Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 21 2010
By: TreeGrl First Son 6 posts

My 60GB YOLD How can I retrive PS store content on new machine

6 replies 10 views Edited Jan 21, 2010
I Have just lost my Fat Ps3 to the "YLOD"! I've called in , the coffin is on its way, But my question is, With my new Machine, How can I retrive all my purchases from playstaion store...??? Can I just use my old online user ID and information, I have Game shared on my old machine, would that effect my account information and my ability to get it all back? I have spent quite a bit of money collecting games and DLC??? Please help , Thanks TreeGrl
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2610 posts

Re: My 60GB YOLD How can I retrive PS store content on new machine

Jan 21, 2010
just use your old online user ID and information and if you shared games it will effect you account your only allowed certain number of download times i think its 5
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (10 Views)
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Jan 21, 2010

IIITRU3M4STAIII wrote:
just use your old online user ID and information and if you shared games it will effect you account your only allowed certain number of download times i think its 5

You can redownload anything as many times as you want. However, you can only redownload it on up to 5 PS3s.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (10 Views)
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Jan 21, 2010

TreeGrl wrote:
I Have just lost my Fat Ps3 to the "YLOD"! I've called in , the coffin is on its way, But my question is, With my new Machine, How can I retrive all my purchases from playstaion store...??? Can I just use my old online user ID and information, I have Game shared on my old machine, would that effect my account information and my ability to get it all back? I have spent quite a bit of money collecting games and DLC??? Please help , Thanks TreeGrl

you can reload any games purchased but the game saves are toast
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (10 Views)
Wastelander
755 posts

Jan 21, 2010
has anyone tried to take the harddrive out and hooking it up to a computer??
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (10 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1166 posts

Jan 21, 2010

I haven't tried hooking it up to my computer but the hard-drive will not work on a different PS3. Tried saving all my content when my 60gig YLOD last spring and when I put it into a refurb PS3 it said I had to reformat before I could use it.

Likely the same thing when installing to a PC.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (10 Views)
Fender Bender
3014 posts

Jan 21, 2010
I had to go through this too. When I tried to get stuff back I went through the store and looked for things with the red tag that I had bought but it wouldn't let me redownload it directly from there. What you have to do is go through your list of previously downloaded items and just select them from there and voila.

Disclaimer: All trophies are owned and not the result of rentals or falsified profile downloads.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (10 Views)