Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
8 posts

Re: Why can't we play PSN downloaded PSP games on the PS3?

Jan 11, 2012

boondocker509 wrote:

so if we download a PSP game on your PS3, can you still play it on your PS3.

No. :C You have to install it, and then copy it over to a PSP before you can use it.

Message 11 of 32 (2,446 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 11, 2012

fadi002 wrote:

That would be great, but the PSP is still being sold. They don't want to lower the sales for that by making it possible to play the games on your PS3. Maybe when the Vita gets older they'll make an emulator...

fadi002's Signature

My Twitter: TheLastOfUsJoel          My Youtube Channel: EveryClickCounts          My Flickr Profile: fadi003

Sorry, I totally forgot I'd written up this post until I went to look up whether things had changed and found my post at the top of the search. :smileyindifferent:

What I don't understand is how it would possibly lower sales. People who don't want to buy a PSP for the few games they want probably wouldn't have bought one anyway unless they were going to travel. People who would have, will probably still buy a PSP because you generally don't take your PS3 with you when you travel. But people who don't travel, only stay at home, and have a PS3, might buy PSP games if they can play it on the PS3! And then it's even more reason for them to buy a PSP if they do end up traveling because, GUESS WHAT, they have bought PSP games already!

SONY, IS THERE A CON AT ALL? I WOULD HAPPILY GIVE YOU MORE MONEY.

Message 12 of 32 (2,446 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 11, 2012

BassBunny wrote:

I am in the same boat, and I agree 100% if I could download and play PSP games right to the PS3 u guys would get so much more of my money.. I hate playing on the small screen and I'm not gonna buy more cables or devices.. Sony u could be making alot more this way

YES! Please, I knew I couldn't be the only one who felt this way.

Message 13 of 32 (2,446 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 11, 2012

JERM7 wrote:

Are you referring to the GoW origins and MGS (peacewalker) collections?  That's all I remember hearing about, so I'd be interested in what you saw otherwise.

No, no, GoW Origins and MGS Collections are remastered PSP games sold specifically for PS3. That's not what I mean, though uh, I guess that's nice too... ACTUALLY, wait let me organize my thoughts on this:

Remastered PSP games for PS3. They're cool and all, but they're for PS3. And you have to buy them again, to play PSP games on the PS3. That's not exactly what I'm talking about, and it takes time, extra money, and most people don't want to REBUY a game they've already bought.

What I'm actually talking about is the fact that you can download PSP games directly to your PS3. You can't actually play them ON the PS3, but you can download them and install them...and then you're told to send the game to a PSP in order to actually play it. What I want is to not have to use a PSP to play those PSP games. I want to be able to play them directly on my PS3, on a larger screen, from the comfort of my home and sitting farther away than 4 ft from the TV.

(Sorry about this super late reply, I kind of forgot I made this post and then I saw a bunch of people actually replied to it.)

Message 14 of 32 (2,446 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 11, 2012

chaos_789 wrote:

Also, sometime in the future you will be able to play some PSP titles on the PS3 system, Sony released an article about it awhile back, from what I remember not all PSP titles will work, but they will be adding new PSP games to the store and they will work on PS3, only certain titles though. I am not sure when they are going to finish this though.

Really? Is this similar to the remastered PSP for PS3 collections that you have to rebuy or is it legit you just download PSP games and some of them will work for PS3? Because that would be a start in the direction I am talking about.

Message 15 of 32 (2,446 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 11, 2012

nmagod wrote:

Because there's no PSP emulator built into the PS3, the reason PSOne Classics and SOME of the Minis work on both is that PSOne Classics have hooks and official support in both systems, and any Minis that work on the PS3 have the appropriate PS3 files in them.

Oh is this why. Yo, Sony, this would be something to add in, then. And the PS2 backwards compatibility would be something to add BACK in.

Message 16 of 32 (2,446 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4569 posts

Jan 11, 2012

I was replying to the post you quoted below your reply to me.  At the top of each post, it says who it was in response to.

Message 17 of 32 (2,446 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2123 posts

Jan 12, 2012

hey y so angry ?

my opinion is simple & fadi002 added a gr8 info "psp is still being sold" & thats enough reply 2 ur thread n my humble opinion

AM GOOD BUT NOT THE BEST
http://about.me/Rage_kmj

PSN Gamercards
Message 18 of 32 (2,446 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 13, 2012

I totally agree with you on this, I don't want to buy a PSP because of eyestrain and headaches I have with handheld consoles, but there are many PSP games I would like to play that I would buy on my PS3, but it's not worth buying a PSP for.

I actually contacted someone in Sony about this, and the representative referred me to the Playstation share blog to pitch the idea. Someone had already posted the idea awhile ago (almost 2 years ago), and it got lost in the many other ideas requested, but I think with enough votes it could get reach the eyes of the developers where they could at least consider it. Here's the post:

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/04/07/firmware-upgrade-to-play-mostall-psp-games-on-...

Vote!

Message 19 of 32 (2,446 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1114 posts

Jan 18, 2012

The InFamous Festival of Blood game was a PSP game that Sony offered in a PS3 version. I bought it last week and have been enjoying it with no problems.

I agree that Sony should offer more PSP titles for PS3 play. Especially since the PSP is now evolving over to the Vita.

In an unrelated side note, I wish the Vita offered Home access - I'd buy one of those puppies in a heartbeat...lol!

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Message 20 of 32 (2,446 Views)
0 Likes