Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1402 posts

Re: why...why do people like this

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

because its catchy, and some people tend to like things like this, regardless of how "bad" someone else thinks it is...

You also have to consider the fact that this isn't far separated from what we have here in the northwest hemisphere.

very smart man here. typed the words my fingers were suppose to do .

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 33 (133 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14392 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2013

MJB2348765 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

what is appealing about this?

Because there have nothing better to do, and since PSY made Gangman style he became famous on Youtube. People just look at it to see if they can dance to or something, they truly don't know or understand the art of KPOP.  

bwahahaha....

I suppose I simply perpetuated it. I watched it simply to see how bad it was.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 33 (125 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4890 posts

Apr 14, 2013
I'm not sure why people listen to this guy. He looks like a South Korean version of Ricky Gervais, and with all these "dances" he's just another Soulja Boy. A ton of people here in the US like and listen to him, but he's said before that he doesn't like the US. Kinda stupid.
 photo enemy_zpsb0542811.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 33 (120 Views)
PlayStation MVP
31900 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

the current generation we live in is extremely retarded.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 33 (112 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote: but he's said before that he doesn't like the US. Kinda stupid.

Please provide proof.... I've seen many people say this, but hardly anyone provides much proof except for quoting some lyrics in a song.

Besides.... who cares what he likes/don't likes.... everyone likes money, everyone likes to groove/feel good.... So you tend to move to doing things that you may not consciously agree with, but you can't help but move to the music.

If you have something against someone just because they have a certain opinion about something, regardless if it doesn't actually directly affect you, except in the idealistic sense, then you have nothing to complain about.

I know many people who don't like a race or nationality of a specific people, but that doesn't mean they can't be TOLERANT.

Saying something like that is pure ignorance, shows how small minded people can really be. 

And you can't take things too seriously.... then you become a debbie-downer.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 33 (97 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

Apr 15, 2013

MJB2348765 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Because there have nothing better to do, and since PSY made Gangman style he became famous on Youtube. People just look at it to see if they can dance to or something, they truly don't know or understand the art of KPOP.  

He's been famous WELL BEFORE youtube..... 

The only thing youtube has one for him, and many other like him that are already superstars in their respective countries, is to introduce others to their style/culture.

I knew about PSY almost  6 years ago when I was stationed in Japan for a brief time.... I kept seeing his music videos all over the place, even doing commercials.... I couldn't understand anything, but it sure as heck was catchy enough to pay attention.

No matter how something looks, remember that "retarded" or "crazy" songs like this they usually have their place.... in this case, its club music. Its also a conversation starter as popular as it is.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 33 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4890 posts

Apr 15, 2013
http://nation.foxnews.com/gangnam-style-rapper/2012/12/08/does-south-korean-gangnam-style-rapper-psy...

I didn't say I had anything against him, but I don't understand why people like him when he's said he doesn't like the US. It's not ignorance on my part. And if someone disrespects your country, don't take it too seriously?

When the planes hit the World Trade Center, we shouldn't have taken that too seriously. We wouldn't want to be debbie-downers.

I could destroy that logic.
 photo enemy_zpsb0542811.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 33 (82 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3322 posts

Apr 15, 2013

What's appealing about doing The Wave ... ugh. It doesn't have a surety of origins, but it grew so freaky mighty and still rears it's ugly head. Many of us no doubt also lived through The Macarena craze. Lots of people like these things. I think it's embarrassing to take part in stuff like that.

In other words, it's unappealing to me. Sometimes it seems things are so popular like this just to make us opposing people uncomfortable.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 33 (74 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Apr 15, 2013

It all hurts my head.  Just not my thing.  Of course, when the number one show on television is Dancing with the Stars....  Well I will let you come to your own conclusions.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 33 (73 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

Apr 15, 2013

people dont think its appealing

they just see other people doing it making them want to do it

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 33 (72 Views)