I Only Post Everything
1098 posts

Re: PSP Go getting an App Store?

Jun 13, 2009
This would be good if Sony let's people put their own apps.
Message Edited by jbunz on 06-13-2009 01:45 PM
One Word : Sexy
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 30 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Jun 13, 2009

An app store with both free and paid content would be great.

As far as restricting..While I would want independent programmers to make apps, I would also like some quality control. Maybe make it so anyone can develop, but before their app is put up for sale, someone at Sony has to test it and look at the code to make sure it's not malicious? 

I think an app store would be crucial to the PSP's success. Iphones, palms, blackberries...they all have apps. Even the DSi is getting some apps. People love gadgets/widgets. They're fun to have, and sometimes very useful.

Personally I would love an app where you can take notes while you're in game. Sometimes I want to write down my destination for an rpg in case I don't play it for a while and I forget. Even on the old psp's it'd be possible. Just means that when you hit "home" (where it normally asks if you want to quit the game), you could get a choice between quitting the game ,saving a note, or reading a note. It could even record which game the note was made for.

Now that'd be an app I'd be willing to pay for. 

Of course if it were a Go Exclusive, it'd just be one more reason why I'd consider getting it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 30 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

Jun 14, 2009

Like Bone of World said i hope they plan on Putting a App category. It would make me Happy to see 1000 Owners Downloading Skpye from the App store, and Then GO users downloading Google earth from the App Store

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 30 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jun 20, 2009

If an App Store is released for the the PSP, it will be for all PSPs because Sony is trying VERY hard to avoid consumer backlash. That's the whole reason behind the digital and UMD coexistence. People keep acting like this is a brand new thing and it will be completely different from now.

The only difference that will occur in Oct is that there may be an App Store, and that many more games will be available in a digital format. Anyone with a current PSP will not be left in the dark as everyone is fearing. All current PSPs can download games as we speak, providing your have a memory stick of some kind.

I had already made the decision before the Go was announced to wait until more games were made digital before making more purchases, so this is just icing on the cake for me. And if we get an app store, I will be a happy camper... Now I'm just waiting for the video servers to get updated (so they, I don't know actually WORK), along with a digital release of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (no idea why a digital version wasn't prepped for launch if the devs KNEW about the Go).

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 30 (3 Views)
First Son
20 posts

Jun 20, 2009

Will the psp go have exclusive games on the network?

Because I was thinking of upgrading to a 3000.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 30 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3458 posts

Jun 20, 2009

Ghost120xh wrote:

Will the psp go have exclusive games on the network?

No, that is why Go only has one analog stick. Giving it exclusives would defeat the point of keeping it the same
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 30 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1257 posts

Jun 20, 2009
I'm not sure about a new App Store, but isn't it just the PSN?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 30 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jun 20, 2009
Theoretically, the App Store will be located on the PSN, so no, it will not be the PSN but it will be a part of it.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 30 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3458 posts

Jun 20, 2009

Making it Go exclusive will just piss off the hackers, who will port it to normal PSPs within a week.

I personally guarantee this, if they don't do it, I will.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 30 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3094 posts

Jun 20, 2009

Steven_PSN-14 wrote:

Thanks but I already have that for free... With "The firmware".

---

But that's really good news! Meh I only wish they could be free. I don't have either credit card or PSN cards. And they're not even coming here.

I would love to hear that the Go comes bundled with PSN cards.

---

And yes they say that are rumors but this time I'm beieving it; remember with those millons of rumors of the  PSP Go? They where true.

yes the firmware is the best

Misa Campo Sig Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 30 (3 Views)
0 Likes