Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Media Go On MAC OSX

Jan 26, 2010
hey we really need it u would get a lot of customers i have a 8 gig memory stick so i only have 3 games so i would buy so many more if i coud save them on my mac plzy everyone comment we need to make them hear.
Message 31 of 40 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 3, 2010
Well, there certainly are alternatives to using the Media Go software if you are a Mac OS user (like me), but it seems unfair that we have to go through roundabout methods of having the same experience as a PC user simply because we do not use merchandise from their competitors--whatever the reason. Moreover, accessing the PSN store from your computer requires having Media Go installed, which means that Mac users can't access the store from their computers. Mac users don't really need a media manager, but at least some software that allows us to make purchases away from the console (ps3, psp, etc.) would be nice and more importantly wouldn't divert as many resources as a full version.  Just something Sony's management should consider in order to become friendlier with a market that already disapproves of Microsoft. 
Here is my profile since I'm too noobish to have an image. : D
Message 32 of 40 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Feb 3, 2010

Ken-Y89 wrote:
Well, there certainly are alternatives to using the Media Go software if you are a Mac OS user (like me), but it seems unfair that we have to go through roundabout methods of having the same experience as a PC user simply because we do not use merchandise from their competitors--whatever the reason. Moreover, accessing the PSN store from your computer requires having Media Go installed, which means that Mac users can't access the store from their computers. Mac users don't really need a media manager, but at least some software that allows us to make purchases away from the console (ps3, psp, etc.) would be nice and more importantly wouldn't divert as many resources as a full version.  Just something Sony's management should consider in order to become friendlier with a market that already disapproves of Microsoft. 

There are no alternatives to Media Go for Mac users, particularly if you use SensMe Channels.  Only Media Go generates the metadata information needed by SensMe Channels.  Having just purchased a Macbook Pro, I'd love to see a plugin for iTunes (which runs much better on Mac OSX than on Windows) to support the PSP... a native version of Media Go would be nice.  Until those options are available, installing WinXP with Bootcamp and Parallels/Fusion are reasonable alternatives.

Message 33 of 40 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Apr 9, 2010
bummed out. has anyone here seen traces of death?
Message 34 of 40 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3024 posts

Re: Very True...   I've been a loyal Playstation customer fro...

Apr 21, 2010

Babkockdood wrote:

Justinwiz wrote:

Very True...

I've been a loyal Playstation customer from December 25, 2007! Thats when I got my PSP and my PS3 ( and Wii,  )

I've also been a Mac user for a long time.

Please Sony, we need a Mac OSX version!

No we don't. You can make a full backup of your memory stick just fine.

It's the user from which I was cloned! What's up, man?!

First Son
1 posts

Re: Very True...   I've been a loyal Playstation customer fro...

Jun 11, 2010

Realy hoping this gets sorted out too. i'd buy lots more from sony online if it worked on mc

Message 36 of 40 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 8, 2010

I say that not writing a Mac OS X port of Media Go is a lousy mistake on Sony's part. By having to download everything straight to the PSP and re-download any game I had to remove from my stick, I have been left with less time and download than I would have otherwise.

Message 37 of 40 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Dec 7, 2010
Check out iPSP
http://www.kaisakura.com/ipsp.php
---- END OF LINE
Message 38 of 40 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Dec 7, 2010

Thanks for that link Navstar.

Message 39 of 40 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Dec 8, 2010

I suppose if I really needed my Macbook to have Sony Media Manager I would just load up Bootcamp and run it there. I already have some windows programs on there already this way.

I also have a sony vaio laptop, and I use that for my sony devices like PSP, cameras, whatever. Seems to make sense for me.

Oh an Media Manager requires Flash, something I hate to use <grumble>

Message 40 of 40 (95 Views)
0 Likes