Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
25201 posts
 

Re: why did presidents start showing their teeth in their pictures

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

i find with the fact that being president of the usa is a temp job anyway

presidents should take it more serious and even in their pictures just cause we can smile

doesnt mean we should smile and not look professional


 

So he should be 100% serious every waking minute of every day? He's the preident, not a "gamer".

 

Even Lincoln was said to have a great sense of humor, and he loved to tell dirty jokes.

Message 21 of 32 (67 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
29963 posts
 

Re: why did presidents start showing their teeth in their pictures

Jul 30, 2014

no the president should be positive and joyful etc

but at least in the picture they should look professional

not like hey guys look at me im president teehee

 


Message 22 of 32 (62 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
25201 posts
 

Re: why did presidents start showing their teeth in their pictures

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2014

For the record, this is the ACTUAL presidential portrait of Pres. Barack Obama.

 

Official Portrait

 

It actually has the distinction of being the first presidential portrait taken with a digital camera. Look to be keeping in line with many of the others. Just because he doesn't look like some brooding, dour, and sullen charircature of a human being, doesn't mean he's not taking the job seriously.

 

Compare that to his predecessor. Note: Bush had more than one portrait taken.

 

Dubya

 

http://www.georgewbushlibrary.smu.edu/~/media/GWBL/Images/Galleries/Lithography/P25695-23.ashx

Message 23 of 32 (55 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
29963 posts
 

Re: why did presidents start showing their teeth in their pictures

Jul 30, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

For the record, this is the ACTUAL presidential portrait of Pres. Barack Obama.

 

Official Portrait

 

It actually has the distinction of being the first presidential portrait taken with a digital camera. Look to be keeping in line with many of the others. Just because he doesn't look like some brooding, dour, and sullen charircature of a human being, doesn't mean he's not taking the job seriously.


ohh is that the official one?

 


Message 24 of 32 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
25201 posts
 

Re: why did presidents start showing their teeth in their pictures

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

For the record, this is the ACTUAL presidential portrait of Pres. Barack Obama.

 

Official Portrait

 

It actually has the distinction of being the first presidential portrait taken with a digital camera. Look to be keeping in line with many of the others. Just because he doesn't look like some brooding, dour, and sullen charircature of a human being, doesn't mean he's not taking the job seriously.


ohh is that the official one?

 


Yes, that's the one that goes into all the Federal government buildings. This was Nixon's.

 

Nixon

 

And Reagan's...

 

Reagan

Message 25 of 32 (49 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
29963 posts
 

Re: why did presidents start showing their teeth in their pictures

Jul 30, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

For the record, this is the ACTUAL presidential portrait of Pres. Barack Obama.

 

Official Portrait

 

It actually has the distinction of being the first presidential portrait taken with a digital camera. Look to be keeping in line with many of the others. Just because he doesn't look like some brooding, dour, and sullen charircature of a human being, doesn't mean he's not taking the job seriously.


ohh is that the official one?

 


Yes, that's the one that goes into all the Federal government buildings. This was Nixon's.

 

Nixon


well wikipedia really needs to get their things straight

 


Message 26 of 32 (42 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
29963 posts
 

Re: why did presidents start showing their teeth in their pictures

Jul 30, 2014
Message 27 of 32 (39 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
25201 posts
 

Re: why did presidents start showing their teeth in their pictures

Jul 30, 2014

Presidents do have paintings that are commissioned for historical purposes, but as far as photographs go the ones you see in government buildings are "official".

Message 28 of 32 (36 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/17/2013
Offline
644 posts
 

Re: why did presidents start showing their teeth in their pictures

Jul 30, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

wikipedia says it this one

 

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_portrait_%28United_States%29

 


Wait...


You mean Wikipedia might actually be wrong about something?

Blasphemy.

Message 29 of 32 (35 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
25201 posts
 

Re: why did presidents start showing their teeth in their pictures

Jul 30, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

wikipedia says it this one

 

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8d/President_Barack_Obama.jpg/640px-President_Barack_Obama.jpg

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_portrait_%28United_States%29

 


Those very nice oil paintings along with this one, are the ones that go into the National Gallery.

Message 30 of 32 (32 Views)
Reply
0 Likes