Apr 24 2010
By: Fray_Maken First Son 7 posts

Help Request - Media Go Update Problem

8 replies 537 views Edited Apr 24, 2010

(Running Medai Go Version 1.4 (Build 269)

I can't no longer use the Media Go software to access the PSN store after the new Video Playback Engine update (Version 1.8.102.02120).

It was working fine prior to it, but during the installation process of the new engine update, the software will lock up, then I have to manually shut down the program via crt + alt + delete process panel. When I try to launch the program once again, it will freeze when it reaches the initializing I/O manager part of the boot up.

I am able to uninstall the the updated video playback engine part off my computer and boot up the Media Go software with no problems after that, but I can't see the PSN store tab. Media Go will then notify me that there's an update for the Video Playback Engine taking me back to square one.

One thing that I have noticed is that when Media Go crashes from the update. I can seeThe Error Report Client running in the process panel, but I won't  actually get any error message even  though I have configured the client to tell me of all errors that may occur.

I have unistalled all components of Media Go off my computer and installed everything fresh on several occasions with no resolution to the problem. I'm hoping someone here can guide me to where I can solve my problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (537 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Re: Help Request - Media Go Update Problem

Apr 24, 2010

Might not be fixable I haven't been able to get psn on media go to work since I did a clean install to windows 7

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (537 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 24, 2010

I have the same problem and I've lost my preference, podcasts ,media lib,  etc, it's a mess.

Can anyone help us ......

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (537 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 25, 2010

I think I found a solution to my problem. I uninstalled the update to the Playback Engine and decided to try and access the PSN store with my PSP Go connected to my PC this time. To my surprise I was able to see the PSN panel this time around.

When I clicked the panel it brought up a screen that I hadn't seen until now. It's basically a screen message saying that there's an update available with two options you can choose, one being to update the other to simply skip.

So clearly I chose the skip option, and now I can use the PSN store like normal. I download a demo just to make sure it work, since the screen message warns you about not being able to download content off the PSN if you don't grab the update. This is not the case.

Hope that helps some of you.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (537 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2064 posts

Apr 25, 2010

Are you all having problems on Windows 7 machines?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (537 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 25, 2010

Not me, I'm still using XP.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (537 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
474 posts

Apr 25, 2010

I can't get Media Go to update to 1.4 period.  I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

Just like life, video games has those moments when everything is a breeze and then there are those moments where everything seems impossible. However, there is always a way to get through those seemingly impossible tasks.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (537 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 11, 2011

Fray_Maken is right, Follow the directions and you will be gaming/downloading again.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (537 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 4, 2011

I know, Media Go won't let me sign in. It keeps saying "AN ERROR HAS OCCURED"

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (537 Views)
0 Likes