First Son
9 posts

Re: "MLP:FiM" Official Thread

Jun 19, 2013

My PS3 bricked from update 4.45 and was looking at threads in support to find a fix.  After coming up empty handed I am a little bummed and started browsing, then I found this thread.  Being a casual brony for about 2 years now, I figured I could use a little cheering up.

Anyway, I saw Equestria Girls on Sunday.  It was pretty good.  I'm not gonna spoil nothing, but I can say that it definitely sticks with the themes of the original show.  I expected it to be better than post people were seeming to worry about, but I was still pretty floored that they pulled it off so seemlessly.  It really feels like a 2 part season finale (and it is only slightly longer than one, running just over an hour long.)

Message 1171 of 2,117 (375 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Kobold_Asylum wrote:

My PS3 bricked from update 4.45 and was looking at threads in support to find a fix.  After coming up empty handed I am a little bummed and started browsing, then I found this thread.  Being a casual brony for about 2 years now, I figured I could use a little cheering up.

Anyway, I saw Equestria Girls on Sunday.  It was pretty good.  I'm not gonna spoil nothing, but I can say that it definitely sticks with the themes of the original show.  I expected it to be better than post people were seeming to worry about, but I was still pretty floored that they pulled it off so seemlessly.  It really feels like a 2 part season finale (and it is only slightly longer than one, running just over an hour long.)

Something to cheer you up.

Brony Memes IRL

Message 1172 of 2,117 (363 Views)
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2015

Message 1173 of 2,117 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6931 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Fluttershy and Angel.pngIt's been a while since I haven't posted anything. My question for you people, has anyone seen the movie yet because I feel really hopeless about the spin-off. It sounds like a quick cash-in then again I could be wrong.

Message 1174 of 2,117 (328 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Jun 22, 2013

I saw it on launch day.  It was actually pretty good.  If felt more like a 2 part episode than a movie, which I feel to be a good thing. And I overheard a lot of the other people in the theatre saying it was good too.

Message 1175 of 2,117 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9211 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Kobold_Asylum wrote:

I saw it on launch day.  It was actually pretty good.  If felt more like a 2 part episode than a movie, which I feel to be a good thing. And I overheard a lot of the other people in the theatre saying it was good too.

Interesting that a lot of folks find it good or decent. I still wish instead of EQG they made a full pony movie. Just think of the potential. A Canterlot Wedding is my favorite 2 part episode in the show but it feels kinda rushed. But of course they needed to "expand" the brand for business. Heh, again I'm being negative about EQG but I feel it's against Lauren Faust's vision of the show. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 1176 of 2,117 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20315 posts

Jun 22, 2013

A Tree

Message 1177 of 2,117 (287 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6931 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Canterlot Part 2 was by far my favorite episode from the series. I'm hoping that season 4 will have more episodes like that.

As for the movie, back then, I thought to myself that since Hasbro already worked on Transformers and hell even Battleship, I was positive that they're going to work on My Little Pony. I did not expect it to be a spin-off which is probably why fans are upset over this. I'll wait till it's released on DVD & Blu-ray since I have other excellent movies I want to watch: Man of Steel, Monsters University, This is the End, and World War Z.

Message 1178 of 2,117 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6931 posts

Jun 22, 2013

I'd like to make a sub-topic for season 4. Here's mine:

- Have episodes for non-main characters like Lyra, Doctor Whooves, and dare I say Derpy. They did a great job with "A Friend in Deed" by using a main character and a side character as the 2 focuses for the episode. They should incorporate that style in order not to completely set the mane 6 aside.

- There was not one Rarity episode for season 3. They'll definitely have a few for this season.

- I'd like Gilda to return for another episode.

- In season 3, they'd mention about Starswirl the Bearded. Who knows, he might make an appearance maybe.

- After seeing the last episode of season 3, Twilight Sparkle was at her all time low in one scene. I'd like to see more of that for future episodes.

- I've never seen the 1980's movie My Little Pony before, but is it true that there were sea horses in the film? Hasbro should bring them on season 4.

Post your suggestions people.

Message 1179 of 2,117 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9211 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Juan1992 wrote:

I'd like to make a sub-topic for season 4. Here's mine:

- Have episodes for non-main characters like Lyra, Doctor Whooves, and dare I say Derpy. They did a great job with "A Friend in Deed" by using a main character and a side character as the 2 focuses for the episode. They should incorporate that style in order not to completely set the mane 6 aside.

- There was not one Rarity episode for season 3. They'll definitely have a few for this season.

- I'd like Gilda to return for another episode.

- In season 3, they'd mention about Starswirl the Bearded. Who knows, he might make an appearance maybe.

- After seeing the last episode of season 3, Twilight Sparkle was at her all time low in one scene. I'd like to see more of that for future episodes.

- I've never seen the 1980's movie My Little Pony before, but is it true that there were sea horses in the film? Hasbro should bring them on season 4.

Post your suggestions people.

Hahaha, no. Absolutely not. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 1180 of 2,117 (251 Views)
0 Likes