Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: How Do I Delete The Netflix Icon?

Jul 15, 2012

The original question is a reasonable one, and no doubt there is SOME way, but apparently not an easy one yet.  In the unlikely event that Sony notices...

***  Please provide a normal mechanism to clean up your bloat-ware.  Visual pollution leaves a worse impression than its disk-space usage if any.  ***

Perhaps the original writer is a little OCD, but much more laughable are the writers who have nothing to contribute, but whose ego problems compel them to write anyway.

I came across this somewhat dated thread looking for an answer to the similar question about the other accumulating ad-ware icons.  As may other people.  Current possible solutions still are too much trouble for me.  But others may feel more strongly, and I respect their right to feel differently.  For any of those people willing to experiment...

Presumably the PS3's HD connector can be removed, perhaps making the disk's file structure readable directly, or otherwise decodable certainly, by another computer.

There have been PS3 hacks/ exploits such as a certain USB plugin.  Google is your friend.  Perhaps eventually there will be an open source direct USB connection to a Windows PC.  Cheers.  P

Message 41 of 43 (487 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 15, 2012

I don't know which system updates are involved, but also consider this post from another thread:

Esswun
Netflix icon not showing up in xmb
11-29-2010 11:51 AM

When they updated Netflix to play with no disc the icon was readily available and I installed it and it worked fine.

I recently formatted my PS3 and returned the system to default settings.  It's all set up correctly again and the system updates are current but the Netflix icon is no longer there so I can't access movies.  I also looked in the Store and there is nothing there for Netflix.

How can I get this back again?  Thanks.

Message 42 of 43 (484 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jul 29, 2012
NETFLIX FTW!!!!
Message 43 of 43 (478 Views)
0 Likes