Oct 25 2010
By: lrlawson First Son 6 posts

One disappointed 14 year old boy... shame on sony

37 replies 773 views Edited Oct 25, 2010

My 14 year old sone saved for months to buy the psp go. on October 9th 2010 he finally had the 250.00 dollars saved. on sony's website they where then showing the promo for the 3 free games when you purchase a psp go system. my son goes to gamestop, buys his psp go, I setup a master account, I setup his child account, we login from the psp go using his child account and activate the system. Well it is now October 25 and we have yet to receive the email for the free games, so I call sony customer service this morning and am informed he had to buy the psp go that had the picture of the 3 free games!!! sony's blog says.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/01/new-promotions-for-psp-
this-june/

Wait, the fun doesn’t stop there… If you purchase a PSPgo system from today through March 31, 2011, you will receive an e-mail with a PlayStation Network voucher to download three games absolutely free! With premiere titles such as LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3, the PSPgo “Digital Game Pack” offers you an $80 value while giving you access to a great variety of our biggest games to get you started gaming on-the-go. What better way to get started with an all digital, full-scale, console-quality handheld gaming experience?

Read the second sentence it says psp go system not psp go digital edition system. So I talked to two different people 1 a supervisor at customer service they wouldn't even offer the kid 1 free game voucher or even say sorry.

Even better, now I see sony lowered the price today on the psp go to 199.00 from 249.00. I don't think I will tell my son that.

I am mad, but my son is disappointed. Great job sony you do an excellent job disappointing kids.

Lloyd R Lawson

Message 2 of 38 (773 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7171 posts

Re: One disappointed 14 year old boy... shame on sony

Oct 25, 2010

lrlawson wrote:

My 14 year old sone saved for months to buy the psp go. on October 9th 2010 he finally had the 250.00 dollars saved. on sony's website they where then showing the promo for the 3 free games when you purchase a psp go system. my son goes to gamestop, buys his psp go, I setup a master account, I setup his child account, we login from the psp go using his child account and activate the system. Well it is now October 25 and we have yet to receive the email for the free games, so I call sony customer service this morning and am informed he had to buy the psp go that had the picture of the 3 free games!!! sony's blog says.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/01/new-promotions-for-psp-
this-june/

Wait, the fun doesn’t stop there… If you purchase a PSPgo system from today through March 31, 2011, you will receive an e-mail with a PlayStation Network voucher to download three games absolutely free! With premiere titles such as LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3, the PSPgo “Digital Game Pack” offers you an $80 value while giving you access to a great variety of our biggest games to get you started gaming on-the-go. What better way to get started with an all digital, full-scale, console-quality handheld gaming experience?

Read the second sentence it says psp go system not psp go digital edition system. So I talked to two different people 1 a supervisor at customer service they wouldn't even offer the kid 1 free game voucher or even say sorry.

I am mad, but my son is disappointed. Great job sony you do an excellent job disappointing kids.

Lloyd R Lawson

it doesnt matter if it got the picture or not , you should get the free games regardless , some people get it in less than a week other in up to a month and others dont get them at all
Message 1 of 38 (773 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 25, 2010

1 customer service rep and 1 supervisor just basically told me tough luck.. He had to have bought the one with the picture of the 3 games. I don't have clue where or how to pursue this. If sony employees monitor this forum I hope they can fix this.

Message 3 of 38 (773 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1037 posts

Oct 25, 2010

The problem is the Child Account. If you read the fine print, it must be from an 18+ account.

It doesn't matter which system you buy. You could buy a Rock Band Unplugged version of the Go, and you'll still get your games. However, it must be registered on the PSN as a primary account, not a secondary child account.

Boycotting Corrupt Moderators
PSPgo Signature
Message 4 of 38 (773 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1037 posts

Oct 25, 2010

Additionally, you could have (and should have) taken your son to Wal-Mart, where they not only have the pack advertising the 3 games, but it's $199.99, and has been for a few months now.

Boycotting Corrupt Moderators
PSPgo Signature
Message 5 of 38 (773 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 25, 2010

Same crap happened to me when I bought my 2nd GO for my daughter and it had the 3 free game picture on the box plus I got it from Wal-Mart. I contacted sony also but basically got the run around and I gave up. I just chalked it up to sony screwing me over once again, yet I keep coming back.

Message 6 of 38 (773 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 25, 2010

toasty_hoodie wrote:

The problem is the Child Account. If you read the fine print, it must be from an 18+ account.

It doesn't matter which system you buy. You could buy a Rock Band Unplugged version of the Go, and you'll still get your games. However, it must be registered on the PSN as a primary account, not a secondary child account.

Would have been nice for the customer service rep to tell me this bit of info.. So basically we followed instructions to setup a new master account then a child account for him, activated the psp go with the child account now we don't get the 3 games.. great 

Message 7 of 38 (773 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 25, 2010

I think I will let my son call customer service. But then again what good would it do other than upset him more. Heck the only game he was really looking forward to was LittleBigPlanet. You would think sony would go bankrupt if they sent him a code to download that 1 game.. But hey they seem to enjoy disappointing kids so wishful thinking.

DeathToken-24 wrote:

Same crap happened to me when I bought my 2nd GO for my daughter and it had the 3 free game picture on the box plus I got it from Wal-Mart. I contacted sony also but basically got the run around and I gave up. I just chalked it up to sony screwing me over once again, yet I keep coming back.

Message 8 of 38 (773 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Oct 25, 2010

lrlawson wrote:

I think I will let my son call customer service. But then again what good would it do other than upset him more. Heck the only game he was really looking forward to was LittleBigPlanet. You would think sony would go bankrupt if they sent him a code to download that 1 game.. But hey they seem to enjoy disappointing kids so wishful thinking.

DeathToken-24 wrote:

Ypu, its been sonys only goal since its foundint to make you and your son unhappy, im sure it has nothing to do with buisness or anything like that.

Heck right now there spending millions just thinking up ways of dissapointing kids, its there primary goal.

Teaches both you and your son a lesson, do your research before making a $250 purchase.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
a cookie to whover can point out the flaw in my sig image!
Message 9 of 38 (773 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 25, 2010

Where may obtain such insight that you you have pointed out to me. Please enlighten me Suikodenfan670.
Suikodenfan670 wrote:

lrlawson wrote:

DeathToken-24 wrote:

Ypu, its been sonys only goal since its foundint to make you and your son unhappy, im sure it has nothing to do with buisness or anything like that.

Heck right now there spending millions just thinking up ways of dissapointing kids, its there primary goal.

Teaches both you and your son a lesson, do your research before making a $250 purchase.

Message 10 of 38 (773 Views)
0 Likes