Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Re: "MLP:FiM" Official Thread

May 12, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
I watched my first episode last night. :smileyvery-happy:

Welcome to the herd. We have.....cupcakes.

In two weeks of forum activity, I became friends with a Playstation MVP and got a hater in the form of one of the most well-known forumers. Oh yeah.

GIFSoup
Please use plain text.
Message 991 of 1,969 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4411 posts

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2013

jackwhitefoot wrote:

NikeMurphDawg wrote:

Welcome to the herd. We have.....cupcakes.

Yeah, rainbow-colored ones. 

Not sure if I should get some series 2 MLP trading cards or not.

Clock is ticking

I don't really collect any MLP merchandise but opening MLP cards feels as joyful as opening Pokemon cards as a kid. 

Starngely enough the packs still come with standees and temporary tattoos. Thought the survay would've had more impact.

Please use plain text.
Message 992 of 1,969 (413 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16877 posts

May 12, 2013

FredFai wrote:

NikeMurphDawg wrote:

Keep going! 

My god, what did the baby do to Lazarevic and Hitman? Love Uncharted. Wonder if they ever will become bronies. 

Don't tell me you've forgotten already...

Among Ponies

http://jacobminkoff.com/2011/07/11/omgponies111/

"being the online portfolio of a professional game designer at Naughty Dog Inc. in Santa Monica, California."

I remember when this was first posted a long while ago. It was pretty neat. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 993 of 1,969 (407 Views)
Fender Bender
4260 posts

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

FredFai wrote:

NikeMurphDawg wrote:

Keep going! 

My god, what did the baby do to Lazarevic and Hitman? Love Uncharted. Wonder if they ever will become bronies. 

Among Ponies

"being the online portfolio of a professional game designer at Naughty Dog Inc. in Santa Monica, California."

I remember when this was first posted a long while ago. It was pretty neat. :smileyvery-happy:

Oh right. Well, Lazarevic and Hitman, to be exactly. :smileytongue: 

Were the forums ranting about one of ND employees being a brony? I don't think I was there. 

EDIT:

This comic... liquid pride. Recommanded.

Spoiler

Another funny comic!

Spoiler

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 994 of 1,969 (403 Views)
Fender Bender
2483 posts

May 12, 2013

do you people like cupcakes ? :smileyhappy:

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 995 of 1,969 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

May 13, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

do you people like cupcakes ? :smileyhappy:

Wait...Pinkie..what are you doing? OH GOD NO THANK GOD THAT WASN'T TWILIGHT

In two weeks of forum activity, I became friends with a Playstation MVP and got a hater in the form of one of the most well-known forumers. Oh yeah.

GIFSoup
Please use plain text.
Message 996 of 1,969 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

May 13, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

FredFai wrote:

NikeMurphDawg wrote:

Keep going! 

Among Ponies

You sir, combined a great tv show with the best game series of all time. I clop to that.

GIFSoup
Please use plain text.
Message 997 of 1,969 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4260 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

Cupcakes? I take them! 

... Equestria Girls trailer is finally out. Discuss. It's pony related, and I'm okay with discussing Equestria Girls here. 

At first, I was like... 

But then...

What have Hasbro done? Are they out of their mind?!  They made "a new bold move" alright, but right off the cliff to the endless depths of ridiculousness and humiliation. They must have the wrong idea of what fans want unless they only make this movie for marketing their brand new "barbies" targeting for the young girls. 

I'm going to predict the grades for the movie based on the trailer. Yeah, shame on me for one of the bad guys for disrespecting all-powerful and magical Twilight and judging the cover of the book. 

Story (-B): The only good part is the ponies in Equestria. The bad part is the rest of the high school in the human world. However, the atmosphere of friendship and the characterazation somewhat feel the same and still hang in there. It just might be "the trump card" of the movie. Hopefully, there may be some humors. 

Concept (-D): Pony + Humanization + High School = Bland high school drama along with the bad character design. Bronies' rants will be more entertaining than this movie. 

Design (-F): Probably the biggest issue in the movie. I hate all of the human character design. Fluttershy is not even cute anymore. :smileymad:

Animation (+C): It feels weird and stiffy in the human world. I may be biased, and I don't know if it's the same creative team on DHX.

Music (-A): The music starts nicely in the trailer. I like it. Knowing Daniel Ingram, he would make a homerun in the movie, according to his tweet. 

Quality (+C): Meh. Well, maybe a wee little curiousity. 

Conclusion:

I will not go to the theaters for this movie nor buying DVD. I will not support this kind of abomination with my money, and I highly enourage these actions to teach Hasbro a lesson to avoid this "disaster". Please, I don't want this to be the new series. Wow, I sound like a butt hurt ND fanboy who try to told everyone to boycott TLoU because of Uncharted failures. Anyway, I will only watch the movie either on television or Youtube to see how it goes, and I don't care if it takes weeks, months, or even a year. I'm willing to watch it with a open heart and a open mind. 

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 998 of 1,969 (351 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4411 posts

May 13, 2013

I said I wouldn't care to watch the Bronycon document, but I downloaded it the very next day. This Equestrian Girls is different though. My Little Pony appeals to all ages but judging by the trailer EQ looks like it's no different than any existing girls' show. Again, if it does get a positive reception, I might just watch it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 999 of 1,969 (338 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9206 posts

May 13, 2013

1,000th post. :smileyhappy:

I'm willing to give it a chance. Who knows, it could be better than the original series.

Please use plain text.
Message 1000 of 1,969 (336 Views)
0 Likes