Aug 07 2009
By: GENjackOniell Sackboy 550 posts

Namco Museum Stamp glitch!!

6 replies 4 views Edited Aug 7, 2009

I am meeting the requirements for two stamp which the game wont give me on XEVIOUS...

1. i have reached level 16 and recieved no stamp!

2. i have killed hundreds of the the tanks tha move when you bomb them and no stamp has been givien for it..

anyone else having trouble recieving the the stamps needed to get the trophy's

Message 1 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1224 posts

Re: Namco Museum Stamp glitch!!

Aug 7, 2009
Message 2 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5432 posts

Aug 7, 2009

1) You have to clear area 16, so you need to make it to area 17.

You can start on any of the area you made it to, so just start on area 16 and make it to area 17 and you'll be set. 

2) You have to destroy a specific grobda (tank). To get it, you need to defeat the 2nd moving tank at end of area 7.

Note that this tank will roll down once it senses that you have the reticle on it (moving up from its lower edge). You need to shoot a bomb about 3/4 the length of a tank just below it and then trigger it so that it rolls forward and into the bomb you already shot. The game gives you a nice audible jingle when you defeat it.

If you miss, you'll be on area 8, so just keep starting from area 7 and keep trying until you get it. If I'm not mistaken, there's another tank that works at the end of an area (I'm not sure of exact area number for this one but I think it's 15. It does also have the audible jingle) but the one in 7 is much easier to get as there are fewer enemies around.

Good luck! 

Note: I have all the stamps for Xevious. 

--

I neither work nor speak for SCEA;
the views expressed in this message are solely my own.
Message 3 of 7 (4 Views)
Sackboy
550 posts

Aug 8, 2009

pasufarin wrote:

1) You have to clear area 16, so you need to make it to area 17.

You can start on any of the area you made it to, so just start on area 16 and make it to area 17 and you'll be set. 

2) You have to destroy a specific grobda (tank). To get it, you need to defeat the 2nd moving tank at end of area 7.

Note that this tank will roll down once it senses that you have the reticle on it (moving up from its lower edge). You need to shoot a bomb about 3/4 the length of a tank just below it and then trigger it so that it rolls forward and into the bomb you already shot. The game gives you a nice audible jingle when you defeat it.

If you miss, you'll be on area 8, so just keep starting from area 7 and keep trying until you get it. If I'm not mistaken, there's another tank that works at the end of an area (I'm not sure of exact area number for this one but I think it's 15. It does also have the audible jingle) but the one in 7 is much easier to get as there are fewer enemies around.

Good luck! 

Note: I have all the stamps for Xevious. 

oh sweet u are awesome thanks a bunch bro!!!! +1
Message 4 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
550 posts

Aug 8, 2009

*UPDATE*.......i now have both of the stamps thanks again for your help. I now only need the 500 flying enemy kills in one playthrough......any chance someone can tell me which area should i be at by the time 500 enemies have shown up through the air???

Message 5 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5432 posts

Aug 8, 2009
I just set lives to 5 and started in area 1. I gave priority to using the zapper to defeat air enemies over bombing things on the ground. I made it to area 9, I think, and I don't know if I could have gotten it earlier.
--

I neither work nor speak for SCEA;
the views expressed in this message are solely my own.
Message 6 of 7 (4 Views)
Sackboy
550 posts

Aug 8, 2009
wow i thought it was like ZEN pinball and wouldn't give trophys if those settings were changed........once again Thank you!!
Message 7 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes