.com/leaderboards

Playstation 3 ~> Song Performance Rank ~> Pro Keys ~> Type "Discord" ~> Discord (The Living Tombstone Remix) ~> Look at ranks

Only 99% Smiley Tongue
Message 743 of 2,117 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
10373 posts

Jan 12, 2013

So much talk about Twilight Sparkle becoming an alicorn. Smiley Mad Not Twily! I don't think this alicorn talk is relevant at the moment. She's not becoming an alicorn in this season or I'll eat my edible shoe. 

What are your thoughts about season 3 so far? I think it's been okay. Not as good as season 1 and 2 but it's still been enjoyable to watch an episode on Saturday evenings. I try not to put too much expectations for the next episode, but I've got a feeling it's going to be epic. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 744 of 2,117 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3428 posts

Jan 12, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

So much talk about Twilight Sparkle becoming an alicorn. Smiley Mad Not Twily! I don't think this alicorn talk is relevant at the moment. She's not becoming an alicorn in this season or I'll eat my edible shoe. 

What are your thoughts about season 3 so far? I think it's been okay. Not as good as season 1 and 2 but it's still been enjoyable to watch an episode on Saturday evenings. I try not to put too much expectations for the next episode, but I've got a feeling it's going to be epic. 

I feel this season has been rather below the standard of the episodes of seasons 1 and 2.  

Majority of the episodes felt forced, or just really mediocre.  Also, no new episodes for a bit is going to such.

Hate to say it, but I'm seeing some fanfic/readings that are more enjoyable than Season 3.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 745 of 2,117 (231 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Out of curiosity, how would it be possible that Twilight could become an alicorn? Are alicorns just evolved unicorns? I always thought they were a different race...
I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 746 of 2,117 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
10373 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

Crimsonine wrote:
Out of curiosity, how would it be possible that Twilight could become an alicorn? Are alicorns just evolved unicorns? I always thought they were a different race...

I think so too, but there's a lot discussion going on about Twilight evolving into alicorn. Princess Cadance is an alicorn and I highly doubt she earned it, which makes me think alicorns are born that way. It's all just speculation. Isn't it fun to speculate and analyze a children's tv series? Smiley Happy

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 747 of 2,117 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3428 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Also the question whether Alicorns are immortal.  We can see Granny Smith is well aged, but not so much in the flashback regarding Aj's youth.  Obviously Celestia and Luna are quite old considering Luna was on the moon for 1000 years.  Luna's banishment was considered essentially an old tall tale to residents of Equesteria, so apparently non-alicorns age and die as we'd expect.

On that note; has anyone read or listened to Upheaval Reckoning/Breaking Point?  Amazing fan-fic, although not really like the series. Smiley Very Happy

Message 748 of 2,117 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4404 posts

Jan 13, 2013

With magic and friendship, anything could happen. Just poof the wings, and you got legendary "Alicorn" Twilight. Maybe that state will be temporary just like Rarity with butterfly wings. Until 13th episode is revealed, we can't be so sure. Actually, it could happen in 12th episode. 

Spoiler

Episode Title: Games Ponies Play
Air Date: February 9, 2013
Synopsis: Princess Cadance invites Twilight and her friends to welcome the important Equestria Games inspector.

I think there are a lot of questions on Princess Cadence more than on Celestia and Luna. Where did she come from? Is she immortal? Is her primary purpose serving the Crystal Empire based on her cutie mark? WIll she have alicorn babies? (lol, too soon) Once again, it's a children' show. ID-69 hits that spot. 

So today, I bought MLP:FiM comic issue 2. The good thing about this chapter is more visual interactions, new canon characters, and the map. I love them. The bad thing about it is the mane six being overdramatic after everything they have gone through from the season one imo. What a tragedy. Nonetheless, I'm still looking forward to the next issue and see what lie ahead for the mane six. 

Spoiler
Did Derpy just transformed into a spider? Smiley Surprised

Here's some recent promo video! I hope the last 4 episodes are going to be the best! SPOILERS included.

Have some bubbles and puff!

Oh, have some epic rap battle too!

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 749 of 2,117 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20554 posts

Jan 13, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Since Twilight is my favorite pony, I have no qualms with her growing wings. Not one bit. Smiley Tongue

I've really liked Season 3. Even though so many people have been calling it "forced" or "fan service," I still really enjoy watching new episodes.

Message 750 of 2,117 (201 Views)
0 Likes