Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Re: whats your favorite car

Jun 1, 2013

1966 Lincoln Continental. Some custom jobs make them them look so sexy.

Hell, even when stock, they are sexy.

One day... I will have one... 

'66 Lincoln Continental

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 41 of 65 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Jun 1, 2013

JR1.jpg

Not my car but Heart it!!!

Message 42 of 65 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
10395 posts

Jun 1, 2013

</thread>

[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[My Power Shall Be Absolute! #Vergil]
Message 43 of 65 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3407 posts

Jun 1, 2013

I may sound stupid here, but this is the car that I would want.

GM Silthouette (1990)

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 44 of 65 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Why the specifc car though?

What appeals to you?

Message 45 of 65 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jun 4, 2013

xChrisGTRx wrote:

GTR R34.jpg

My dream car been in love with this car ever since i was a little kid the GTR R34 hints the psn name 

Move to Japan and you can get one for $10k USD. Or wait another 10 years until R34's are 25 years old to be federally exempt from the current importation rules and regs.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 46 of 65 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

racer987654 wrote:

bugatti

Meh, I don't like the Bugatti Veyron very much. Why? (Sorry, Short rant coming up) It's not as great as people say it is. 16 cylinders and 4 turbos is just silly. It weighs nearly 2 tons. It is crazy expensive. It's not a "driver's car".

Which is to say, that's just why I don't like it. In my opinion, if you like a 260 MPH luxury cruiser, the Veyron's for you. However, if you want a 260 MPH driver's car (as is with me), the SSC Ultimate Aero is for you. Or maybe the Venom GT, if you like kit cars.

And besides, I think the Ultimate Aero is more of an engineering masterpiece than the Veyron. The Ultimate Aero has more horsepower than the Veyron SS, but accomplises this with half the cylinders, half the turbos, and at half the price of the standard Veyron. It's engine is also nearly 2 liters smaller and the car weighs over half a ton less.

If SSC fulfills their promise by making the Tuatara (pronounced too-uh-TAR-uh), that car will be epic. 1350 BHP at nearly 280 MPH, anyone?

sscgallery_g15-8

And Hennessey just built a similar car.... Venom GT. With an unofficial speed of 260mph using a stretched Lotus chassis and a Corvette V8 with twin turbo's.....

SSC's Aero was similarly built. Used a twin-turbo Chevy V8 with LOADS of boost. The Veyron's engine is not even stressed.
The Veyron also has 4 turbo's because with 2 turbos, there would be a lot of lag because of the necessary physical size they need to be to be able to handle the amount of airflow both in and out the engine is obscene.
They Veyron's W16 also makes closer to 3000hp in the most ideal conditions.... but it "makes" 1000hp, as the rest of the power is lost due to the insane heat energy the engine produces.

Audi had to rebuild their engine test center when they found out that their exhaust air vents were too small because it would build up in the engine dyno room and drastically lower the engines total output.

Yes, its nice that you can do "more with less".... but just remember, the smaller engine making more power is more stressed than a fully engineered engine that can handle the task and do so for the next 40+ years. You're not going to engineer a Chevy V8 to do that unless you contract Chevy to create a similar engine.

ANYONE, can put loads of boost into a car and make 1000+hp these days.... there are 3.0Liter 6 cylinder engines making that power now. The question falls into, how long will it last.

The Tuatara is a LONG way off from actually realizing its lofty goals. They want to use the same Veyron type of engineering, so its going to cost A LOT.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 47 of 65 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Jun 4, 2013

All internal combustion engines waste a lot of power through heat. The Veyron and Ultimate Aero both "make" over 3000 bhp, with over half of that lost through heat. Less of it is lost in the Ultimate Aero, however. The Ultimate Aero only has 8 radiators, compared with the Veyron's 10.

It's also worth note that, although the 2007 Ultimate Aero uses a modified Chevrolet engine, the 2009 Ultimate Aero and Tuatara use an SSC built engine, truly completing it as a "production car" rather than a kit/tuner car, such as the Venom GT.

Also, SSC recently tested their 6.9-liter V8 for the Tuatara, and found it is "easily capable of over 1700 HP" but was turned back to 1350 bhp for safety and reliability.

I don't hate the Veyron. I just don't like it nearly as much as the SSC Ultimate Aero (2009 MY, preferably). I'm sure the Veyron is a much more comfortable ride than the Ultimate Aero. But in terms of speed and performance, the Ultimate Aero annihilates it. Like I said, if you want a 260 MPH luxury cruiser, get a Veyron. If you want a 260 MPH driver's car, get an Ultimate Aero.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 48 of 65 (51 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jun 4, 2013

I have too many, but these are two of my current favorites:

Pagani Zonda R2009-Pagani-Zonda-R-Side-Angle-1920x1440.jpg

and the Toyota Hilux that Top Gear usedtoyota1.jpg

Message 49 of 65 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7157 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Speedy24xmax wrote:

regularbender wrote:

Probably any Lambo

I'm still attached to the latest Koenigsegg.
Message 50 of 65 (34 Views)