Last Guardian
9459 posts

Re: "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" Official Thread

Mar 20, 2013

I respect your opinion, but personally I do not like dark magic in MLP:FiM so much. In my opinion Magic Duel was a bit too dark episode. Not saying it was bad, but it's not the kind of episode I like the best in this series. Oddly enough A Canterlot Wedding is my favorite due to it's epicness, but episodes that makes you feel happy are the best.

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 881 of 2,117 (944 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Help Mane6 Studios!

Message 882 of 2,117 (938 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9459 posts

Mar 27, 2013

I just opened my first MLP fun packs ( trading cards ) the other day. I was supposed to make an unboxing video ( kind of ) but maybe next time. I'm definitely not going to get all the cards, because it would be out of my budget. 

Here's few cards I have ( got the Fluttershy from a survey months ago ).  

kuva 002.JPG

id 69 signature

Message 883 of 2,117 (908 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20402 posts

Mar 27, 2013

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234085

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 3/26/2013 (North America) and 3/27/2013 (Europe):

Eurobeat Brony ft. Odyssey - “Discord (EuroChaos Mix)” ($0.99), Pop/Dance/Electronic

Twi Yes

I... can't believe it actually came. It had 2 chances and it made it... I.... : ' )

It came out yesterday. I am so happy it made it. Smiley Happy

Message 884 of 2,117 (902 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9459 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Eurobeat Brony ft. Odyssey - “Discord (EuroChaos Mix)” ($0.99), Pop/Dance/Electronic

You aren't getting sick of the song already? And TLT's Discord remix is better. 

id 69 signature

Message 885 of 2,117 (899 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20402 posts

Mar 27, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

You aren't getting sick of the song already? And TLT's Discord remix is better. 

To me, the EuroChaos Mix is much better. TLT's version is good, but I prefer the faster pace of the original version. Plus, the EuroChaos Mix will be much more fun to play on Rock Band, considering how slow and simple TLT's Mix is on the game.

It's all personal opinion. Neither version is bad, but I just prefer this one.

Message 886 of 2,117 (897 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9459 posts

Mar 31, 2013

The fanmade episode Double Rainboom premiere airs in about 10 minutes from now on Everfree. I've seen the first half and I really liked the animation but is the story going to be as good, we'll see, soon. I'm going to post my thoughts later. Smiley Happy 

id 69 signature

Message 887 of 2,117 (877 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20402 posts

Mar 31, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

The fanmade episode Double Rainboom premiere airs in about 10 minutes from now on Everfree. I've seen the first half and I really liked the animation but is the story going to be as good, we'll see, soon. I'm going to post my thoughts later. Smiley Happy 

It has potential, yes. I was just kind of surprised of how meme-filled it got at the end.

I'll watch it another time via Youtube or something. If you're going to post spoilers on it, please spoiler tag it, or just avoid spoiling the story.

Also, if you find the whole thing on Youtube, feel free to post it. Smiley Happy

Spoiler
There was a troll face in the potion's dust cloud.

Message 888 of 2,117 (813 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9459 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

Alright, I'm gonna make this quick and spoiler-free.

It did have a lot of references. References everywhere. Because this is a fanmade episode, I think it's quite alright to have fan service. The animation was very nice as I mentioned in my post above. This episode had been in production almost a year I believe and it really shows. 

I was a bit sceptical how the story would turn out, but it wasn't half bad. There's going to be a plot twist in the middle that you'll either like or meh. I think they managed to pull it off quite well and I was satisfied with the outcome. Still, the story was a bit lacking in my humble opinion. Everybrony should definitely check it out, here's the episode in it's entirety on youtube. 

EDIT: First I say the story wasn't half bad and then it's lacking may sound a little contradictory. What I mean is that the story isn't this episode's selling point. Watch it without too high expectations, and you'll enjoy the ride. 

id 69 signature

Message 889 of 2,117 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4393 posts

Mar 31, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Alright, I'm gonna make this quick and spoiler-free.

It did have a lot of references. References everywhere. Because this is a fanmade episode, I think it's quite alright to have fan service. The animation was very nice as I mentioned in my post above. This episode had been in production almost a year I believe and it really shows. 

I was a bit sceptical how the story would turn out, but it wasn't half bad. There's going to be a plot twist in the middle that you'll either like or meh. I think they managed to pull it off quite well and I was satisfied with the outcome. Still, the story was a bit lacking in my humble opinion. Everybrony should definitely check it out, here's the episode in it's entirety on youtube. 

While almost everypony makes a criticism against this FANMADE episode that took about 54 weeks to finish, I actually liked it for once. The presentation and animation are well praised as well. As for the story and voices... I will leave that to you. I would rate it 4 out of 5 stars imo. 

Spoiler
Woah, Ididnotexpectacrossover. Somanychildhoodmemories. I know I saw thatfamiliarwhale before, but I couldn't recall. Anyway, the nostalgia wave didn't hurt, and it made the episode worthwhile. 

Have anyone seen "Snowdrop?" Very touching and bittersweet for a short fanmade episode. 

Coming in winter, huh? I'll be in the college, that's for sure. Maybe I'll watch the show in a public cafe, lol. I expect a new character and more Discord since Celestria needs him for whatever reason. 

I couldn't believe I didn't leave comment for a long time, but hey, better late than never. Meanwhile... 

Studying is Harsh Training

I'm on a a huge AP exam (college exams for American high schoolers) review for this month, so yeah, I'm too busy for the forums and gaming life. I wish you luck if you got big important stuff to do, and have a great spring break! 

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 890 of 2,117 (324 Views)
0 Likes