First Son
8 posts

Re: Savage Moon patch 2.01 problems

Aug 9, 2009

JamesFluffyLogic wrote:

Further to Tom's post.

We're currently trying to find out what's causing the problems with Savage Moon, the 2.01 patch, and the Waldgeist DLC. By getting some information from you, hopefully we can fix the problem for anyone currently affected and prevent the situation from occurring again. If you could take a couple of seconds to answer these questions whether you've been affected by the problems or not, it would be greatly appreciated:

1. Is the game currently working for you?
2. If the patch caused problems, did the fix outlined below work for you?
3. Have you updated with the latest patch (2.01)?
4. Have you bought and downloaded the Waldgeist content?
5. Did you buy the DLC before you updated with the patch or afterwards?
6. How did you buy the game?
i) As a full game from the PSN store
ii) As a trial game from the PSN store and an update to the full game
iii) As a trial game from the PSN store and then using "Buy now" in-game

Thanks in advance for your help

1. It works, but only as a trial version

2. The patch made it turn into a trial version.

3. Yes, that's what messed the game up

4. No

5. N/A

6. Bought the game as a full game from the PSN store right when it launched. Therefore I have no option to purchase a demo unlock because the only file I downloaded (other than the patch) was the full game.

I hadn't played the game in a while, but your post on the PS blog got in back in the loop for me. Very dissappointed that I can't play now. Please just issue a patch to fix all of this business instead of advising people to do the work around.

Message 71 of 75 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 9, 2009
delete it n reinistall it worked 4 me
Message 72 of 75 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Aug 10, 2009

hey i downloaded the patch 17 hours ago... around midnight pst on aug 8.. and i got the error.. i just uninstalled and followed the procedure and it worked. KUDOS

1. Is the game currently working for you? YES
2. If the patch caused problems, did the fix outlined below work for you? YES
3. Have you updated with the latest patch (2.01)? YES
4. Have you bought and downloaded the Waldgeist content? NO
5. Did you buy the DLC before you updated with the patch or afterwards? N/A
6. How did you buy the game?
i) As a full game from the PSN store
ii) As a trial game from the PSN store and an update to the full game <-- i think i pressed triangle on the savage moon trial icon and clicked purchase (i usually buy all games that come in a demo-only form like that)

iii) As a trial game from the PSN store and then using "Buy now" in-game

Message 73 of 75 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

Nov 25, 2009

I have recently tried to get back into Savage Moon and play it. However it is beyond broken.

I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling the demo and then download the full game unlock again. However, the full game unlock doesn't even exist on the PSN anymore? When I go to it there is no download or buy option (but it still registers me having bought it, of course). Any help with this?

I then bought the add-on content hoping that might help, but it is still a no go. I am stuck!

Message 74 of 75 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
735 posts

Nov 25, 2009

Matt, you should be able to go to the "Downloads" section of the PSN Store, scroll down and find your previous purchase of Savage Moon.  Make sure you've installed the demo version, then redownload the unlock from your previous-downloads list; that should work.

If you're an original owner, they changed the install method for a new/clean install - there is no more "full" game, you have to get the Demo, install that, then apply the unlock and Waldgeist DLC.

The current release seems stable, so don't sweat this too much - it should work for you.

Note that I bought it first week, so have never done the Demo/Unlock sequence myself, but that's what others have reported as the way to do it.

SM's my favorite PSN game by far, so welcome back to it.  Waldgeist is still intimidating to me, but I cleared the original release 100% with all trophies and perfect-score badges.  Still trying to best my old times on old levels; it's pretty great stuff.

Message 75 of 75 (10 Views)