Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 01 2009
By: thepatriots Wastelander 717 posts

Media GO will not instal on Windows 7 64bit RC.

9 replies 1257 views Edited Oct 1, 2009
Simple really. It said that certain components (then it listed a bunch of stuff) could not be installed. Just bringing this to everyones (and hopefully Sony's) attention so that a fix can be issued.
Message 1 of 10 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Re: Media GO will not instal on Windows 7 64bit RC.

Oct 1, 2009

Maybe that's because Windows 7 isn't a supported operating system yet?

Media Go 1.2 literally was just released this morning, and these are the System Requirements: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/mediago/default_ENU.asp?page=sysreqs

One can only suspect (a suspicion that is probably a garauntee) they will release another new version with full Windows 7 support later this year or early next, once more of those systems come online.

Message 2 of 10 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2113 posts

Oct 1, 2009

Windows 7 64-bit and Media Go installed on it. Just noticed the update available too. Updating Media Go as I'm typing this...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

http://speedtest.net/result/1305298608.png

Message 3 of 10 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Oct 1, 2009
Nice! I guess you're one of the lucky ones, Al-Mann. I'm looking forward to getting Windows 7 soon.
Message 4 of 10 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Oct 2, 2009
Works for me also, running Windows 7 x64 RC. Weird how yours doesn't work.

Get your Portable ID!

Proud PS3 Slim owner.
Message 5 of 10 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Oct 2, 2009

Windows 7 64 working for me.  I dont use the Release Candidate though, I have Ultimate RTM version - same one you will be buying soon.   Perks of having a TechNet subscription.

Just a thought - but make sure you are installing it as an admin.  May need to right click the .exe and choose to install as admin.

Message Edited by Snarfel on 10-01-2009 06:20 PM
Message 6 of 10 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
717 posts

Oct 2, 2009
I found out the problem was that I just needed to install quicktime before I install MediaGO. Also it is taking forever for it to create a sense me playlist. I have lots of music but still I left it on for over an hour and it did not even get to 1%.
Message 7 of 10 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 26, 2011

Have Windows 7 64 bit. Media Go gave no indication as to the installation error! Used your advice to install Quicktime. Now Media Go installed! Thanks for your advice.

Message 8 of 10 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 18, 2011

I am running Windows 7, been trying to update or install media go 2.0 since it went live some time ago.. Thanks to my listening to whom ever from Sony that replyed to my email for help I uninstalled the working copy I did have in hoped that I could install from scratch the new copy 2.0. It still does not work.. It does the basic start up asks for permish, do i agree to it.. regualr or custom starts the unpacking goes quick and then at the end of the green bar it hangs..   No error msg's of any kind any where.. No hidden windows/popups saying error in task manager no (not responding), under processes CPU its at 00 use.. so to me it's not doing anything in any way nore using any of the system resorces as one would expect it too.. I can leave it for up to 12 hours and it does nothing..

I've even tried uninstalling Quick Time as one chat said that may help and it made no differance.. I even dropped security setting to lowest rebooted and no change either.

I'd so love a working fix for this so I can once agan load files to my PSP 3000 like I used to months ago..

Message 9 of 10 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Dec 18, 2011

WofBowyer wrote:

I am running Windows 7, been trying to update or install media go 2.0 since it went live some time ago.. Thanks to my listening to whom ever from Sony that replyed to my email for help I uninstalled the working copy I did have in hoped that I could install from scratch the new copy 2.0. It still does not work.. It does the basic start up asks for permish, do i agree to it.. regualr or custom starts the unpacking goes quick and then at the end of the green bar it hangs..   No error msg's of any kind any where.. No hidden windows/popups saying error in task manager no (not responding), under processes CPU its at 00 use.. so to me it's not doing anything in any way nore using any of the system resorces as one would expect it too.. I can leave it for up to 12 hours and it does nothing..

I've even tried uninstalling Quick Time as one chat said that may help and it made no differance.. I even dropped security setting to lowest rebooted and no change either.

I'd so love a working fix for this so I can once agan load files to my PSP 3000 like I used to months ago..

I have had no problem installing it on my laptop recently and that has Win 7 64 bit on it. Sorry I can not be of help.

Message 10 of 10 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes