Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 04 2010
By: fk3gnsider Lombax Warrior 165 posts

Don't buy Action Replay for PSP Go

37 replies 2694 views Edited Apr 4, 2010

Ok, so I excitedly bought Action Replay for my PSP Go. I turn a game on with codes eneabled and to my surprise I get this message " The game could not be started (80210001)". I immediately emiled codejunkies and they replied back asking a few questions about it. I replied and they have not given me a response since. So I was left figuring it out on my own, eventually getting Gran Turismo and Little Big Planet to work with codes enabled and figuring out the rest of my games will work if I don't use their product. Be warned, their advertisement is very misleading. They advertise "thousands of codes" and "works with psp go". This would make the average consumer think thousands of codes work with psp go, am I wrong?  But it doesn't, only 2 games of like about 20 I tried actually work with it.

I asked for a refund, but if they don't give it should I complain to the BBB or something? I'm really not sure since 2 games did work with it it's the rest that don't as advertised. BTW it's the download version i purchased from their website.

"When a cause comes along and you know in your bones that it is
just, yet refuse to defend it--at that moment you begin to die.
And I have never seen so many corpses walking around talking about
justice." - Mumia Abu-Jamal
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 38 (2,694 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3672 posts

Re: Don't buy Action Replay for PSP Go

Apr 4, 2010

Maybe its a sign that you shouldn't cheat

Cheating basically ruins the feel of the game

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 38 (2,694 Views)
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Apr 4, 2010
Don't buy Action Reply in general it's a cheating method and that's lame.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 38 (2,694 Views)
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Apr 4, 2010

I play casually for fun, and it's not very fun to die in-game. Having all upgrades infinite heath etc, now that's fun. I couldn't wait but now I'm just sorely disappointed. I'm not an online player, nor could I figure out how to use ad-hoc. The cheating is purely for me and my personal entertainment. I'm not trying to start a debate on gaming morals just giving a heads-up to my fellow psp users about a flawed product. 

"When a cause comes along and you know in your bones that it is
just, yet refuse to defend it--at that moment you begin to die.
And I have never seen so many corpses walking around talking about
justice." - Mumia Abu-Jamal
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 38 (2,694 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3590 posts

Apr 4, 2010

fk3gnsider wrote:

I play casually for fun, and it's not very fun to die in-game. Having all upgrades infinite heath etc, now that's fun. I couldn't wait but now I'm just sorely disappointed. I'm not an online player, nor could I figure out how to use ad-hoc. The cheating is purely for me and my personal entertainment. I'm not trying to start a debate on gaming morals just giving a heads-up to my fellow psp users about a flawed product. 

Finally being able to accomplish something after many tires, now that's true gratification.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 38 (2,694 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
667 posts

Apr 4, 2010
It's not just about cheating. Sometimes modifying a game can be fun. Like jumbo characters, super jump, or fast run speed.

This sentence is false.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 38 (2,694 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3458 posts

Apr 4, 2010

pandaSmore wrote:

Finally being able to accomplish something after many tires, now that's true gratification.

Grinding is not fun

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 38 (2,694 Views)
Survivor
2820 posts

Apr 4, 2010

pandaSmore wrote:

fk3gnsider wrote:

He never said anything about gratification. He said he likes to play casually, in which case, casual gameplay creates a general goal for the player to work towards, but doesn't totally challenge the player like a hardcore game would. I understand the general reason why people use cheats for singleplayer use (I tend to try them out for games that have them built-in), but not really when it starts reaching online gameplay. What's fun about ruining other people's gameplay?
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 38 (2,694 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1344 posts

Apr 5, 2010

I tried the Action Reply on my PSP and it DOES not work at all. Besides, cheats are pointless. It ruins the gameplay! Seriously, people who use cheats are noobs at games.

One thing:: DO NOT BUY A ACTION REPLY

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 38 (2,694 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1154 posts

Apr 5, 2010

Ix_DarkDragon_ wrote:

I tried the Action Reply on my PSP and it DOES not work at all. Besides, cheats are pointless. It ruins the gameplay! Seriously, people who use cheats are noobs at games.

That's your opinion. Personally, some cheats are great. The older Grand Theft Autos had the best cheats. My favorites were the ones that gave pedestrians weapons and made them go crazy killing each other and going after you. The flying car cheats were cool too. Just because it's a cheat doesn't mean it's to make things easier or skip parts of a game. The ones I just mentioned certainly don't do that.

I have no idea if the Action Replay for the PSP is any good or not. I don't have many games where there could be funny cheats, and I generally don't like to pay more if they aren't already built into the game.

0 Likes